The All About TV Shows: Thrice time's the charm.

Apparently Miyamoto Usagi will be in this season. This is actually the best TMNT cartoon there's ever been. Season one they fight Shredder, season two the Kranng (who win by the end of the season), season three the Mighty Mutanimals and Bebop and Rocksteady are introduced and the turtles start time traveling and go to Dimension X, at the end of season three the Triceratons destroy the Earth, season four the Turtles fly around space with Fugitoid (voiced by David Tennant) and travel back in time to stop the Triceratons, and then the Foot start a plan to revive Shredder. There's also a running gag per season where they have a parody of an old cartoon. I love this show.

Apparently Miyamoto Usagi will be in this season. This is actually the best TMNT cartoon there's ever been. Season one they fight Shredder, season two the Kranng (who win by the end of the season), season three the Mighty Mutanimals and Bebop and Rocksteady are introduced and the turtles start time traveling and go to Dimension X, at the end of season three the Triceratons destroy the Earth, season four the Turtles fly around space with Fugitoid (voiced by David Tennant) and travel back in time to stop the Triceratons, and then the Foot start a plan to revive Shredder. There's also a running gag per season where they have a parody of an old cartoon. I love this show.

It's on Netflix now, so maybe I'll give it a try.

It's definitely worth a watch, especially since you're into the Mirage stuff.

I started watching Powerless. It's INCREDIBLY frustrating. Great cast, great obscure references (seriously, Jack-O-Lantern and Prince Evilo), but the premise got WILDLY changed during production to, surprise, fit more of a connection to Batman! What's worse is what started as a Damage Control ripoff turned into a mediocre version of Better Off Ted, I think they've even reused jokes. Unlike the rest of the DC shows this feels VERY much in the universe like Agents of SHIELD does, it's just unfortunate that it's not that funny.

I remember watching the first few seasons of the 2003 cartoon and enjoying it but it got kind of dumb and directionless by Season 3. I'll have to check out the 2012 series since it's ending soon, and I can marathon it. It sounds like fun, and the fact they parody the old series from '87--a pinnacle of my childhood--is awesome. I'm sold.

I remember watching the first few seasons of the 2003 cartoon and enjoying it but it got kind of dumb and directionless by Season 3. I'll have to check out the 2012 series since it's ending soon, and I can marathon it. It sounds like fun

Only part of the 2003 series I saw was like the first five episodes of Fast Forward, which I really enjoyed, due to this kid I babysat being obsessed with it. I late learned that people view that as the worst part so I'm excited to marathon it

Here's a playlist to the short films Nick made for SDCC 2016. Kevin Eastman and Paul Jenkins, Brandon Auman, and Jhonen Vasquez

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJb1AL9zU1GpiOqJIg2XfaLwUM4X-2axZ

Last edited:
Only part of the 2003 series I saw was like the first five episodes of Fast Forward, which I really enjoyed, due to this kid I babysat being obsessed with it. I late learned that people view that as the worst part so I'm excited to marathon it

Yeah, I'm watching those episodes right now and they are definitely the worst so far. The first four seasons are really solid. Season 5 is bonkers. The turtles get trained by the ninja tribunal to focus their chi and manafest their spirit avatars so they can fight the reincarnated demon Shredder.
Season 6 sends them to the future, and is much more childish because Fox wasn't allowed to air season 5. Then season 7 sends them back to the past. But I haven't watched any of those episodes yet.

Wow there were seven seasons? Man... I never got past Season 3. Now I kind of want to go back and rewatch all of them.

Seasons 5 and 7 are half seasons. The others are 26 episodes each. It's worth checking out since you're a TMNT fan. They do a really good job of adapting the Mirage comics in the first four seasons ( with a few major twists).

Also, if you haven't seen the Turtles Forever tv movie, you NEED to.

Last edited:
Seasons 5 and 7 are half seasons. The others are 26 episodes each. It's worth checking out since you're a TMNT fan. They do a really good job of adapting the Mirage comics in the first four seasons ( with a few major twists).

That's what drew me to the 2003 series originally, was how it largely faithfully adapted the Mirage run with, as you pointed out, new and original plot twists to the original comics. I guess I just lost interest around late Season 3.

Also, if you haven't seen the Turtles Forever tv movie, you NEED to.

I haven't, though think that's the one they cross over with the 1987 animated series, right?

Didn't the new 2012 show also do that?

You guys seriously need to watch the current show, just binge it. Not everything is great, but over all its incredibly solid.

You guys seriously need to watch the current show, just binge it. Not everything is great, but over all its incredibly solid.

I don't really binge any more. But I'll check it out. I'm still working my way through the 2003 series and I was planning to watch Clone Wars next. I keep hearing it's coming off Netflix in March, but there's nothing up on my Netflix about it leaving. Maybe it's just coming off in the US.

Anyway, I'll definitely watch it at some point.

I'll check out the new show. Been meaning too, like I said, just want to wait for its upcoming final season to finish so I can marathon it after work during week for few months to finish it.

And then I'll go back and rewatch first few seasons of 2003 series and then watch later seasons for first time.

Last edited:
I meant to mention this in the Iron Fist thread, but having Hoon Lee play Lei Kung in Iron Fist was kind of surreal. He voices Splinter in 2012 series.

I noticed three things today
1. Season five of TMNT started last week.
2. They have an upcoming episode called "The Crypt of Dracula".
3. They got a new theme song.

This is the old
This is the new

The new is incredible, so much better.

I'm watching the premiere right now. The cartoon they watch this season is a parody of Star Trek: The Next Generation. They did normal Star Trek in another season. They're letting Mark Hamill be as over-the-top as possible, this is great.

Last edited:
It's official, Nick has to have told them to go nuts

[video=youtube_share;uzdqP5eccEM]https://youtu.be/uzdqP5eccEM[/video]

I finished the 2003 TMNT show. The last two seasons (Fast Forward & Back to the Sewers) were pretty crappy. But the Turtles Forever tv movie was amazing.

I finished the 2003 TMNT show. The last two seasons (Fast Forward & Back to the Sewers) were pretty crappy. But the Turtles Forever tv movie was amazing.

I'm a huge fan of the first four seasons, since they largely just adapted the original Mirage comics for many episodes. Seasons 5-7 are absolute crap, though, fully agree. And the Turtles Forever movie is a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back