The Dark Tower

I'm approaching the end of Wizard & Glass myself...

They just destroyed the tankers and the Three are riding towards the Thinny

I'm approaching the end of Wizard & Glass myself...

They just destroyed the tankers and the Three are riding towards the Thinny

You will not trick me into reading that, you sorcerer.

****, it showed up in the quote. Damn you and your sorcery!

Just finished The Gunslinger. Didn't understand the ending at all.

I'll move onto the second book after Harry Potter 7.

Yeah, I am also unsure as to what Mr. Project fails to understand...

I am just short of Halfway through The Dark Tower (as in the seventh and last book, not the series as a whole).

The only thing that bothered me so far
was the quick death of Walter/Randall Flagg early in the book... Its only triples my desire to Read The Stand, where I assume Mr. Flagg is more of a presence
. Otherwise the series is fantastic. Might be some of my favorite books ever.

Last edited:
Randall Flagg is a king villian. I know he was in another book along with Stand and Gunslinger.
He dies in Stand too, so I have the feeling he's unstoppable.

I'm still on Book 5 "Wolves of the Calla". Its my least favorite of the series so far.

I've also enjoyed the "Wizard & Glass" flashback adaptation into comics "The Gunslinger Born" (Lee's art was the perfect choice to bring this series into the coics realm) and the current "The Long Road Home" (the first original DT story in a long time, and not written by King).

However, I still think Stephen King is far and away one of the most over-rated writers in history.

Wolves of the Calla started out sucky and grew on me a lot... But that could just be me.

I want to read the Dark Tower books, but my obsessiveness would require me to read all the other books that tie into the DT series, which, I think, is over twenty.

One day, maybe.

I 2005 I started all of the tie-in books.

Last year I finished them. For the most part, I think it was worth it.

I am currently working through the series and am about 1/3rd of the way through Wizard and Glass. I found The Wasteland a little dragging at times, but overall, I love this series.

This series is wonderful. It's blatantly epic. The story practically screams at you, punches you in the face, wanting you to understand how mind-blowingly epic it is.

I think it's fantastic that he incorporates so much of his other work into the story. If you guys have read this series but haven't read The Talisman and Black House, do so. The main character crisscrosses between our world and Roland's. They're great by themselves as well.

I myself just finished Wolves and I am in love with The Dark Tower. Father Callahan is a great character.

I would much rather see this as a maxi-series television show. Something along the lines of 20 or so episodes. And after seeing The Mist I'd cast Thomas Jane as Roland.

it picks up pace as Father Callahan becomes more of a central character, methinks

Yeah, that and the preparations for the Wolves has gotten the story more interesting.

I myself just finished Wolves and I am in love with The Dark Tower. Father Callahan is a great character.

I would much rather see this as a maxi-series television show. Something along the lines of 20 or so episodes. And after seeing The Mist I'd cast Thomas Jane as Roland.

I agree about the maxi-series idea. However, I don't know if I agree about Thomas Jane as Roland. I can see it, but for some reason I think there's a much better choice that I just can't think of. Kind of annoying, actually. This is gonna bug me all day...

I just finished Wolves of Calla.

There's a couple things I realized about King. Well, one thing. He needs an editor that will tell him like it is. His books are too long.

That's not to say I didn't like it, though. It was a strong book because it was, of the Dark Tower series (save the Gunslinger), it was the most self-contained. This was the book that Steven King wrote while he recovered from his van accident, too... So there's undeniable references to that and what he experienced. The whole "19" and "99" bit.

The one thing that I actually didn't like about the book were the references it made... To even Steven King himself. The Dark Tower actually alludes to Harry Potter? No good.

Latest posts

Back