The Apple Products Thread

I picked up an iPad Air on Friday and am very impressed with it. It's incredibly thin and light and much more comfortable to hold when reading, particularly comics.

I picked up an iPad Air on Friday and am very impressed with it. It's incredibly thin and light and much more comfortable to hold when reading, particularly comics.
Just wondering, most people buy those protective coverings for their iPad and tablets. I have one for my iPad because I worry my son will drop it. It adds much more bulk and weight to it. Will you buy a protective shell and if so, will that defeat the purpose of it being lighter?

Just wondering, most people buy those protective coverings for their iPad and tablets. I have one for my iPad because I worry my son will drop it. It adds much more bulk and weight to it. Will you buy a protective shell and if so, will that defeat the purpose of it being lighter?

I have the Smart Cover for it and no, it doesn't add significant weight. I had a Smart Case on my previous iPad and it did seem like it did. But the case covers front and back, so it would be heavier.

I like the Smart Cover because when I'm ready it's really easy to remove (it's magnetic; just pops off) in order to read more comfortably.

That's cool. I'll have to check out a Smart Cover. I bought one called covers for dummies.

Latest posts

Back