The End of the Ultimate Universe

"Ultimate The End" is the absolute, hands-down worst title I've ever heard.

And drawn by Mark Bagley; :sick:

Look at the time it's being released.

It's the same time as all these other teasers.

I think this belongs in the other thread with those. It's part of Secret Wars I bet.

Have you read that mini? It's mind blowing.

Really hope this is the end. At the very least the end except for Miles Morales - USM, which has been pretty decent overall. Please, let this be the end.

I'm with you, DIB. Ultimate Marvel is what got me back into comics but for the last seven years, only USM (both Peter and Miles series) have been consistently entertaining. Everything else has been meh to downright atrocious. I would rather see just a Miles Morales series by itself then the other series written by mundane writers and horrible artists.

Also, I noticed that Moon Knight was in that cover. Haven't seen him in the UU for a long time.

I'm with you, DIB. Ultimate Marvel is what got me back into comics but for the last seven years, only USM (both Peter and Miles series) have been consistently entertaining. Everything else has been meh to downright atrocious. I would rather see just a Miles Morales series by itself then the other series written by mundane writers and horrible artists. Also, I noticed that Moon Knight was in that cover. Haven't seen him in the UU for a long time.

Yup.

I loved the inherent idea behind the Ultimate universe. It was excellent, fun, quality-written (in the early years), and just an all around great idea. But as you said, over the past 6-7 years, quality-wise its been extremely hit or miss, and even those "hits" were few and far between and nowhere near the early days of USM, Ultimates, etc.

They've been relying on these "events" since Ultimatum, and I'm just over it.

I completely agree. Just stick with Ultimate Spider-Man. Or, just end the universe entirely and bring Miles to the 616 universe. He's a great character and Bendis has been doing a reliably entertaining job with him and his title. The same can't be said for All-New Ultimates. What an atrocious piece of crap that book is. Even Ultimate FF, which was pretty lackluster, was MUCH better than ANU. Seriously, that book is horrible in every respect. So glad it's ending with #12.

Totally. Ice, I don't know if you've read it yet but you should.
I've read it. But I don't believe you've read it. You should really read it for totally realsies.

Fun fact: This is an homage to Amazing Spider-Man #100.

I'm with you, DIB. Ultimate Marvel is what got me back into comics but for the last seven years, only USM (both Peter and Miles series) have been consistently entertaining. Everything else has been meh to downright atrocious. I would rather see just a Miles Morales series by itself then the other series written by mundane writers and horrible artists.

Also, I noticed that Moon Knight was in that cover. Haven't seen him in the UU for a long time.

Since everyone knows if you don't enjoy something it shouldn't exist. Screw the other people who like it amirite?

Since everyone knows if you don't enjoy something it shouldn't exist. Screw the other people who like it amirite?

Don't take it personally.

There seems to be a lot of agreement that the line as a whole is creatively bankrupt, even though there are (probably) plenty of people who like it as a whole or at least aspects of it.

And you can't deny that the sales of the books and the attention given to the line by Marvel is at the very least indicative of the perceived lack of quality.

Don't take it personally.

There seems to be a lot of agreement that the line as a whole is creatively bankrupt, even though there are (probably) plenty of people who like it as a whole or at least aspects of it.

And you can't deny that the sales of the books and the attention given to the line by Marvel is at the very least indicative of the perceived lack of quality.

I'm not denying that (although I'd say USM is still one of Marvel's flagship books despite sales), I just don't get that mindset. I think it's incredibly selfish. If you don't like something just ignore it.

E burns a Bagley-drawn comic per week in an old oil bin in his backyard, reciting incantations to draw on their collective demonic energy. How else do you think he keeps this site going?

A more wretched hive of scum and villainy, I've never seen.

Don't forget every copy of Ultimate Iron Man Vol. 1&2 he can get his hands on...

Hey, I love USM, I truly do. My only gripe with it is doesn't seem to be published fast enough. It's just tiring seeing everything else in this line being meh or worse followed by an event that starts the whole cycle again USM still being best. If they cancel the universe I'll be okay with it. If it turns out to be another restart then whatever; I'll still have USM to content.

Hey, I'm glad you can enjoy what is and has been published the UU. I'm not here to alter anyone's taste in anything. Just throwing in my opinion, like everyone else. No need to get hurt over other's opinions if they are not to your liking.

Hey, I love USM, I truly do. My only gripe with it is doesn't seem to be published fast enough. It's just tiring seeing everything else in this line being meh or worse followed by an event that starts the whole cycle again USM still being best. If they cancel the universe I'll be okay with it. If it turns out to be another restart then whatever; I'll still have USM to content.

Hey, I'm glad you can enjoy what is and has been published the UU. I'm not here to alter anyone's taste in anything. Just throwing in my opinion, like everyone else. No need to get hurt over other's opinions if they are not to your liking.

I'm not hurt or anything, I just don't get why it needs to go away. Just stop reading it. It'll leave your life that way and then everyone else can enjoy it still.

I'm not denying that (although I'd say USM is still one of Marvel's flagship books despite sales), I just don't get that mindset. I think it's incredibly selfish. If you don't like something just ignore it.

I think the idea is that if they get rid of things they obviously don't care about and not many people are buying they can devote more resources to either make good books or improve existing ones.

I think I said this when cataclysm cam around and they used that as as restart number 3. The ultimate universe got me into comics. It felt fresh, more adult, and I lived some of the twists on characters. Wolverine actually leaves cyclops to die so he can do jean!!! Mary Jane knows within 5 minutes that Pete is spidey!!!

The problem is that with the relaunches every time I'm like "oh this is an interesting new direction, I'm enjoying this" there's another big event.

I'm really hoping that by announcing this as they end they can put some effort into a really fantastic send off to the universe. I'd love to see miles survive in some other form too! Just give me something intelligent and meaningful and not rushed and I'm happy!

Latest posts

Back