The Dark Tower

Anyone read "The Little Sisters of Elluria" short story? It was contained in the Legend Anthologies (there were two, not sure which volume its in). Its set after the early years of Roland's life now being told in the comics "The Gunslinger Born" and "The Long Road Home" (and the five other series following) and before the first book, The Gunslinger.

I'm still finishing up Wolves of the Calla, but was going to read that next. Anyone read it? Any good?

I'm a little further into the Song of Susannah. It's definitely more bizarre than I thought, but it's addicting somehow. I like that it's taking place in the real world more, though.

Anyone read "The Little Sisters of Elluria" short story? It was contained in the Legend Anthologies (there were two, not sure which volume its in). Its set after the early years of Roland's life now being told in the comics "The Gunslinger Born" and "The Long Road Home" (and the five other series following) and before the first book, The Gunslinger.

I'm still finishing up Wolves of the Calla, but was going to read that next. Anyone read it? Any good?

It's a good story. If you want to find it, it's also contained in the Everything's Eventual collection (also: the title story is VERY, VERY important to the last book of The Dark Tower).

Last edited:
i have it, haven't read it yet.

Well, I'll read it soon. I'll let you know how it is.

It's a good story. If you want to find it, it's also contained in the Everything's Eventual collection (also: the title story is VERY, VERY important to the last book of The Dark Tower).

Is the "Everthing's Eventual" book just a collection of King's short stories? If so, I'll pick that up instead of the Legends book.

Last edited:
"Everything's Eventual" is pretty good.

Last edited:
Well, I'll read it soon. I'll let you know how it is.

Is the "Everthing's Eventual" book just a collection of King's short stories? If so, I'll pick that up instead of the Legends book.

Yes.

It also included '1408'. I can't remember much from it beyond Little Sisters, Everything's Eventual, an 1408, but those are worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
Everything's Eventual is, in my opinion, King's BEST short story collection.

I'm gonna second the high reccomendation.

Yes.

It also included '1408'. I can't remember much from it beyond Little Sisters, Everything's Eventual, an 1408, but those are worth the price of admission.

Everything's Eventual is, in my opinion, King's BEST short story collection.

I'm gonna second the high reccomendation.

Cool, I'll surely pick that up (or more appropriately, order it from Amazon). I also have to pick up Songs of Susannah and The Dark Tower (the last book).

Only have another 30 pages or so in Wolves of the Calla (probably finish it tonight). The action sequences are a nice pay-off from the somewhat slow pace of the rest of the novel.

I'm not finding Wolves slow-paced at all. So far, it's been the biggest page-turner for me.

I guess I'm not real far into it:
(Roland just told Eddie about Mia)
, but I've really enjoyed it!

I think Wizard and Glass would have been more interesting to me if I hadn't already read the comic series.

So I just finished Wolves of the Calla yesterday.

Doombots with lightsabers and lethal Snitches FTW!
Favorite!

I am not too excited about where I see Song of Susannah going based on the end of Wolves, and Susannah as a character(s).

But like any good people of the Line of Eld, I will overcome the obstacle in my path in order to make it to The Dark Tower.

So I just finished Wolves of the Calla yesterday.

Doombots with lightsabers and lethal Snitches FTW!
Favorite!

I am not too excited about where I see Song of Susannah going based on the end of Wolves, and Susannah as a character(s).

But like any good people of the Line of Eld, I will overcome the obstacle in my path in order to make it to The Dark Tower.

I finished it a couple of weeks ago myself. I'm finishing a few other books before I move onto Song of Susannah. I'd like to read the Little Sisters of Elluria short story first, too.

I'm getting into the final book, the Dark Tower. From the get go you can tell the stakes. Really good stuff here. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

It's a shame Callahan had to go so quickly, though. He was a cool character

I just started the final book last week. It has been going really well: It's really dang fast-paced.

I had a moment last night when I went, Oh crap! I didn't expect THAT character to be in the books any more!

Latest posts

Back