The Bono Hate Thread

I want a tub of "Coldplay's Modestly Inoffensive Vanilla Ice Cream".

"Coldplay's Modestly Inoffensive Vanilla Ice Cream" - brilliant.

New site name, same Bono hate! It's been awhile since this thread has seen some action, so here is my attempt to call ourchair back from his book taxing country.

Some of you may have heard of the Spider-Man musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark (and it's new villain The Swiss Miss) well guess who's writing the music?

****ing Bono.
[youtube]XHHmcq0s4zs[/youtube]

Punk rock? Rock stars write music as revenge for when they were nerds like Peter Parker? WHAT ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT BONO AND THE EDGE!? WHAT!?

Anyway, the whole mess ran out of money, and because I'm petty, I was happy. Meanwhile Bono still tried to salvage some street cred or something. Gah read that crap:
Bono said:
"Most musicals are really pants. They're really not very cool." Instead, they suggest people use a much more cool term: opera. "It touches on opera, it touches on rock'n'roll ... It is much more like opera than a straight musical."...
What the **** does "pants" mean!? Also, I'm pretty sure operas have singing the whole time, which is the exact opposite of what was said before, thus making them less cool than musicals. Well whatever, up yours Bono! The whole production is still completely brok-oh **** me.

NY Post via Topless Robot said:
Bono's too smart to put his own money in the show, but word on the street is that he's tapped into his vast network of rich friends and business associates to restart production.

What an ***.

Designers and some stagehands go back to work today.

******* IT.

Bono feeds half of Africa, so raising a few more million for "Spider-Man" shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm calling bull**** on that Africa thing. Just a hunch.

So it looks like this tidal wave of terrible is on it's way to **** us all in the eye sockets, and I'm pretty sure Bono, the Edge, and U2 are doing this just to **** with us because they are douchebags and I hate them.

Ugh. And did you know that the title - "turn off the dark" - is some kind of bull**** reference to something Bono's dad said to him as a child.

So I'm assuming that this is going to be a Spider-Man play that's actually about Bono, because comic books are retarded but Bono's life is a subject worthy of serious artistic analysis.

And have you seen that U2 commercial? That song is awful.

"Every generation has a chance to save the world!" - Bono, 89-year-old man.

Last edited:
Ugh. And did you know that the title - "turn off the dark" - is some kind of bull**** reference to something Bono's dad said to him as a child.

Son of a *****! No I didn't know that.

So I'm assuming that this is going to be a Spider-Man play that's actually about Bono, because comic books are retarded but Bono's life is a subject worthy of serious artistic analysis.

Actually it's going to be a Spider-Man play that's about Bono trying to be like Kurt Cobain and a slacker. And why not? His songs have counting in them. And he counts in Spanish.

And have you seen that U2 commercial? That song is awful.

If I have, I immediately brainwashed myself to forget it.

"Every generation has a chance to save the world!" - Bono, 89-year-old man.

So....douchy....

I just found this thread and I love it, because I hate Bono, too. And I hate U2 and their "music", which is Bono whining with some mediocre musicians playing "music". Roughly, all of U2's material since they began sounds the same. They're like the Ramones or AC/DC, only half as entertaining and over 9000 times as annoying.

Plus, Bono's version of "I Am The Walrus" from Across the Universe made me want to punch a baby. How do you take one of the Beatles' best songs and let Bono mail-in such a underwhelming, dry bastardization?

How U2 have remained relevant is a mystery. I do, however, applaud Bono on his many human-rights endeavors, besides the fact he fancies himself a messiah because of it all. What a douche.

I really liked the last U2 album.

Bono is still a huge douche though.

I saw Jay-Z and U2 the other night.

I pushed them out of the way of a truck.

Except Bono. I left him.

Latest posts

Back