The Arc to End All Arcs

Goodwill

Brian Vaughan revealed that his last arc would focus on the reintroduction of both Emma and Alex, two characters that he wrote out of the series in the Tempest arc. I wonder what else is going to happen?

Goodwill said:
Brian Vaughan revealed that his last arc would focus on the reintroduction of both Emma and Alex, two characters that he wrote out of the series in the Tempest arc.
You make it sound like they were never EVER gonna be used again...

But I can't wait to see what Vaughan has up his sleeve with these two...

No, you know, when you come up with a new thread, you've got to make it provacative and interesting for those who don't know what's going on...

I suspect that there's going to be a new Brotherhood scare and Emma and Alex are caught in the center of it. Maybe they are objects of a bargaining oppurtunity between Xavier and Scott and Mystique and the Brotherhood... We may get to see the Hellions and everything... This'll be great!

Goodwill said:
This'll be great!

I think there's no way that the Hellions won't be used in an Emma story. Thats the only dangler related to her character.

Caduceus said:
I think there's no way that the Hellions won't be used in an Emma story. Thats the only dangler related to her character.
Yeah, pretty much. I mean, she was going back to her school in Chicago with Havok. What's really the point of bringing her back in an arc where hell is going to break loose, and her no have her team?

Well, her character may not permit a Hellion's involvement in the final arc. After the New Mutants idea was foiled, I think she's a little shook about actually taking action. Emma may have agreed with Xavier, however, I do feel there's more to her than just that. In fact, I would hope there is more to her. I do think that there will be some sort of Hellions, however, it's still very much in the air at this point.

Also, it was brought up that Gambit and Rogue may in fact pop back up... Do you think that this may be the arc where they do?

Goodwill said:
Well, her character may not permit a Hellion's involvement in the final arc. After the New Mutants idea was foiled, I think she's a little shook about actually taking action. Emma may have agreed with Xavier, however, I do feel there's more to her than just that. In fact, I would hope there is more to her. I do think that there will be some sort of Hellions, however, it's still very much in the air at this point.
True, good point.

Goodwill said:
Also, it was brought up that Gambit and Rogue may in fact pop back up... Do you think that this may be the arc where they do?
Maybe, but I don't think so. I mean, it seems it's just too early. They just left not too long ago. But we'll see.

Well, so did Wolverine and Storm for that matter... We'll have to see, though, I did ask Vaughan about his next project outside of the Ultimate X-Men, but still inside the same universe. We'll see if Gambit and Rogue will be showing up elsewhere.

Also, I think that Emma's character will be something we have to watch. For some reason, she's coming off as too nice, something that is polarizing her Ultimate counterpart with her 616... ;) She's gonna be fiesty, you'll see.

Goodwill said:
We'll see if Gambit and Rogue will be showing up elsewhere.

I really am beating myself aroundthe head for buggering that up. But the quote was actually that Gambit and Rogue would not be appearing again in Vaughn's run. This is part of his run so its not them.

Guys, Vaughan gave away a lot about the arc, or at least, stuff that would fit into his run over at his site... This time he answered questions about the regrouping of the Brotherhood, the Hellions, etc. Not only will we get a "sort of" Brotherhood reduex, we'll see Polaris again... Also, when MwoF asked whether Wendigo would appear, Brian replied, "You know too much." ;)

Goodwill said:
Guys, Vaughan gave away a lot about the arc, or at least, stuff that would fit into his run over at his site... This time he answered questions about the regrouping of the Brotherhood, the Hellions, etc. Not only will we get a "sort of" Brotherhood reduex, we'll see Polaris again... Also, when MwoF asked whether Wendigo would appear, Brian replied, "You know too much." ;)
WOO-HOO! :p

EEK! :D

I think that Emma will sort of make Xavier make a second campus that fits under his wing of Gov't Authority.

I think this will be closer to the 616 New Mutants, than the Hellions. And havok... I bet he, Polaris, Wolfsbane, and other members of X-Factor in 616 will be the team she uses to interfere and try to be peace-keepers, but the students dont follow her every word....

Hey, these are some great thoughts... This way, when Singer comes in, there will be plenty of things to kick around and we can avoid those obscure plot lines such as a machine that kicks out mutants, you know?

Also, when asked if there would be a second X-Men title in the Ultimate Universe, he replied "I don't think so". Well, Vaughan I think so. ;)

Dr.Strangefate said:
I think that Emma will sort of make Xavier make a second campus that fits under his wing of Gov't Authority.

I think this will be closer to the 616 New Mutants, than the Hellions. And havok... I bet he, Polaris, Wolfsbane, and other members of X-Factor in 616 will be the team she uses to interfere and try to be peace-keepers, but the students dont follow her every word....

Sounds remarkably Generation X to me......where Emma was a teacher....

It doesn't sound bad, though... I'm thinking that would be a good way to seperate and keep down the number of X-Men, if you ask me.

You guys, I'm sensing the Acolytes here for some reason... The Acolytes and athe Phoenix... I don't know, I'm just getting that feeling. Also, I'm thinking Singer will actually take on Apocolypse, which wouldn't be too bad at all.

Goodwill said:
You guys, I'm sensing the Acolytes here for some reason... The Acolytes and athe Phoenix... I don't know, I'm just getting that feeling. Also, I'm thinking Singer will actually take on Apocolypse, which wouldn't be too bad at all.
i don't think he would do apocolypse cause the timeing would not be right for that kind of story. with the ultimate trilogy still going i doon't think it would make much sense to bring in apocolypse

fantomex said:
i don't think he would do apocolypse cause the timeing would not be right for that kind of story. with the ultimate trilogy still going i doon't think it would make much sense to bring in apocolypse

Agree, if the bigger things like Galactus, Pheonix, Apoc. were to involve the whole Ultimate Universe than I wouldn't want them all coming at one time. I am looking forward to Apocolypse but whatever he needed Sinister to do wasn't complete so I don't think he's ready to make his big move yet.

Latest posts

Back