The Avengers - Announced!

I guess this means thats Iron Man, Cap, Thor will be unknowns in the upcoming films then...... Otherwise budgets are going through the roof!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I never thought I would see the day.... They better not screw up and leave out Cap, Ironman, and Thor. The Big three has to be there. And it would be cool if you could get them their own movies first.

Last edited:
I remember hearing from one of the comic con panels one of the directors there said that its no coincidence that the movies that were being talked about (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Ant Man etc) were all members of the Avengers, and left it cryptic. Looks like he was vaguing it up for a reason!

I hope that it will be in continuity with some other associated marvel movies (iron man, captain america, etc.)

Cool. I have not ready much about The Avengers only seen The Ultimate Avengers movie. Sould be cool thou as Avengers does have cool characters. and I agree with Hellsbuttmonkey they proberly will be unknowns which i like. One question thou. Mrvel are making a new Hulk movie for 2008. Do you think hulk will be in this like in The Ultimate Avengers movie? and will it be same guy?

The rest of the movies off the Power Point slides:

Live-action, produced by Marvel: Iron Man (scheduled out in 2008), Captain America (writer: David Self, Road to Perdition, 13 Days), Ant-Man (Scott Lang. Writer Edgar Wright, Sean of the Dead), Nick Fury (writer Andrew Marlowe, Airforce One, Hollow Man, End of Days), Thor (writer Mark Protosevich, I am Legend, The Cell)

Live action movies from other movie studios: Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four 2. Tentative movies: Deathlok, Gargoyle (Marvel has the rights to Gargoyles? This must be a different Gargoyle), Magneto, Namor, Punisher 2, Wolverine.

Direct to DVD Animation: Iron Man, Dr. Strange, "Teen Avengers" (!?)

TV Series: Fantastic Four, "Wolverine and the X-Men" (okay, we know who Marvel thinks is the popular one), Iron Man, Spider-Man.

A lot of this stuff is tentative and the schedules aren't announced. "Vapor-ware" if you will.

Last edited:
I'm optomistic that this will be good. The idea of three unknowns in the title roles is a bit worry some, but I'm confident with the right director it'll be fine.

Last edited:
Ice said:
The Young Avengers. If it's not them....then wtf...

It's Bucky, Robin, Spider-Girl, X-23, Beast Boy, Giant-Girl and.... okay, it's not. I have no idea.

YA turned out well. Maybe this will, too. (*cough*)

The Ant-Man movie I find amazing, since it's about Scott Lang, who is seriously DEAD. Does this mean we'll be seeing Zombie Ant-Man?

Ya know, this actually makes sense.

I've always thought that the problem with making a JLA movie or an Avengers movie would be setting up each character and then giving them their moment in the spotlight.

They could totally make this work if they set all the upcoming movies in the same universe. Down the pike we have Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Ant-Man. They can do those in order to establish the characters, then have all the actors reprise their roles for the Avengers movie.

I'm definitely not saying that this is going to turn out good, but I think the continuity idea would at least be a neat thing to see done.

moonmaster said:
Ya know, this actually makes sense.

I've always thought that the problem with making a JLA movie or an Avengers movie would be setting up each character and then giving them their moment in the spotlight.

They could totally make this work if they set all the upcoming movies in the same universe. Down the pike we have Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Ant-Man. They can do those in order to establish the characters, then have all the actors reprise their roles for the Avengers movie.

I'm definitely not saying that this is going to turn out good, but I think the continuity idea would at least be a neat thing to see done.
I'm surprize Marvel is doing it before DC, they already over came the biggest problem of a crossover the rights. But by Marvel selling their more popular titles out (Spider-man, X-men, etc) they built up the funds to do this themselves

Rhyo said:
The rest of the movies off the Power Point slides:

Live-action, produced by Marvel: Iron Man (scheduled out in 2008), Captain America (writer: David Self, Road to Perdition, 13 Days), Ant-Man (Scott Lang. Writer Edgar Wright, Sean of the Dead), Nick Fury (writer Andrew Marlowe, Airforce One, Hollow Man, End of Days), Thor (writer Mark Protosevich, I am Legend, The Cell)

Live action movies from other movie studios: Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four 2. Tentative movies: Deathlok, Gargoyle (Marvel has the rights to Gargoyles? This must be a different Gargoyle), Magneto, Namor, Punisher 2, Wolverine.

Direct to DVD Animation: Iron Man, Dr. Strange, "Teen Avengers" (!?)

TV Series: Fantastic Four, "Wolverine and the X-Men" (okay, we know who Marvel thinks is the popular one), Iron Man, Spider-Man.

A lot of this stuff is tentative and the schedules aren't announced. "Vapor-ware" if you will.

Where's "The Incredible Hulk"? I want to see that.

By the way, I belong to that tiny group of people who thought that "Hulk" was a great film.

But on topic, "Avengers" movie? I say: Bring it on, Marvel. Unless it sucks. Then in that case bring it off and get back to working on your other 46 films planned for the next five years.

ultimatedjf said:
But on topic, "Avengers" movie? I say: Bring it on, Marvel. Unless it sucks. Then in that case bring it off and get back to working on your other 46 films planned for the next five years.
Well I dont think it will start production for years, plus after the Cap, Ironman, Thor and Ant man pictures come out there will have to be a bunch of rewrites

Interesting to see (assuming it gets made) what the team on Avengers is. Can't be the current New Avengers line-up (not with Spidey and Wolverine *cough*thank god*cough*) so maybe it'll be an earlier lineup

I......uhhh......hmmmmm......well...........I don't know. I'd like to be hyped.....but I just can't.

This is a huge property for Marvel to use but with so many iconic characters I just don't know.

There's no way were going to like everybodies performance. But when it's all said and done I think overall it'll be satisfactory.

Latest posts

Back