The All About TV Shows: Thrice time's the charm.

As long as it's not on Earth it will already be superior to the recent films. I just hope they remember it's not an action show, it's an exploration show.

Well, it's being done by Kurtzman and Orci, so...

But in all seriousness, budget-wise it probably will take place mostly on the ship in space, with occasional outdoor locations for alien planets, etc.

I wonder if it'll take place in the original universe or the rebooted film universe... ?

Orci and Kurtzman's involvement, plus the fact it'll be coming out about 6 months after Star Trek Beyond (and likely a couple months after the film's DVD/Bluray release) make me think they'll attempt the first show set in the new universe. However, if it's set in the new film continuity, it'll obviously have to focus on a different ship.

Or, they could do a new show set in the original universe, though it remains to be seen if CBS/Paramount will want to split the focus between the films and TV series instead of making it all inclusive like the MCU.

Well, it's being done by Kurtzman and Orci, so...

So was the multiple Emmy award winning Transformers Prime. They said it was what they always wanted to do in the movies but couldn't. This might actually end up being really good. And now Orci and Kurtzman are gone and Transformers sucks again.

But in all seriousness, budget-wise it probably will take place mostly on the ship in space, with occasional outdoor locations for alien planets, etc.

I don't want them dwelling on single planet too long is what I'm getting at.

I wonder if it'll take place in the original universe or the rebooted film universe... ?

Orci and Kurtzman's involvement, plus the fact it'll be coming out about 6 months after Star Trek Beyond (and likely a couple months after the film's DVD/Bluray release) make me think they'll attempt the first show set in the new universe. However, if it's set in the new film continuity, it'll obviously have to focus on a different ship.

Or, they could do a new show set in the original universe, though it remains to be seen if CBS/Paramount will want to split the focus between the films and TV series instead of making it all inclusive like the MCU.

They should reboot it into a new timeline like they did in the first film.

So was the multiple Emmy award winning Transformers Prime. They said it was what they always wanted to do in the movies but couldn't. This might actually end up being really good. And now Orci and Kurtzman are gone and Transformers sucks again.

That wasn't a slight against Orci or Kurtzman.

I was referring to the fact their direct involvement with the rebooted ST film verse might make it more likely to occur as a spinoff of the films in that rebooted universe as opposed to the original universe, on a different Federation starship, etc.

I don't want them dwelling on single planet too long is what I'm getting at.

I don't think the occasional mission on random planets (like every other ST series has done) is dwelling too long. It's a necessary part of that exploration aspect you were talking about. Part of that means leaving the ship, occasionally.

They should reboot it into a new timeline like they did in the first film.

I'd rather they not reboot it yet again. I'd be fine with it set in either the original or new universe.

Last edited:
That wasn't a slight against Orci or Kurtzman.

Oh, that was a slight against them in my post. TFP is literally the only thing of their's I can stand.

I was referring to the fact their direct involvement with the rebooted ST film verse might make it more likely to occur as a spinoff of the films in that rebooted universe as opposed to the original universe, on a different Federation starship, etc.

I don't think the occasional mission on random planets (like every other ST series has done) is dwelling too long. It's a necessary part of that exploration aspect you were talking about. Part of that means leaving the ship, occasionally.

I'd rather they not reboot it yet again. I'd be fine with it set in either the original or new universe.

Like I said, I can;t stand the movies. The fact that the five year mission is taking place in a comic book says a lot.

I bet the show will a young adult, coming of age sitcom be called "Star Fleet Academy" and will be about cadets getting into hijinks and learning heartwarming lessons

starfleet.jpg

I love Impractical jokers :) I just wish it wasn't split up. E.g we are on season 7 ...... theres not been 7 seasons but your seasons are split in 2. Still fun

i just caught up with once upon a time, god damn it
can they stop turning rumple good then reseting it so he's evil again
that is getting old fast

From http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-01/14/2000ad-petition-dredd-tv-netflix

In the kind of almost slavish devotion rarely seen for properties not called Firefly, fans have never given up hope of a sequel to 2012's cinematic comic adaptation Dredd. Now though, the character's publisher Rebellion is making an official drive to show producers there's a market for more.

