The Chronicles of Narnia

TheApostle

I am really excited to see the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe when it comes out, anyone else?

TheApostle said:
I am really excited to see the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe when it comes out, anyone else?

Yes - me. The preview looked pretty good and I enjoyed the books.

ourchair said:
Peter Gallagher is going to be the voice of Aslan.

I thought it was going to be Liam Neeson? :?

Anyways, I didn't really like the trailer. I was excited before the trailer premiered, but now that it has, and I don't like it, I may not see the film in theaters. I'll wait to read the reviews. :twisted:

ultimatedjf said:
I thought it was going to be Liam Neeson? :?
At first it was going to be Brian Cox from Troy and X2: X-Men United, but he backed out.

ultimatedjf said:
Anyways, I didn't really like the trailer. I was excited before the trailer premiered, but now that it has, and I don't like it, I may not see the film in theaters. I'll wait to read the reviews. :twisted:
I'm not too hot on the trailer either. It was rather underwhelming, honestly. I'm not a fan of Narnia but I know enough to know that it deserves a trailer that tries to sell its unique points instead of making it look like "just another fantasy franchise".

I'll see this movie. I remember I read a few of the Chronicles books in elementary school (I used to finish my school work before everyone else so I'd read books while everyone else caught up...I'm not bragging or anything...ok I am). I don't remember a whole lot about them other than that it involved four children being transported to some fantasy world through a Warddrobe and a talking Lion. I also read Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Are they planning on making more of the novels in the series into movies a la Harry Potter coming to the big screen?

The Lion is played by Zion, a lion that lives in the Lion Park in Whangarei, where I live! I've been there!

ProjectX2 said:
The Lion is played by Zion, a lion that lives in the Lion Park in Whangarei, where I live! I've been there!
Wow, you know a famous lion! Your brush with FAME!!!!!! :shock: :lol: :crazy:

I thought the trailer was actualyl quite awesome.. it has the same people working creatures as the LOTR series did.. and yeah.. Walden Media the company who has the rights for this series has the rights for all the other books as well so I imagine they will do them all..

TheApostle said:
I thought the trailer was actualyl quite awesome.. it has the same people working creatures as the LOTR series did.. and yeah.. Walden Media the company who has the rights for this series has the rights for all the other books as well so I imagine they will do them all..
Well, Walden Media was also the same company whose last high-profile fantasy work was Around the World in 80 Days (starring Steve Coogan and Jackie Chan), a film that was cluttered messy in spite of its charm.

I'm worried that Chronicles of Narnia will have a similar overcooked feel to it. The trailer starts out nicely, but everything after it presents the wardrobe is kinda eh.

Am I the only one who is worried about how this movie looks, or does all a trailer have to do now is echo heart-stirring moments from OTHER films to win us over?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy freaking cow, the movie was amazingtastic.

You guys want to know why Jesus kicks ***?

ITS BECAUSE HE'S A MOTHER****ING LION!!!!!!!

HELL YEAH!

Seriously, it's a fantastic Fantasy film, and the allegory is there for you to enjoy or ignore without hindering the film.

But, damn, such a good movie.

It's a good thing that they kept the Christian allegories in. I would have feared that some anal-retentive PC-conscious suits would have watered it down.

Haven't watched the movie though, although I've heard that LOTR's still better. Hope it's a hit so we can see more of Lewis' work on film.

I am going to see it tonight!

Originally Posted by DIrishB
Are they planning on making more of the novels in the series into movies a la Harry Potter coming to the big screen?

No the series ended definitivly with The Last Battle, and I think the author is dead, though I'm not sure about that.

On the one hand it is logical that Peter would flay around clumsily with his swords and shields. He ain't trained. But for the same reason, it's not logical he didn't get killed early in the fight!

Here are three tips, kid :

What you were using is often refered to as an arming sword and it's designed to be mainly a slashing weapon. So when in guard position, keep your sword arm wound back, ready to strike. This ain't a rapier, you don't keep the tip pointed at your opponent!

Lock your damn shield under or just above your chin (more or less). It's supposed to protect you, flaying it around like that makes it just a dead weight slowing you down instead of your primary defensive tool, as it's supposed to be. Present it forward, let your opponent try to get around it. It's especially important to manage to keep your shield in front of you while swinging your sword instead of letting it fall back, particularly when facing someone using two weapons who could parry your attack and counter attack simultaneously.

If facing an opponent wielding two weapons who mysteriously favors quick attack with little weight transfer into them (like, say, the Witch) instead of heavier, more telling blows, then you should trust your armor and next time she does one of her weak cut you ignore the blow and ram the sucker with your shield.

But hey, what do you expect. Even the Lord of The ring fights weren't that solidly choregraphed so...

---

Christian imagery was a little thick but otherwise it's a harmless and even at time charming fairy tale.

But let's be clear, this ain't LOTR! Much lighter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back