The DVD purchase thread

I just picked up Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Something Something Something Darkside, and

(and I'm really excited about this one)

Ernest Goes to Jail, Ernest Scared Stupid, Ernest Goes to Camp 3 Pack!
w00t.

Blu-ray: Blade Runner, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Exorcist, Heat, The Social Network

DVD: Spaced

The Three Musketeers (staring Charlie Sheen, Kiefer Sutherland, Oliver Platt, Chris O'Donnell, and Tim Curry as Cardinal Richelieu)
The complete Justice League/JLU DVD box set!

Went to borders today as all their DVD/Blu-Rays were at 70%! So I bought myself

• Castle Season 1
  • Castle Season 2
  • Cougar Town Season 1
  • Robot Chicken Season 1
  • Venture Bros. Season 2
  • The Surrogates Blu Ray
  • The A-Team Blu Ray

And for my brother I got him The Expendables.

I got the latest Harry Potter movie combo pack (dvd, Blu-ray, digital copy). And that was cause I went to Target, they were out of the dvds. But the guy's computer said it was still fully stocked. So they gave me the combo pack for the dvd price, score.

not posted on here for awhile. The last 2 weeks I bought House seasons 3+4. So far i'm near the end of 3. I plan to buy 5 on thursday. I love this series but I watch it via dvd so i'm seasons behind but hadn't bought any for about a year or two.

Got Emerald Knights on tuesday, really enjoyed it. Waiting impatiently for my Revolutionary Girl Utena remaster set 1 to ship. I should have it the day after tomorrow, in a sad bit of coincidence, the main character's japanese voice actress, Tomoko Kawakami lost her battle with ovarian cancer this past Thursday.

Jaggyd said:
Got Emerald Knights on tuesday, really enjoyed it. Waiting impatiently for my Revolutionary Girl Utena remaster set 1 to ship. I should have it the day after tomorrow, in a sad bit of coincidence, the main character's japanese voice actress, Tomoko Kawakami lost her battle with ovarian cancer this past Thursday.

Emerald knights was good better than first flight. Gotta love the timmverse.

Blockbuster is either going out of business slowly up here in Canada or just hugely downsizing to avoid going completely under, but either way, they're having massive sales.

Today I bought the following DVDs for $33:
Top Gun
T2
The Social Network
RED
The Blindside

Blockbuster is either going out of business slowly up here in Canada or just hugely downsizing to avoid going completely under, but either way, they're having massive sales.

Today I bought the following DVDs for $33:
Top Gun
T2
The Social Network
RED
The Blindside

Same here, I've gotten a TRUCKLOAD of DVDs, Blu-Rays and games over the past couple weeks. Most stores are at 70% off by now. Today alone I got the blu-rays of Beowulf, Scott Pilgrim, The Fifth Element, Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus(brand new!) and Superman Returns plus the DVD of The Outsiders and the Thor, Watchmen and Dante's Inferno X360 games for a grand total of $20.

Sadly, the closures also mean that I'm(mostly) out of a job, but we all knew it was going to come eventually and have just been enjoying it immensely while it lasted. I like envisioning telling my future kids and grandkids about working in an actual video store.

Same here, I've gotten a TRUCKLOAD of DVDs, Blu-Rays and games over the past couple weeks. Most stores are at 70% off by now. Today alone I got the blu-rays of Beowulf, Scott Pilgrim, The Fifth Element, Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus(brand new!) and Superman Returns plus the DVD of The Outsiders and the Thor, Watchmen and Dante's Inferno X360 games for a grand total of $20.

Sadly, the closures also mean that I'm(mostly) out of a job, but we all knew it was going to come eventually and have just been enjoying it immensely while it lasted. I like envisioning telling my future kids and grandkids about working in an actual video store.

Is that the animated Beowulf with cgi-Jolie butt? That movie never struck me as a must-see.

Latest posts

Back