The comic Survey.

1.) Who's your 3 favorite Marvel Heroes? - Professor X, Jean Grey, Rogue

2.) Who are your 3 favorite Marvel Villains? - Magneto, Juggernaut, Green Goblin

3.) Which "Mega-Event" of Marvel is your favorite? Inferno

4.) Who are your favorite two people to team up? Spider-Man and Wolverine

5.) Who are your two favorite teams to team up? X-Men and New Avengers

6.) Which character do you dislike? Cyclops, Bishop, Hawkeye, Daredevil

7.) Which team do you dislike? Fantastic Four

8.) Is there any comic character (Not writers) that you wish was real and could punch him/her in the face?
Cyclops

9.) What do you think is a great "classic fight" in comics? X-Men vs Dark Phoenix

10.) Which female character do you think is hot? Ewwww...

11.) Which Character would you like dead and to stay dead?
Daredevil or Thing

12.) Who is your favorite supporting character? MJ, Jessica Jones or J Jonah Jameson

13.) Which Marvel character do you think should be given a march larger role than they have now? Marvel Girl, Rogue, Iceman

Last edited:
1. Who are your 3 favorite Marvel Heroes? I only get three? Eek…. Um, okay. Henry McCoy (in pretty much any of his incarnations), Thor (Ultimate Universe), Doctor Strange (regular Marvel). (Also making the list: Nightcrawler (regular Marvel), Ultimate Peter Parker/Spider-man, Bishop.)

2. Who are your 3 favorite Marvel Villains? Loki in the Ultimate Universe is interesting, and I have a certain amount of sympathy for the kid who's leading the invasion in the Grand Theft America arc of The Ultimates, but I'm really not a big fan of villains in general.

3. Which "Mega-Event" of Marvel is your favorite? Marvel 1602, just because it was such an original idea and it was fun to see how the characters "translated" into the 17th century.

4. Who are your favorite two people to team up? None. At the moment, I'm operating on the IDIC concept. (And if you're not an old-school Trekkie, that probably won't make much sense to you…. :wink: ) I thought Spider-man interacting with Shang-Chi in Ultimate Marvel Team-ups was intriguing, but that seemed to be intended as a one-time thing.

5. Who are your two favorite teams to team up? None. Teams teaming up seems like an unwieldy situation. Half the teams in the Marvel U have enough trouble working together within their own ranks, never mind joining up with another group. And the issues I've seen dealing with this sort of thing always seem to involve a miscommunication/misunderstanding that results in a knock-down, drag-out fight between the two groups until finally someone figures out they're really all on the same side and should work together, yada yada yada. (Has that particular plot device been declared an official cliché yet?) Just once, couldn't one team call or e-mail another team and say, "Hey, we have this problem, can you help us out"?

6. Which character do you dislike? Emma Frost. (First runner up, Stacy X. Both of them desperately need to be nominated for TLC's What Not to Wear, not to mention enrolled in a course entitled How to Act Like a Decent Human Being.)

7. Which team do you dislike? None.

7a. Which team do you most like? The Defenders, as portrayed in the graphic novel Defenders: Indefensible; Dr. Strange teams up with Namor, the Hulk, and the Silver Surfer (sort of). Parts of it are downright hilarious, even if some of the humor is off-color. (First runner up: Ultimate Defenders. Sorry, MWoF, I just think those guys are painfully funny.)

8. Is there any comic character (Not writers) that you wish was real and could punch him/her in the face? The closest I can come to answering this is to say I'd love the opportunity to tell Ultimate Tony Stark off for being a sexist jerk, but I doubt that that would involve physical violence on my part.

9. What do you think is a great "classic fight" in comics? Well, certainly the classic struggle would be the X-Men, who, over the last forty or fifty years, have represented many aspects of the balance people strive to find between changing in order to fit in and remaining true to their own natures and beliefs. They can be seen as representing many groups and individuals throughout history in this regard….

Oh, wait, do you mean "classic fight" as in people actually physically pounding each other? Sorry, my bad. :wink:

10. Which female character do you think is hot? What is meant here by "hot"? (And why is this question limited to female characters, anyway? Male and androgynous characters can't be "hot"?) If you're asking what female characters I like and would want to sit down and talk to, I would say Sage, Moira McTaggart, and Annie Ghazikanian because they're all intelligent, independent and interesting. If you're asking what female characters I find physically attractive, the answer is none, because I don't swing that way.

11. Which Character would you like to die and to stay dead? None, really, but I can list several that I wish would take extended vacations because they're severely overused… Wolverine, Magneto, Rogue, Gambit, and any male villain whose sole interest in Storm is to make her his wife/queen/consort. (Another plot device that needs to be declared an official cliché.)

12. Who is your favorite supporting character? I'm sorry, I really can't pick just one here. All from the Ultimate Universe: Sam Wilson, Ben Urich (indeed, all of the named news staff members at the Bugle), Aunt May, Professor Storm.

13. Which Marvel character do you think should be given a much larger role than they have now? Again, can't pick just one, but can narrow it down to two, both in the Ultimate Universe: Sam Wilson and Ben Urich. Wilson's just a great character with a lot of potential, and Urich, as a journalist, has the perfect excuse to get involved in pretty much any situation in the Ultimate Universe.

