The Dropping Thread

I'm also getting close to dropping Ghost Rider, but i want to see what happens with the Hulk coming up.

Seems like there's a consensus about this Daniel Way guy.

Wolverine Origins : Its just bored me.
Wolverine : Likewise
Gonna hold out until the first arcs are done on Omega Flight and The Initiatve to see if I am keeping them.

Omega Flight is only a mini, the scaled it back at the last minute. Which is a shame because I'd be fine with the fairly slow burn if it was an ongoing but for 5 issues and two of them to not have Beta Ray Bill at all? I'm unhappy.

I dropped X-Men. It was boring and I didn't care anymore. Plus, Carey didn't add Howard the Duck like I told him to.

After seeing the cover of issue 14, I'm feeling I'll be dropping Green Lantern Corps. I'm only getting the book for Natu.

After seeing the cover of issue 14, I'm feeling I'll be dropping Green Lantern Corps. I'm only getting the book for Natu.

I dropped it with issue 4. I had no idea who any of the characters were and they're names were distinct enough for me to remember them.

Or maybe I just wanted another version of Legion of Super-Heroes.

I dropped it with issue 4. I had no idea who any of the characters were and they're names were distinct enough for me to remember them.

Or maybe I just wanted another version of Legion of Super-Heroes.

That's actually why I loved the book, aside from Killowagg and Guy, they were all fresh faces.

Btw...Natu is the Korugar Lantern, and issue 14's cover has her being ripped apart by Sinestro.

After these past 2 weeks putting a hurtin' on my wallet...I've been thinking more and more about dropping a bunch of books from my pull list. The majority of them being DC titles.

It hurts to say it----but they just aren't that good. I'm not caring about those books like I am, say...newuniversal or Daredevil.

I'm thinking about dropping both JLA and JSA after "The Lightning Saga". And---as great as Checkmate is....I'm thinking about dropping it as well. There's just not enough going on with these titles for me to care about what happens next or 6 months down the line.

The same goes for both Superman and Action Comics. I'm pissed that Donner/Johns' AC got cut to an annual...and all the filler arcs they're doing until then just don't measure up. They're not bad----but they're not anything to write home about. Supergirl is kinda lagging as well.

I stopped reading Dini's Detective Comics because they're just one-shots and since they weren't tied to anything, I didn't see the harm in letting it go to save a few bucks. But Morrison's Batman run is less than stellar. IMO anyways. So I think I might drop it by summer's end.

I'm also getting bored with WW. Amazon's Attack is ok....but it only affects like 3 books. 2 of which I'm not even reading.

The only other DC books I'm getting are AS Superman and Batman, Green Arrow (but that's ending in like another issue or 2) and Robin.

I just caught up with Countdown....but if I'm not really interested in any of the DC titles....why should I bother getting that every week?

Am I the only one who feels like this towards DC? It's not that I'm a Marvel fanboy....it's just that DC isn't really turning out any compelling stories.

Am I the only one who feels like this towards DC? It's not that I'm a Marvel fanboy....it's just that DC isn't really turning out any compelling stories.

I have almost zero interest in mainstream DC titles, save Detective and Morrison's Batman. In fact, those are the only two I read.

After these past 2 weeks putting a hurtin' on my wallet...I've been thinking more and more about dropping a bunch of books from my pull list. The majority of them being DC titles.

It hurts to say it----but they just aren't that good. I'm not caring about those books like I am, say...newuniversal or Daredevil.

I'm thinking about dropping both JLA and JSA after "The Lightning Saga". And---as great as Checkmate is....I'm thinking about dropping it as well. There's just not enough going on with these titles for me to care about what happens next or 6 months down the line.

The same goes for both Superman and Action Comics. I'm pissed that Donner/Johns' AC got cut to an annual...and all the filler arcs they're doing until then just don't measure up. They're not bad----but they're not anything to write home about. Supergirl is kinda lagging as well.

I stopped reading Dini's Detective Comics because they're just one-shots and since they weren't tied to anything, I didn't see the harm in letting it go to save a few bucks. But Morrison's Batman run is less than stellar. IMO anyways. So I think I might drop it by summer's end.

I'm also getting bored with WW. Amazon's Attack is ok....but it only affects like 3 books. 2 of which I'm not even reading.

The only other DC books I'm getting are AS Superman and Batman, Green Arrow (but that's ending in like another issue or 2) and Robin.

I just caught up with Countdown....but if I'm not really interested in any of the DC titles....why should I bother getting that every week?

I can understand you, but I'm actually the oposite. I just stabbed my wallet buying a bunch of DC's TPBs. I just have 3 Marvel Hardcovers (all of them are from the UU). After the Civil War, I just couldn't care less. The only comics I still read are X-Factor, Daredevil and Captain America (thinking about droping it too). I like stories that feature the government as The Man, but I don't like it in every book I read.
DC is doing almost the same thing, but with Time Travel and the Multiverse. The theme IMO is awesome, but I can see people not enjoying it.

I'm def gonna stick with JLA until Meltzer leaves...then it depends who takes over, I'll probably still read JSA too. The lightning Saga is my favourite current arc...I don't read checkmate
There were 3 action comics that started off the last son of krypton arc...that just seems to be hanging horribly open ended, I don't know why they haven't come back to it yet. I don't read supergirl, it doesn't sound great.

I'm gonna read batman and AS superman...maybe wait til beechams(?) finished his run on robin before i read that. Everyone thinks it's the best OYL title.
give it time
Lightning Saga!!!

I kinda feel the same about DC. I'm a huge DC fanboy, but most of their books (and after OYL I read them all for at least six months) I really have no overriding desire to read. I'll be getting Legion, JSA, Flash and Green Lantern, I think, and that's it. And Green Lantern's on the block. I'll be getting Countdown though, because even if it's not very good (and I liked the first two more than the rest of you I think), it'll at least give me an over all view of the DCU that I'd be missing by dropping all the titles I have.

One more thing... You are dropping Checkmate? You should wait until this arch is over, I mean it's the Great Ten!

Well....it's official. I've dropped almost all of my DC books. I just can't bring myself to care anymore.

The only ones I'm gonna follow is Robin, Checkmate and AS Superman and Batman.

The rest can get bent.

war journal is gonna get dropped so ****ing fast!
im also going to drop the **** out of astonishing x men. its astonishingly boring the **** out of me.

Last edited:
im also going to drop the **** out of astonishing x men. its astonishingly boring the **** out of me.

That's just crazy talk! Astonishing is the best X book out there.

Plus....with Whedon---it's never been about the adventure.....it's about the characters themselves.

I thought Whedon was all about killing characters as soon as they become popular.
No, Whedon is all about killing characters once they run out of problems.

"Oh my God, I think I've decided I really DO love you. Ack, I'm dead."

"I think I'll stop my self-destructive behavior and resolve my issues and then die."

"I have finally come to terms with my dark past! And now I shall die!"

with university approaching its time to drop some more titles.
titles up for consideration are:

Avengers: the initiative: i love war machine but this ****ing blows
Uncanny X-men: the rise and fall of the shi`a......yawn!
Nova: i loved annihilation so i was really hyped for this but now yawn!~

Latest posts

Back