The Big Bang Theory (CBS) (Discussion/Spoilers).

That's my take on it completely.

Been a geek all my life. Had LAN parties and while I never played it, have had a dozen or so friends who are big into D&D.

And they have girlfriends, a few have kids. They're not social freaks, I'm not a social freak.

There for a while it seemed like being a nerd or a geek was becoming mainstream. This show's just here to poke fun at them. "Look at how they're pathetic! Watch them as they only know trivial stuff and don't know how to repair a car or talk to a girl!"

Felt the same way about Napoleon Dynamite, except he was the kind of dweeb that nerds stay away from.

I watched this week's episode while I was doing something else. It really does demean nerds and geeks.

And is generally not funny. ANd the girl is hot----but I keep looking at her as the poor man's Brittany Daniels.

Last edited:
I watched this week's episode while I was doing something else. It really does demean nerds and geeks.
I disagree. I mean, it's just meant to be a comedy about people who act like that (which they are). Saying that it shows ALL nerds and geeks acting like that is just perception. That's like saying seeing Barney act the way he does means every guy or something acts the same way.

And is generally not funny. ANd the girl is hot----but I keep looking at her as the poor man's Brittany Daniels.

Indeed. The show doesn't really seem to be going anywhere either, plot wise.

It's not that type of show that has a plot going somewhere like HIMYM.

I don't have a problem with the plot not going anywhere. It can be one of those comedies that only have random episodes not really dealing with anything in sequential order.

That's fine.

My problem is that the show, like Two and Half Men, is completely unfunny. Everything feels forced. From the sexy neighbor, to the random geek stereotypes, to the jokes. There's nothing natural or organic about it that allows the show to breathe.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the plot not going anywhere. It can be one of those comedies that only have random episodes not really dealing with anything in sequential order.

That's fine.

My problem is that the show, like Two and Half Men, is completely unfunny. Everything feels forced. From the sexy neighbor, to the random geek stereotypes, to the jokes. There's nothing natural or organic about it that allows the show to breathe.

I can see that. I think the whole point of the show is those stereotypes, neighbor and all.

Eh, I still enjoy it.

When the show came back on, I loved how they referenced the Terminator show.

"Why would Skynet need to make a terminator like a 17 year old hot girl?"

"Skynet is...kinky?"

:lol:

That was brilliant.

My current favourite line though has to be
"Forget your suit. Look at my arms flailing. I'm like a flamingo on Ritalin!"

CBS Monday stays strong

According to Nielsen preliminary estimates, CBS ran second to "Dancing" in the night's opening hour with "The Big Bang Theory" (3.1 rating/9 share in adults 18-49, 8.7 million viewers overall) and "How I Met Your Mother" (4.0/11 in 18-49, 9.7 million viewers overall), with the latter continuing to shine in its new timeslot, building by 2 shares on its lead-in.

I was yelling this really loudly at the TV the other night, but it seemed like the characters didn't hear me, so if anyone knows their email addresses I'd be grateful.

Hey, jackasses, you know why women don't want to go out with you? Because you view women as a conglomerated hive-mind with breasts. You have no goal other than to "get a girlfriend". You'd all be terrible boyfriends. You don't care about the women's personality, you wouldn't care if they're happy or enjoying the relationship (I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I bet that would make you pretty bad in bed, too), and THEY CAN TELL. Women aren't stupid, you know, even if your pathetic high school psychological hangups have you convinced otherwise.

Of course, there are some women who don't care about being respected and just want sex, but you're too unattractive, out of shape, and cowardly to attract them. (Also see my "bad in bed" comment from earlier.) So you resort to trying to attract girls with your supposed genius, even though you're so stupid and socially awkward that you manage to alienate half the human race. Instead of finding someone whose personality is compatible with yours (AMAZING REVELATION: there are female professors and physicists!), you pathetically drool over every woman you find attractive (I bet you hear the phrase "my eyes are up here" a lot) and whine about how "girls don't like nice guys."

GROW UP.

Clearly, I am taking this show too seriously and for my continued mental health shall cease watching it forthwith. I'm just so sick of this:

3) Female character. The female, under NO circumstance, should EVER have an interesting personality. The entire purpose of the female character is to make snide comments whenever the "wacky" male characters say or do something stupid. She must have a one-dimensional attitude and exist solely to appear in the last panel, muttering something incredibly sarcastic. This is because in real life, females are never humorous and live just to keep the males from doing intensely stupid things like lighting each other on fire or trying to drink Windex.

and related stereotypes.

Something positive? Hmmm... the theme song kicks ***.

I was yelling this really loudly at the TV the other night, but it seemed like the characters didn't hear me, so if anyone knows their email addresses I'd be grateful.

Hey, jackasses, you know why women don't want to go out with you? Because you view women as a conglomerated hive-mind with breasts. You have no goal other than to "get a girlfriend". You'd all be terrible boyfriends. You don't care about the women's personality, you wouldn't care if they're happy or enjoying the relationship (I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I bet that would make you pretty bad in bed, too), and THEY CAN TELL. Women aren't stupid, you know, even if your pathetic high school psychological hangups have you convinced otherwise.

Of course, there are some women who don't care about being respected and just want sex, but you're too unattractive, out of shape, and cowardly to attract them. (Also see my "bad in bed" comment from earlier.) So you resort to trying to attract girls with your supposed genius, even though you're so stupid and socially awkward that you manage to alienate half the human race. Instead of finding someone whose personality is compatible with yours (AMAZING REVELATION: there are female professors and physicists!), you pathetically drool over every woman you find attractive (I bet you hear the phrase "my eyes are up here" a lot) and whine about how "girls don't like nice guys."

GROW UP.

Clearly, I am taking this show too seriously and for my continued mental health shall cease watching it forthwith. I'm just so sick of this:

and related stereotypes.

This sounds too much like me. I don't like it.

Seriously it was great.

GROW UP.

and related stereotypes.

Of course they act like that- stereotypes and all.

It's the part of the show! They're meant to be like that!

Latest posts

Back