The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Discussion (SPOILERS)

How would you rate The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

• Total voters
That's because it's the time of the year where I return! Always expect the weird , the pointless and the stupid.

That's because it's the time of the year where I return! Always expect the weird , the pointless and the stupid.

I thought that was my job

Now you see why I was so apprehensive about you two teaming up and forming some sort of weird "bad taste" team of horribleness.

Concentrating a love of Ultimates 3, Ultimate Hulk Annual, Transformers, Taylor Swift, and Venom into one team could very well spell the end of the world.

Transformers is good! unless you mean the movies. Also no team-up. I work alone lol

I don't know if I can say it was worse that Spider-Man 3. I actually liked the first hour of ASM 2 a lot. But It's just crap after that. Spider-Man 3 was crap all the way through.

Eh. The movies certainly are horrible, and the original cartoon and comics are probably much better, but I've been reading through the IDW series and haven't been impressed yet.

Not everything TF is good IDW is one of those that isn't BUT beat wars and the Cybertron videogame series and Prime are great.

I don't know if I can say it was worse that Spider-Man 3. I actually liked the first hour of ASM 2 a lot. But It's just crap after that. Spider-Man 3 was crap all the way through.

Ironically I'd swap that. The Sandman stuff at the start like that cool looking truck fight was Pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Eh. The movies certainly are horrible

The first two were OK for what they were - summer movie fun with no brain cells required.

The third had some of the worst acting I've ever seen in a major motion picture.

I didn't see the fourth.

Presented with the choice of the first two Transformers movies or Amazing Spider-Man or Spider-Man 3, I would watch the first two Transformers movies.

I'd watch Spider-Man 3 in a heartbeat. There's a lot of great stuff in that movie that's bogged down by Venom being forced into the plot.

I don't even think Venom is the worst villain in that movie. For being forced in, Raimi did a fairly good job of portraying him, especially if you can handle the cheese. I actually don't get why everyone rags so hard on the Venom stuff (is it the dancing?)

New Goblin felt far more forced, and beyond his formation sequence, Sandman was a total bore (plus there's that idiotic Uncle Ben bit with him). But even with them, I think SM3 generally gets more flak than it deserves, even if it isn't a very good movie.

Last edited:
I agree with cap. For the most part ASM wasn't a bad movie. Yes, the plot fell apart towards the end. But there was some fun parts to this movie. Sometime I feel like comic fans take their moves way to seriously. Out of all the types of movies we are the most critical of fans. I've seen a lot of bad movies (including comic book movies) that were much worst than this.

I agree with cap. For the most part ASM wasn't a bad movie. Yes, the plot fell apart towards the end. But there was some fun parts to this movie. Sometime I feel like comic fans take their moves way to seriously. Out of all the types of movies we are the most critical of fans. I've seen a lot of bad movies (including comic book movies) that were much worst than this.

This is true. Comic book fans (really nerds in general), complain and whine far too much about, well, everything (I'm guilty of this myself, because Ultimates 3 was freaking horrible).

Whether it's the comics they read, the films either based on those comics or totally original films (kind of ironic since Hollywood seems to be coming up short in that department), television shows, cartoons, video games, etc... they'll find something to gripe about.

Now, granted, some of those complaints are valid. Many aren't, and are the Oxford definition of nitpicking.

Thus, Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons is the most brilliantly accurate satire that show has ever done of an American sub-culture. Even more than the Rich Texan.

I've seen a lot of bad movies (including comic book movies) that were much worst than this.

I hate when people say things like this.

The existence of worse movies doesn't make this ASM a good movie, or any less bad.

I feel like comics readers do this way too often. Stop comparing the quality of something to other things which aren't related and the quality of which has no bearing on its quality.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Cinema Sins' Honest Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cWS-E1utN4

Screen Junkies's Everything Wrong With - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H53183mVc2o

Wait, what?

I hate when people say things like this.

The existence of worse movies doesn't make this ASM a good movie, or any less bad.

I feel like comics readers do this way too often. Stop comparing the quality of something to other things which aren't related and the quality of which has no bearing on its quality.

Exactly. Just because you stepped on a LEGO and got got shot in the hand doesn't mean your hand doesn't hurt anymore. They both still hurt, one is just more painful than the other.

Last edited:
Exactly. Just because you stepped on a LEGO and got got shot in the hand doesn't mean your hand doesn't hurt anymore. They both still hurt, one is just more painful than the other.

Going on a bit of an off-topic tangent here, but I feel like this is the reason we get so many sucky comics. "Well at least it's not as bad as (fill in the blank)" or "at least it's better than (fill in the blank)."

Going on a bit of an off-topic tangent here, but I feel like this is the reason we get so many sucky comics. "Well at least it's not as bad as (fill in the blank)" or "at least it's better than (fill in the blank)."

This reminds me of a great quote by Mike Costa

For as much goodwill and excitement as there is, there is also this real, very off-putting air of arrogance and anger and hostility that is at the same time very baffling, because they will continue to buy something solely to hate it, which I think is something unique only to comic books.

Which is absolutely true. Regardless of how much hate Jeph Loeb gets he's almost always a top seller. One of the most common phrases I've heard from comic fans is "I'm only buying this to see how bad it is"

This reminds me of a great quote by Mike Costa Which is absolutely true. Regardless of how much hate Jeph Loeb gets he's almost always a top seller. One of the most common phrases I've heard from comic fans is "I'm only buying this to see how bad it is"

I can honestly say I've only done that with the Ultimate titles Loeb was writing, and only to keep the timeline updated.

Wow. I've *never* done that. Never once.

I've *read* things to see how bad they were, but I've never paid money for a comic expecting it to be bad.

Latest posts

Back