The All-New Dreamcasting Adaptations #3: Wonder Woman

If it doesn't start back up on its own accord, I'll probably bring back the game in another 6 months...

It just seems like people aren't as interested, and it needs a rest before being rebooted.

Thas was I was saying. I really wanted to start it back up after this round lapsed, but I have been intentionally waiting until 2009 to do so.

I'd really like to take care of this. I already have clear plans in mind on what to do, how to fix the mechanics and everything like that.

WONDER WOMAN

Based on DC's great origin story presented in their 2009 DTV film.

953c58aa77.jpg

Jennifer Carpenter, Chris Pine, Olivia Wilde, Maria Bello, Christian Bale

Diana/Wonder WomanJennifer Carpenter – Taking a cue from other hero movies, I think it's best to go with an established but underrated actor for the lead. So instead of trying to go with a complete unknown or instead go with a widely recognizable name, I'm opting for semi-newcomer Carpenter. The hardest part of casting Wonder Woman is finding a woman who is over 6' to fit the Amazon's role. Well according to IMDB…good luck with that! Carpenter is fairly tall for a woman…and add in some 3" boot heels, she could believably look the part. She's had plenty of experience in playing a secondary character and even had the female lead in other films…but I think based on her work in Showtime's Dexter---this could be her breakout role. **** Megan Fox.

Please note that Carpenter would be on a heavy workout plan and high-protein diet in order to really capture the physical aspect of Diana. I'm thinking about 10 pounds of muscle would do the trick. That way she looks buff....but still womanly. She'll still have her Amazon strength.

Steve TrevorChris Pine – First off…a Colonel in any branch of the military is old. Like 37-45 year old. Too old to play the role of Steve Trevor. But a Captain? Or even a Major? Then yes. So let's see…cocky…dashing…good looking…and charming military officer? Someone get me Nathan Fillion! Oh wait---he already played this role in the animated movie? He's too old to physically play Steve Trevor (anyone who's watching ABC's Castle knows what I'm talking about!)? Ok…well who else is as charming? Captain ****ing Kirk! That's who. Good enough for JJ Abrams…good enough for me.

ArtemisOlivia Wilde – To be quite honest…I love Olivia Wilde. And not for her acting ability (which is better than average for someone with her level of experience). I love Olivia for her looks. Especially that smile and those eyes. So sexy. In fact so sexy I've already talked about why I love Olivia before! Anyways…I'm really just typecasting another pretty face here.

Same as Carpenter. She needs to bulk up. But it's doable.

HippolytaMaria Bello – I want beauty…but with age…and with grace. Maria Bello embodies it all. Aside from being absolutely stunning for her age, she has an inner strength to her. I've been a fan of her work for a while, from Payback to Coyote Ugly to The Cooler to A History of Violence. She's been an actress who has been constantly working…but never that blockbuster actress. She's what we call "SNAP FAMOUS". You recognize the face…but not the name. But that's what we need here. Someone who has a commanding presence onscreen but not so much that she's gonna take away from the lead actress. Maria Bello….she's like a female William H. Macy. Wait---that didn't come out right…

AresChristian Bale – Not to tie Bale down to more than one DC franchise, but I think he's perfect for Ares. Here's the problem with Hollywood and Bale. They keep wanting him to be the good guy…but anyone who has watched Bale's career for a while knows his best role was American Psycho. Period. Let Bale be the cocky bad guy again…and then let him release his rage onscreen in pure terror as the God of War! Imagine him slyly reminding Hippolyta as to who helped her create Diana…and then mock how time hasn't been kind to her but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't deny her the pleasure of being with a god again…and then letting him lay waste to a field of warrior women only to have a final showdown with Diana. Bale = Badass Bad Guy.

So yeah....just throwing this out there for general info.

Latest posts

Back