Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (franchise) - Timelines

Pro Bot

I kinda want to see a timeline of the IDW Ghostbusters one day. Kinda relevant here because of a certain crossover.

Prime Dimension
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters II
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Ghostbusters (IDW comics)

68-R Dimension
The Real Ghostbusters
The Real Ghostbusters (IDW comics)

68-E Dimension
The Real Ghostbusters
Extreme Ghostbusters

68-Q Dimension
Slimer!

68-M Dimension
Tokyo ESP

11-W Dimension
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Stylized Version)

50-S Dimension
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime

35-N Dimension
New Ghostbusters II Video Game

80-C Dimension
Ghostbusters: Answer the Call
Ghostbusters: Answer the Call (IDW comics)

??-? Dimension
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters II
Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Ghostbusters (Dark Horse comics)

Additionally, these comics have a crossover with the IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. There's also a Transformers crossover, but they are new versions of the characters that only exist in the IDW Prime universe.

Last edited:

Craig

My solution to that, is more of a head canon, but there could be "sub dimensions" of similar worlds like "Dimension III.2" for example.

It's a cheat but I kinda wanna stick with the "10 dimensions" fact established in-universe.
No, that definitely works. You kind of already have to do that with Dimension II. The Archie comics split off into their own separate continuity starting with #6. (Also, the aforementioned TMNTEntity has a great reading order for that series too.)

Initially I was going to argue that there’s way more than 10 dimensions no matter how you slice it, but basically everything could be a “sub dimension” of one of the main ones.

Craig

Not sure if I will consider these canon, or if they’ll even be possible to place chronologically, but IDW is coming out with a miniseries set in the 1987 universe. It’s called TMNT: Saturday Morning Adventures.

Craig

Ok, I have a few more details on my timeline for the 1987 cartoon.

So “Once Upon a Time Machine” (takes place not long after Easter, produced as a late season 4 episode, some episode lists consider it season 5) gives a hard 1991 placement.

Working backwards from that and backing up my theory that season 3 is the previous summer, “Michaelangelo’s Birthday” shows a summer scene on the calendar and places his birthday on a Monday the 13th. This lines up perfectly with August 1990. Several episodes before this (“Take me to your Leader”) places the season in mid-July.

Me personally, I also fit seasons 1 and 2 into 1990, since season 1 is June. I think you could argue that season 1 is 1989, but there’s very little time passed between 2 and 3.

Latest posts