The Black Donnellys

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Anybody catch this awesome show by NBC last night?

The premise:
"Meet the Donnelly brothers: Tommy, Jimmy, Kevin and Sean. There is nothing these four Irish brothers wouldn't do to protect each other, and for them that means lying, cheating, stealing and, occasionally, calling the cops. Narrated by wannabe gangster Joey "Ice Cream," this gritty series bears witness to the Donnelly brothers' sudden involvement in organized crime, focusing on how they go from boys to mobsters, and showing how their new life affects their relationships with friends, family and lovers."

It's from the creators/writers of "Crash" and "Million Dollar Baby".

So anyone watch this?

I hated both Crash and Million Dollar baby so...I'll probably be off pretending that this show doesn't exist.

Aside from there being 4 siblings....you can't really compare it to Four Brothers.

It's loosely based on one of the writer's childhood.

i really dug the show, in the time allowed, it had a lot of story and alot of developments. i just hope they can keep this up.

and nice to see the Irish get there share of the spot light instead of the Italians.

any one tell me what happened at the end? did the cops work for Nicki? (wheres the punisher when you need him?:wink: )

Are they repeating the pilot? I don't watch anything at 10, and forgot this was comming on.

theres a repeat on Thursday i think, it was so good i think im going to watch it again. all i know is, it better not mess up my ER. 8)

theres a repeat on Thursday i think, it was so good i think im going to watch it again. all i know is, it better not mess up my ER. 8)

I knew I could count on Nigma to back me up as the voice of reason! :rockon:

Seriously people---this is really good.

I'll wait until you guys check the encore showing on Thursday before I start posting about it.

CHECK IT!

Definitely a good show. It's really a character drama about four brothers and the strength of their bond. The ending of the first episode really comes out of no where.

and nice to see the Irish get there share of the spot light instead of the Italians.

Thats what I'm talking about. Yeah.

Anyway, I stuck around on NBC after Heroes and checked this out, after seeing a commercial during the aforementioned Heroes for this show. I decided to give it a shot, and am glad I did. Pretty interesting show so far. Liked the ending to the first episode...I just hope it doesn't become the Lucky Charms version of the Sopranos...

OMG, their mom is Janeway, defeater of Borgs!

No wonder the kids turn to crime.

Last edited:
I would only watch this if it were a sitcom about a family from the projects that moves to Ireland after figuring out that their ancestors were Irish.

"This Fall, The Donnellys got themselves a new address...And it ain't where ya think!"

The Black Donnellys, coming to NBC this Fall!

*sponsored by your local KKK chapter and it's affilliates*

Latest posts

Back