Rebellion has launched Bring Back Dredd, a campaign which currently has more than 136,000 signees. Shepherded by "superfans" Frank Palmer and Brian Ritchie, it's shifting focus away from a theatrical sequel slightly, and is now targeting producers of the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO to bring it back as a TV series.

"With the success of series such as Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and The Man in the High Castle, the clamour of the growing fanbase for more from the incredible world of the 2012 Dredd movie cannot be ignored," the campaign text reads. "We call on TV and movie producers to step up to the plate and give us more, either through a pay-to-view TV series or a new movie!"

The movie served as the kind of redemption for Judge Dredd that the character so often denies the criminal scum plaguing Mega-City One. Ignoring the Sylvester Stallone-headed disaster from 1996, the succinctly titled Dredd was a polished piece of action cinema that perfectly captured the fascist lawmaker from the pages of 2000 AD. Unfortunately, while it thrilled audiences and critics, it failed to set the box office alight, and a sequel has yet to materialise.

You can read more in link. It's unlikely but I'll be honest a 2000AD Netflix show would make me so happy. Hell if it goes on Amazon Prime I'd be happy too

Last edited:
Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons and Futurama, is in talks with Netflix to develop a new animated series.

According to Variety, Netflix is currently considering a two-season order for the unnamed series, with each season running 10 episodes. Variety hypothesized the order could be partially shaped by the long lead-up time required for animated series.

Other details, such as the name and premise of the reported new Matt Groening project, are still being closely guarded.

I love The Simpsons and Futurama so I'll keep eye on this

Finally my local HMV got in all 4 boxsets of Dragonball Z kai (they never had season 1 in stock)

1) i still hate the name as it's Dragonball Kai , Z Kai seems dumb.

2 the aspect ratio is 4:3 on the bluray. I hate 4:3 as the black bars I mean i just looked for pic

2816_2.jpg

See I hate those black bars

However that all said OMG it looks so beautiful and sounds so beautiful on bluray

Last edited:
You hate that it's presented in the original aspect ratio? You're getting the full picture and complaining?

You hate that it's presented in the original aspect ratio? You're getting the full picture and complaining?

Yes but during original run no HD TVs so you never had black bars. It's a minor thing but it's a peeve I don't like the black bars :lol: However it's cool if others do :)

Yes but during original run no HD TVs so you never had black bars. It's a minor thing but it's a peeve I don't like the black bars :lol: However it's cool if others do :)

It was only cropped to 16:9 because they had to make it fit on modern TVs. Most people are like you and have a fit if it's not full screen. I guess it's just that I'm used to black bars ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are always other sets you can get in 16:9.

It was only cropped to 16:9 because they had to make it fit on modern TVs. Most people are like you and have a fit if it's not full screen. I guess it's just that I'm used to black bars ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are always other sets you can get in 16:9.

I have other sets but those are not Kai :wink: It's like the Orange bricks they cut parts off as they were too cropped. However I think you misunderstand with the " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are always other sets you can get in 16:9." I'm after Kai as it removes crap like garlic Jr (god i hate most fillers) the black bars was a ;peeve but not it's not all or nothing :) I had two complaints but love everything else (well would love more extra features than none) like look at the eye catch

latest

That is ****ing beautiful! There's no release of Dragonball that I love in it's entirety as while i love seiers (my favourite anime) aspect ration , filler or in the case of GT , existing lol But I still love the Kai sets so far ('m up to episode 8)

I know about Dragon Ball and it's releases. The shrug was me saying I'd rather have the 4:3 since that's how it was made, you get the full picture, and that black bars do not bother me. I know what Kai contains, but skipped it during my viewing because I had just finished the uncut version of all three series. I'm waiting for it to be completed in English before I watch it.

Latest posts

Back