The All About Grand Theft Auto Games Thread

Vice City is the only GTA game that is really worth a damn. Oh Vice City...sweet, sweet Vice City.

San Andreas was pretty great but I think they made the game too in-depth when they added crap like fitness and diet points. Along with driving, shooting skills. It felt too RPG for a GTA game.
Vice City is my favorite GTA game. I haven't played the games that followed.

I agree Vice City was the best one to date. San Andreas was kinda cool but not as good as Vice City and GTA IV I hated

Vice City is video game perfection.

The "Three Leaf Clover" mission in GTAIV is intense.

I...I just don't understand how so many people prefer Vice City. It doesn't even approach the brilliance of San Andreas in any respect.

Yes, the food thing was a bit dumb and if you saved your game as often as I did, you didn't even need to eat, because your hunger levels were reset each time. Honestly, I loved the idea of fitness and having complete control over your character; getting to decide whether they were jacked, skinny or fat and getting to pick and choose everything they wore. It was awesome. It felt like the character was truly mine. So yeah, I loved the RPG elements. They did need tweaking here and there, but throwing them all out for GTA IV was lazy and pointless.

And the story of San Andreas was far better. We get to see the development of CJ from a lowly, loser of a thug into a hardened, master criminal who is prepared to kill anyone to keep what is his. Tommy Vercetti is the same character at the end of Vice City that he is at the start.

I guess people prefer GTA to just be easier, dumber games that don't require any major investment of time.

I've never played San Andreas. I prefer Vice City not because it was "easier", hell, I didn't care for the story all that much anyways. I loved the look and fun the game had to it better than any other GTA game.

The "Three Leaf Clover" mission in GTAIV is intense.

Your Twitter postings about GTA4 have had me thinking about the game. I miss it - I never finished it (never came close, really) and I haven't played it in a long time.

Latest posts

Back