The Best Marvel Stories

Steve GMan

I want to read some of the better stories that Marvel has put out, so far I started with Marvels, X-Men: Days of Future Past and Daredevil: Born Again. Marvels was good (though not as good as Kingdom Come), I enjoyed DoFP a lot (though Claremont seems to drag on a bit with the thought balloons), and I haven't gotten to Born Again yet, but I like all the other Frank Miller material I've read.

What else do you think is worth buying? Any of Walt Simonson's Thor? Earth X? What are some good F4? Any opinions would be great.

ProjectX2 said:
Earth X.

Earth X is the greatest comic story ever told.

Sentry (the original series) is second.

1602 was very good. The Death of Gwen Stacy is also very good despite how dated it is.

I just read the Sentry today.

The art was excellent, and the story was ok, but I wouldn't rave about it.

the sole purpose of hte time machine i am building is to make sure maximum carnage never happened. that's how terrible it was.

i like death of gwen stacy

earth x was good, but extremely hard to follow, in my opinion

sentry was good

frank miller's run on daredevil, with elektra and bullseye and kingpin and all that glorious stuff

mark waid's run on FF

iceman said:
the sole purpose of hte time machine i am building is to make sure maximum carnage never happened. that's how terrible it was.

Your on the list for a Nur Hachi fist

All these suggestions sound great so far, thanks guys.

Nurhachi said:
Maximum Carnage :D

I remember having an issue of that when I was like, 7. It had I think on the cover Venom fighting Carnage, Spider-Man fighting the Doppleganger, and Demogoblin fighting Deathlock.

It was probably the greatest comic ever printed.

Steve GMan said:
I remember having an issue of that when I was like, 7. It had I think on the cover Venom fighting Carnage, Spider-Man fighting the Doppleganger, and Demogoblin fighting Deathlock.

It was probably the greatest comic ever printed.

Maximum Carnage was the storyline which first introduced me to the term "crossover". It was a few years later I also learned it was a "drawn-out crossover".

UltimateE said:
No one takes you seriously anyway.

I meant the one shot, where they all fought him. Not the buildup or the heros reborn thing. Just that issue. I read it when I was 10 and still love it.

Best ever Marvel series. Hmm. Toughie.

Well, not the best, but Avengers: Under Siege is pretty damn good. Roger Stern and Buscema. The Masters of Evil (zemo and his gang) take over the Avengers. Even if the story isn't good enough forya, Jarvis gets the **** beaten out of him. But the story is aweome. My favourite avengers story. ever. (Far better than that New Avengers ****)

The Phalanx Covenant was good. As well as AOA all of the arcs. Extinction Agenda. x-cutioner's song. Phoenix Saga. Dark Phoenix Saga. And Fatal Attraction.

God loves man kills. Zero tolerance.

Forgot those.

thee great one said:
I meant the one shot, where they all fought him. Not the buildup or the heros reborn thing. Just that issue. I read it when I was 10 and still love it.

Ooooohhhh...gotcha.

Actually I agree - you're talking about "Onslaught: Marvel Universe", right? That was pretty good, all things considered.

As a whole, the story sucked though.

Latest posts

Back