The All About TV Shows: Thrice time's the charm.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
New thread. Last one was still continuing the casting opinions on who should play Matt Murdock/Daredevil in next year's Netflix Marvel series.

CBR:

ComicBook.com has posted an exerpt from Joe Quesada's recent appearance on Kevin Smith's "Fatman on Batman" podcast that covers Marvel's upcoming Netflix series, set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"Although these are superhero stories, this is different now. This is the street level…this is the street level noir side of the Marvel Universe. Something that you haven't really, really seen in any of our Marvel movies," said Quesada. "And probably more ground level, than I think you've seen. This is not like us doing Batman, Dark Knight or any of that stuff. This is very Marvel doing street level superheroes.

"The scripts are coming in," Quesada continued. "They are pretty fantastic. They're really emotional. They're very, very original. But at the same time, it is Daredevil. It is Matt Murdock. We will eventually, hopefully start casting really, really soon, but I'm very, very excited about it."

tumblr_mkdn3lvVxJ1qcggijo1_250.gif

Not sure about USA but in uk the pilot for Constantine is on Amazon Prime now :)

Did anyone watch DC Comics Super Heroes batman Be-leagured on cartoon network? for a 30 minute lego special it was great (love the other lego specials too) and some great moments like
cyborg fanboying over batman
or
batmans evil laugh at the end

Was really happy to see Ditko and Kirby get as much credit as Stan Lee did in the special. Nothing really new in the special (except for that Phase 2 stuff), but it was an enjoyable watch just the same. It's also weird how this felt more like a celebration of Marvel while the DC Secret Origin documentary felt more like a documentary. Marvel's was basically "look at this! Can you believe that happened!? So cool!" while DC was "this is how it happened" narrated by Ryan Reynolds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently (and not surprisingly) there are preliminary talks of a spin off from Arrow starring Brandon Routh as the Atom. I'd love that, as Routh definitely steals just about every scene he's in, and him starring in a show is a draw enough, let alone the cool stuff they could do on an Atom series. I only worry that if it were to happen, it wouldn't be able to pull off the special effects necessary on the limited budget those shows have. Perhaps if they treated it a la Agent Carter and did a shortened season, less episodes (say between 6-12) but that would allow more of a budget per episode for the shrinking effects. The shrinking thing itself isn't difficult or expensive, but portraying the giant world around him (especially if he shrinks to atom-size) would likely stretch beyond the standard episode budget, especially CW's.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113465

Also, Greg Berlanti apparently has it as a part of his contract with CBS for the Supergirl TV show that Kara can appear on Arrow or Flash in crossover episodes. And given the CW is 50% owned by CBS (the other 50% owned by WB), that further smooths the "legal entanglements" that prevent other DC shows (like Gotham or Constantine) from crossing over with the CW's Arrow and Flash.

So it seems Berlanti had his eye on an Arrow/Flash/Supergirl crossover from the start.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=113333

That's really cool, though. I like that this little DC TV universe continues to expand. Between the already airing Arrow and Flash series, the upcoming Vixen animated online series, the likelihood of a Supergirl crossover (once that show begins), the Arrow and Flash spin off comics, etc, the Arrow universe has come a long way in the past few years. Never expected it to get to where it is. Glad it did, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone watch the SNL 40th show? I watched it online, but they cut out all of the old clips and music, which is weird.

It was really odd that they spent so much time building up Eddie Murphy and they he came out and did nothing. It was really lame.

Did anyone watch the SNL 40th show? I watched it online, but they cut out all of the old clips and music, which is weird.

It was really odd that they spent so much time building up Eddie Murphy and they he came out and did nothing. It was really lame.

Yeah, I watched it live on Sunday night... so odd that they air the 40th anniversary show of Saturday Night Live on a Sunday... and then are repeating it tomorrow night (on a Friday).

It was decent. Was great seeing Bill Murray on the show, as well as a new Celebrity Jeopardy with Will Ferrell, and Mike Myers and Dana Carvey doing Wayne and Garth.

The Californians sketch was horrible... cringe-worthy bad. Not sure how that made the cut in terms of deciding which sketches to perform. Surely there had to be better options.

And yeah, the Eddie Murphy thing was... strangely pointless.

Here's hoping the 50th anniversary show will be better.

Last edited:
Yeah, I watched it live on Sunday night... so odd that they air the 40th anniversary show of Saturday Night Live on a Sunday... and then are repeating it tomorrow night (on a Friday).

It was decent. Was great seeing Bill Murray on the show, as well as a new Celebrity Jeopardy with Will Ferrell, and Mike Myers and Dana Carvey doing Wayne and Garth.

The Californians sketch was horrible... cringe-worthy bad. Not sure how that made the cut in terms of deciding which sketches to perform. Surely there had to be better options.

And yeah, the Eddie Murphy thing was... strangely pointless.

Here's hoping the 50th anniversary show will be better.

Apparently they wanted Eddie Murphy to do a Bill Cosby sketch but sort of last minute he refused because he thought it would be kicking a man while he was down.

Latest posts

Back