The Dropping Thread

Basically? Every single spider-man title. I just can't bring myself to care anymore. All of them suck. Every last one.

Except for Spider-man loves Mary Jane.

You'd probably like Invincible. It's probably one of my favourite titles out there, and it doesn't really cross-over with anyother comic series (bar a few mini's which aren't required reading). It's a quite original idea and reads well as a series rather than just in trades. Next issue #41 is supposed to be a good jump on point as it includes a synopsis up to that point. It's my favourite straight comic books at the minute.

You'd probably like Invincible. It's probably one of my favourite titles out there, and it doesn't really cross-over with anyother comic series (bar a few mini's which aren't required reading). It's a quite original idea and reads well as a series rather than just in trades. Next issue #41 is supposed to be a good jump on point as it includes a synopsis up to that point. It's my favourite straight comic books at the minute.

You know theres going to be a Wolfman crossover within a year. Kirkmans too old school not to do it.

Ok....I wanna catch up to Invincible....but don't wanna spend the ****load of money to do so. So if anyone has the trades and is willing to let me borrow them......I take excellent care of my stuff and anyone whose bought TPBs from me knows that they get their stuff in excellent conditon.

I'll even pay for shipping.

I've already read the first 2 HC collections. I'd just like to get caught up with the rest and the bookshops here don't keep Invincible trades. Only the LCS.....and you can't just go in and read.

I don't expect anyone to lend me their books. But I'm just saying is all.

Recently dropped;

Cable and Deadpool.
I only read it for Deadpool anyway, and I realised that the only person who's going to come close to beating Gail Simones excellent run is Gail Simone. So.... just not funny enough for me.

Exiles.
It's been mediocre but acceptable for the last 40 issues, but Claremont just knocked it into vomit inducing territory. I realised I was only collecting because I was waiting for the day when it would go back to the atmosphere of the early issues, but that probably isn't going to come. Shame, as it's still one of the most potentially excellent comics out there...

Ultimate Spiderman.
Yeah. I can't be bothered paying to read what is basically Bendis' wet dreams in paper format.

New Avengers.
Likewise.

Tough to say because recently I dropped EVERYTHING except for Planetary, Fell, Nightly News, and All-Star Superman and switched to trades. I usually keep up on things as the issues come out then buy trades as they are released, but I'm behind on Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate Fantastic Four, so I suppose I have sort of dropped those. I'll pick up what I need form the TPB bargin bins at the next Motor City Con.

Still, though, I figure since I've dropped monthlies and switched to TPBs I'm actually reading more than when I was buying issues.

Nightly News is only 6 issues. And when was the last time Fell even came out? AS Superman----that only comes out every 3 months.

In other words....E don't get ****.

Nightly News is only 6 issues. And when was the last time Fell even came out? AS Superman----that only comes out every 3 months.

In other words....E don't get ****.

You're right. At least as far as monthlies go.

But I'm running out of room for my TPBs and HCs. Especially with all the Omnibuses coming out this summer.

Great thread!

Every comic I've dropped ever. Only two; not bad. Not including series that I picked up a few issues of because of crossover arcs.

New Excalibur - The only reason I picked this up was for Juggernaut and female Captain Britian. But not even they can save this book from Claremont's horrible modern-day writing style. Dropped after the fifth issue.

Wolverine: Origins - So bad. Sooooo bad. The writing was boring, the art was completely inappropriate for the book... blargh. I couldn't even continue reading to see if Jubilee was going to live or not. Of course, right after I drop this book, Wolverine's other ongoing starts to suck too. Thanks, Loeb.

Ok....I wanna catch up to Invincible....but don't wanna spend the ****load of money to do so. So if anyone has the trades and is willing to let me borrow them......I take excellent care of my stuff and anyone whose bought TPBs from me knows that they get their stuff in excellent conditon.

I'll even pay for shipping.

I would but you've ready exactly what I have. I just jumped on with a random issue. 37 I think...

And when was the last time Fell even came out?

Last month? With another solicited for July.

The most recent thing I dropped was Invincible Iron Man. My opinion of Daniel Knauf AND Carnivale is a lot lower now.

I think what's even more horrifying is that I still think the past two issues of Ultimates 2 are dumber than "Execute Program" and I've been waiting months just to end the misery.

Last edited:
I don't know how I feel about Ultimates 2 anymore. At first I didn't really like the arc but wanted to read the final issue, then, after awhile, I stopped caring. Soon enough, I got very angry and wrote some very nasty letters to Marvel. After this, came a depression, where I realised that the book would never live up to expectations and that I was just kidding myself.

I don't know how I feel about Ultimates 2 anymore. At first I didn't really like the arc but wanted to read the final issue, then, after awhile, I stopped caring. Soon enough, I got very angry and wrote some very nasty letters to Marvel. After this, came a depression, where I realised that the book would never live up to expectations and that I was just kidding myself.
As much as I pick on Ultimates 2, I don't think it's necessarily a disappointment. It's nothing that makes it so much less than any of Millar's other works, and therefore does not justify a delay.

As much as I pick on Ultimates 2, I don't think it's necessarily a disappointment. It's nothing that makes it so much less than any of Millar's other works, and therefore does not justify a delay.

I don't know what you mean. A 15 year delay such as this is definetly very disappointing. As is the Current Ultimates 2 arc, as we all know Millar can do better.

I don't know what you mean. A 15 year delay such as this is definetly very disappointing. As is the Current Ultimates 2 arc, as we all know Millar can do better.
What I'm saying is that I hate delays. The fact that the book isn't very good doesn't make those delays justifiable... even if when fairly evaluated this book is no better or worse than anything he's ever done. It's just easier to hate because it's late. It's a circle.

Wolverine Origins : Its just bored me.
Wolverine : Likewise
Gonna hold out until the first arcs are done on Omega Flight and The Initiatve to see if I am keeping them.

Latest posts

Back