The Black Panther Movie News

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wesley Snipes on Black Panther
Source: T'Challa
September 15, 2005

'T'Challa' tells us that Wesley Snipes was in Nigeria to open a new nightspot and a local journalist, Abdulkareem Baba Aminu, asked the "Blade" trilogy star a question about Black Panther. Here is an excerpt from the text of the journalist's article as it appeared in the newspaper:

When the questions began, they ranged from his choice of quotes in popular movies like 'Passenger 57' to what his mission in Nigeria would be. Trust Entertainment asked him if he would use this opportunity to research a bit on one of his upcoming projects, called 'Black Panther,' and he smiled, visibly surprised. "Wow. 'The Black Panther' means a lot of things, but what my friend over there is talking about is a presently unannounced project of mine based on a 60s Marvel comicbook of the same name," said Snipes as he gave more background on the film: "I've always been attracted to the story because the protagonist is a strong African figure, a monarch who is very intelligent and powerful, who uses his gifts to protect his people from external forces. In it, Africans are it." The star continued "And as for me doing research here in Nigeria, no: that's not what I'm here for. But now that you've mentioned it, it sounds like a great idea. I'd absolutely love to do 'Black Panther' in Nigeria."

I'm really looking forward to this. I hate Wesley ever since those reports on Blade III but I think this character and the movie about a leader of a country protecting his people by being a superhero really will be awesome.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm really looking forward to this. I hate Wesley ever since those reports on Blade III but I think this character and the movie about a leader of a country protecting his people by being a superhero really will be awesome.

What reports? And even though I knew nothing about this, it isn't really surprising. But seriously, if Snipes next role is Cage, followed up by a Falcon movie, we know he's got a thing for black Marvel heroes.

DIrishB said:
What reports? And even though I knew nothing about this, it isn't really surprising. But seriously, if Snipes next role is Cage, followed up by a Falcon movie, we know he's got a thing for black Marvel heroes.

Everyone said Snipes was getting real stuck up as the trilogy progressed. They said by Trilogy that he wouldn't take his sunglasses off even during the interrogation scene. They said he was very difficult to work with.

Is this a joke? Why would they make a Black Panther movie?

Stupid.

DIrishB said:
Why would they make Gigli?

Touche.

However, we didn't know Gigli was lame until the movie came out. Black Panther has been lame for a long time. :D

Except in Earth X. But Vin Diesel could have been in Earth X and he would have been teh r0x0rz. That's how awesome Earth X was.

UltimateE said:
Touche.

However, we didn't know Gigli was lame until the movie came out. Black Panther has been lame for a long time. :D

Except in Earth X. But Vin Diesel could have been in Earth X and he would have been teh r0x0rz. That's how awesome Earth X was.

Don't overstep your bounds...Vin Diesel probably could have screwed up a free lunch. Like I said, when Boiler Room is the extent of your acting ability...you shouldn't be an actor.

You're right about Gigli though.

UltimateE said:
Touche.

No, people knew Gigli was lame before it was written, we just didn't tell you E. Anyways, Black Panther could make a very interesting movie if it was done right. I would definitely play up the tribal side of Wakanda vs the ultra-advanced side that arises under T'Challa's rule, as well as the Vibranium connections. The idea of being able to write it as a superhero movie thats not a superhero movie is also appealing. The Panther was never meant to be a hero identity, its a tribal totem, assuming the identity is assuming kingship and thus being able to fight with the strength of the nation itself. Hell, have Morgan Freeman dressed up like some wild shaman telling him that with flashes of jackboots marching on an invasion and then show crazy *** action fighting scenes and you've got a surefire preview that will bring in hordes.

thee great one said:

*cough*Man-Thing*cough*

What, you got problems?

What -- you're the one choking on Man-Thing.

Ba-dum-dum. :D

UltimateE said:
Is this a joke? Why would they make a Black Panther movie?

Stupid.
I don't know why but I want to compare this to an African Zorro. Think about it. A man who'se civilian identity is respected but his secret life is adventerous in the name of his people. Why not make a movie out of this. I think it'll be great.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't know why but I want to compare this to an African Zorro. Think about it. A man who'se civilian identity is respected but his secret life is adventerous in the name of his people. Why not make a movie out of this. I think it'll be great.

That could work, though I dont see Black Panther having the same sense of charm and humor Zorro generally has.

DIrishB said:
That could work, though I dont see Black Panther having the same sense of charm and humor Zorro generally has.
Hm. African Zorro but without the charm and humor? Isn't that Lee Falk's The Phantom? *runs away*

Djimon Hounsou (Amistad, The Island, Gladiator) should play T'Challa.

That is all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back