Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / 2007 (Spoilers)

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / 2007

New Poster and pics.

tmntnewpics1.jpg

tmntnewpics2.jpg

tmntnewpics3.jpg

tmntnewpics4.jpg

tmntnewpics5.jpg

Today in school I found out that one of my friends in 'Acting and Directing' Class' uncle voiced Splinter on Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation! Pretty sweet, huh? He's also been on CSI, and a bunch of other animated shows. Plus he was in The Terminal.

Y'know, I thought they were aiming for a darker, more adult TMNT. The new trailer makes it look more like a kids/preteens film more than ever. (Note: I'm talking about the trailer from a couple months ago. The link MWoF gave could be a different one or the same one, I don't know, so I'm just making this clear.)

I don't remember anything about a reboot.
So what is it then? Just another sequel years after the last film? Even if it's not officially a reboot the movie should be geared towards making the TMNT popular again and not just among people who still watch cartoons. They ****ed this up already.

So what is it then? Just another sequel years after the last film? Even if it's not officially a reboot the movie should be geared towards making the TMNT popular again and not just among people who still watch cartoons.
One sec. I'll check with the people who made the movie. 'Cuz you know, I'm tight with them and stuff.

I don't know exactly what it is. It looks like just another TMNT movie, not connected to the others. I'm not saying it's not a reboot, just that I haven't read anything say that. The only genres that is listed is "Action/Adventure, Animation and Adaptation". So it doesn't look like it's a sequel, but here's the decription:

After the defeat of their old arch nemesis, The Shredder, the Turtles have grown apart as a family. Struggling to keep them together, their rat sensei, Master Splinter, becomes worried when strange things begin to brew in New York City. Tech-industrialist Max Winters is amassing an army of ancient monsters to apparently take over the world. And only one super-ninja fighting team can stop them-those heroes in a half shell-Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael! With the help of old allies April O'Neil and Casey Jones, the Turtles are in for the fight of their lives as they once again must face the mysterious Foot Clan, who have put their own ninja skills behind Winters' endeavors.
So maybe it follows the continuity of the show.

They ****ed this up already.
With you, what a surprise.

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer

Now maybe I'm wrong. Isn't this supposed to reestablish the TMNT into pop culture? No Shredder, Lame dialogue, aliens, cgi looks too cartoony. Not a chance in hell I'm going to support this anymore. Big letdown.

No shredder because Shredder is NOT their only villains in the comics ect... and they wanted to make it different from the first few films. If they had shredder than people would think "oh its a cgi remake"

Lame dialogue. I never actually watched the cartoons and old films and thought "Wow this is the best dialogue ever" Turtles is kinda cheesy and so Lame dialogue = cheese factor that we've come to love

Cgi looks like it should IMO. A 3d version of original comics with a hint of cartoon turtles. If it was too dark they eliminate the kids and 90% of their target audience

from they said in interviews ect.. It's a sequel to films.

either a) set after 3
or
b) replaces 3 like Superman returns replaces 2+4

from they said in interviews ect.. It's a sequel to films.

either a) set after 3
or
b) replaces 3 like Superman returns replaces 2+4
Really? Hmm. Wonder why they dont put sequel as part of the genre, as Ive seen for other sequel films.

I'm not so sure about this as a sequel to the films. They had a tone to them that worked. This seems more like something that would be better off following the show instead of the films.

I am not interested at all.

One sec. I'll check with the people who made the movie. 'Cuz you know, I'm tight with them and stuff.

I don't know exactly what it is. It looks like just another TMNT movie, not connected to the others. I'm not saying it's not a reboot, just that I haven't read anything say that. The only genres that is listed is "Action/Adventure, Animation and Adaptation".
I'm not asking you directly Ice. I'm saying why the hell would they make a TMNT movie when the main audience who would be looking forward to the film are now in their early 20's. Making a TMNT movie to put in theaters for kids is a bad move. Give them pokemon movies or something. Young Adults want to see Turtles too. So why **** them over?

Ice said:
With you, what a surprise.
So you're all for it?

Because you're smart.

Last edited:

I'm not asking you directly Ice. I'm saying why the hell would they make a TMNT movie when the main audience who would be looking forward to the film are now in their early 20's. Making a TMNT movie to put in theaters for kids is a bad move. Give them pokemon movies or something. Young Adults want to see Turtles too. So why **** them over?
Because they're not the target audience? TMNT never was meant for main audiences of 20's and older. That's they way they've always made it. For the younger crowd, not necessarily "young adults". Last I checked, people in their 20's are not "Young adults". Far as I remember, the old movies were PG, I believe (I may be wrong), not PG-13.

And no one is ****ing anyone over just because YOU think it's not the story you want it to be, or should be.

So you're all for it?
"All" for it? No. Not 100%.

Because you're smart.
Yes. And therefor, indirectly call everyone else stupid. Nice job. Again, not a surprise.

Last edited:

My son will want to see it, so depending on what it's rated I'll take him. But other than that I couldn't care less either.

I watched the cartoon because it used to be on after the greatest show in the history of television, Pee Wee's Playhouse, but I never had a single TMNT toy or anything. Never understood the appeal.

Really? Hmm. Wonder why they dont put sequel as part of the genre, as Ive seen for other sequel films.

I'm not so sure about this as a sequel to the films. They had a tone to them that worked. This seems more like something that would be better off following the show instead of the films.

It's a sequel. That's why Shredder isn't in it. The villain is Shredder's adopted daughter, just like what happened in the comics.

I've never read the comics, I wouldn't know.

Well. . .ok. I was just pointing out that it is a sequel. It has nothing to do with either the original show or the new show.

Well. . .ok. I was just pointing out that it is a sequel. It has nothing to do with either the original show or the new show.
Oh man, I hope that didn't come off as snotty. I didnt mean to sound like that to you.

Latest posts

Back