The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Discussion (SPOILERS)

How would you rate The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

• Total voters
Re: Amazing Spider-Man 2 (news)

How bad is this? I almost went to see it the other day just because I kind of feel obligated to, but I've heard it's TERRIBLE, so I didn't. It is bad bad, or so bad that it becomes entertainingly bad?
It's better than Spider-Man 3, if that means anything.

No. They weren't.
I thought they were done really well. Again, the character interactions were the greatest part of the movie.

Spider-Man: Blue shows that that would have been a very good idea.
Yeah. Actually, this is true.

This is a great question, and one I've tried to ask of people who "stick with" bad books out of loyalty or something similar.

If you continue to give people money for making sub-standard quality stuff, guess what? They're going to keep making sub-standard quality stuff. Whether it's because they think that's what people want or because they are getting away with it; it doesn't matter. You are helping dictate the direction they go in when you spend money.

I just can't understand the mentality of feeling like you owe a company something. THEY owe YOU something. Hold them accountable and force them to make good things.

I think there's a difference between refusing to drop a crappy comic even though you don't like it and continuing to read your favourite character's book when it's mediocre because you collect it. But I also agree that going to the movies is too expensive to do just because you feel like you have to. Heck, I'm not even going to buy this on DVD until it's been out for a while and is on sale.

Last edited:

Why would you feel obligated to see a Spider-Man movie?

I almost went to see it, not because I wanted to but because I hadn't seen a friend of mine in forever. I ended up seeing Godzilla with him a few week later. It was a good choice.

Why would you feel obligated to see a Spider-Man movie?

Mainly because at the time it was the hot new movie, and everyone was talking about it. As a fan of summer movies, comic book movies specifically, I tend to see most of them sometime. Me being incredibly bored the other week certainly contributed to me almost seeing the movie.

I finally saw this as reviewing tonight. Holy **** they actually did it. They actually made a spider-man movie worse than 3 *claps* that takes effort. Eeverything in this movie bar effects was crap. Example i dare anyone to honestly say this was not electro http://www.quickmeme.com/Overly-Attached-Girlfriend/ :lol: and that line "I had a friend once, IT DIDN'T WORK OUT" wtf is that? The plot is almost non-existent , Gwens death was crap , and what was up with news people? all movie "Should spiderman be doing this what gives him the right" then hes gone for 5 seconds (5 months in movie) and its "Where is he?" lol Gwen breaks up with peter just to get back together like 2 scenes later.

It felt too goofy and very 90s comic movies to me. Example this has the tone of batman forever+Batman & robin IMO (not saying its B&R bad but tone is same to me) horrible movie

Worse than Spider-Man 3? :lol:

Much worse. In SM 3 at least you can sandman was good , effects were good + Peter MJ made sense.

In this film. Only effects were good + gwen (minus death and relationship crap) nothing else is good. Even the soundtrack is poor.

I'm not the only one either after you laughed I looked to see if people agreed Spiderman 3 63% http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman_3/ Amazing spiderman 2 53% http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man_2/ so 9% better. Which means saying Spider-man 3 was better is not that silly. This film was ****ing horrible in almost every way

Worse than Spider-Man 3? :lol:

Yeah, ASM2 was crap, but Spider-Man 3 was super-crap, if for nothing else, this:

http://youtu.be/2lju1vCkfmk

I mean, I get not taking it too seriously, but this and the jazz club dance scene were just waaaaaaaaaay over the top. And then, you know, Venom, who amounted to a horrible pastiche of all the horribly shallow 90's "extreme" cliches.

Yeah, ASM2 was crap, but Spider-Man 3 was super-crap, if for nothing else, this:

http://youtu.be/2lju1vCkfmk

I mean, I get not taking it too seriously, but this and the jazz club dance scene were just waaaaaaaaaay over the top. And then, you know, Venom, who amounted to a horrible pastiche of all the horribly shallow 90's "extreme" cliches.

That was bad. yes. But I'd take that over Goblin in this with horrible power rangers villain like mouth nawing or Electro been obsessed girlfriend who becomes Harry's pet to make everyone love him with THE worst and most Clichéd orgin with the falling in tank because everyone left him alone on his birthday to fix a death trap. He is 90s in the worst way.

At least venom gave us the spider-sense line that was amusing + the eddie side was good.

I just realised we are debating which is worse Spiderman 3 or Amazing 2. That's like debating which is worse, aids or cancer. Either way the winner is not a good thing LOL

Last edited:
I just realised we are debating which is worse Spiderman 3 or Amazing 2. That's like debating which is worse, aids or cancer. Either way the winner is not a good thing LOL

True. But just remember, Taylor Swift's music will give you brain herpes. Go get checked. And never mind the odd looks the doctors and nurses give you when you ask them if you have brain herpes. Demand an MRI! And pudding.

SSJmole: The original Wyokid. :lol: (No offense) :)

God help us all if they ever team up.

Last edited:
SSJmole: The original Wyokid. :lol:

(No offense) :)

I don't know what that is :oops:

True. But just remember, Taylor Swift's music will give you brain herpes. Go get checked. And never mind the odd looks the doctors and nurses give you when you ask them if you have brain herpes. Demand an MRI! And pudding.

:lol:

I would take Spider-Man 3 over The Amazing Spider-Man so I don't find it hard to believe that it's better than this one, which everyone says is worse than the first.

Got this on Redbox last night and it was awful. By far the worst of the Spider-man movies, and maybe even worse than the much maligned Green Lantern. It made Man of Steel look like The Dark Knight. The plot made close to no sense, but that is probably partially due to me stop paying attention halfway through to do fantasy football research.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a Hitler meme with that phrase?

Speaking of Taylor Swift and Hitler have you seen that thing where people were taking Hitler quotes and crediting them to Taylor Swift and unknowing teens praised her for her "quotes"? It's my favorite thing.

Qualifies (in my mind) as a better conversational topic than ASM2.

That's not hard! (no that's what she said!) I mean talking about how cardboard boxes are made is better than talking about ASM2 , Talking about when you sorta-throw up but not quiet and swallow what does come up , Is better than talking ASM2 :lol:

It's incredible to me that a discussion exists on which is worse, Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Spider-Man 3.

Latest posts

Back