Last edited:
1. Who are your 3 favorite Marvel Heroes?
This of course all depends on who is writing, but in general:
Henry McCoy/Beast
Henry Pym/Ant-man, Giant-man
Ben Grimm/Thing

I like these characters not so much because of their performance in any particular story, but more for the general idea behind them and the potential of that idea. Grimm is really a heartbreaking character. Just imagine being in his shoes for one day. He often faces similar persecution as mutants, but standing side by side with teamates who are adored. Beast is pretty much the ideal man; intelligent, charming, sophisticated, hilarious, but near frightful in appearance. Although I think he looks brilliant. And Pym is such a complex character. His psychology is so fragile, and he's still plagued by guilt for not only abusing his wife but for creating an almost unstoppable evil (Ultron).

Runners up would include Morph (Exiles), Nightcrawler, Deadpool, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Quicksilver, Colossus, Sue Storm, Nick Fury, Ironman, Thor, Multiple Man, Hyperion (Supreme Power), Doctor Strange.

2. Who are your 3 favorite Marvel Villains?
Again, in terms of the idea and theory of the characters:
Erik Lensherr/Magneto
Cain Marko/Juggernaut
Victor von Doom/Doctor Doom

When Magneto is written well, he's a man with the best intentions at heart, but the wrong method. And that's what attracts me to his character, when boiled down, Mags can easily be seen as a misunderstood hero. Doom is the most realistic portrayal of evil I've read; because you can see where the evil comes from. Arrogance, vanity, jealousy. And the Juggernaut. Not every character has to be a literary achievement, some of them can just be eye candy and plain fun. The very concept behind Juggernaut is absolutely frightening; an unstoppable foe? When written well, he can really be an exceptional foe.

Runners up would include Kang, Loki (original MU) and Ultron.

3. Which "Mega-Event" of Marvel is your favorite?
Not just because it was fun to see favourite characters in completely different environments (which was fun, all said), but it was a mega-event crossover that had principles. No characters were thrown in there simply to appeal to the masses, everyone had a reason; everyone felt right. Plus, it looked and read beautifully.

4. Who are your favorite two people to team up?
Either two characters who compliment eachother perfectly (I remember a Spidey and Beast teamup from years back), or two characters who don't (something like Ironman and Doc Strange). It all depends on what you're looking for, fun or tension, respectively.

5. Who are your two favorite teams to team up?
I don't like team crossovers usually, but I'd have to go with the FF and the Avengers probably. They always fit together, because they usually deal with the same scenarios.

6. Which character do you dislike?
Storm.
Just irritates me. Although that's probably a certain actresses fault.

Runners up would be Gambit, Rogue, Human Torch, Spiderman, Hulk and Green Goblin.

7. Which team do you dislike? Any X spinoff that focuses on teens.

7a. Which team do you most like?
Avengers out of the big name originals,
Runaways out of the newbies.

Avengers is a good one, because it's not always a balanced team, and theres always a diverse range of powers and origins to bounce off eachother. Runaways are great mostly because of the idea behind them, and the way in which the creative team portrays them.

8. Is there any comic character (Not writers) that you wish was real and could punch him/her in the face?
Chamber.
Although I'd probably lose my hand.

9. What do you think is a great "classic fight" in comics?
Mutantkind versus humankind. Other than that, I'd say inter-team bickerings are usually entertaining to behold. If I had to pick any, it'd probably be either Thing vs Hulk, (I remember an arm wrestle in some bar full of supervillains trying to distract the two heroes) or Thor vs Hercules (I remember another arm wrestle on top of a mountain that lasted days and resulted in the mountain shattering from the strain)

10. Which female character do you think is attractive?
Kitty Pryde.
Because of the smarts, the goofiness, and the strength of character.

11. Which Character would you like to die and to stay dead?
Batman.
It doesn't say 'Which Marvel Character'.

12. Who is your favorite supporting character?
Lockheed.
He's so cute.

13. Which Marvel character do you think should be given a much larger role than they have now?
Colossus.
I imagine Whedon has plans, but it's weird how he's been resurrected seemingly only to give Kitty some peace of mind.

1.) Who's your 3 favorite Marvel Heroes?

3favMarvelheroes.jpg

2.) Who is your 3 favorite Marvel Villains?

3favMarvelvillains.jpg

That refers to the McKellan's version of Magneto, and Norman of course.

3.) Which "Mega-Event" of Marvel is your favorite?

Eh, I dunno. AoA was pretty good.

4.) Who are your favorite two people to team up?

Spidey and Wolverine.

5.) Who are your two favorite teams to team up?

X-Men and Avengers I guess.

6.) Which character do you dislike?

I'm not crazy about Storm or Rogue, but I've got nothing against them really. And I'm fine with their movie counterparts.

7.) Which team do you dislike?

None.

8.) Is there any comic character (Not writers) that you wish was real and could punch him/her in the face?

Apocalypse. How satisfying would that be.:twisted:

9.) What do you think is a great "classic fight" in comics?

Spidey vs Doc Ock, followed by Hulk vs Juggernaut.

10.) Which female character do you think is hot?

Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Mystique, Rogue, Shadowcat, Invisible Woman, Black Cat, Mary-Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, the list goes on.

Latest posts

Back