The End of the Ultimate Universe?

I don't hate Bendis. Honestly, he's written more great stories than most ever will. However, I think he needs to write LESS because he's running out of ideas. He also needs to be pulled out of the UU and put back into the world of indie comics, where he belongs.
He is writing less. Just 3 titles. Loeb's taken over writing 1,000 books a month now.

He is writing less. Just 3 titles. Loeb's taken over writing 1,000 books a month now.

What books does Loeb write?

And... Bendis is writing... let's see, USM, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers... huh. I keep thinking it's more than that because I forgot the Confession and the Initiative were one-shots and he's done with UP. Also, MA is bad enough for three titles. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE ****ING FLAGSHIP OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE! YOU'RE NOT WRITING A ****ING JOKE TITLE!

I think the Ultimate universe needs to decide whether it has continuity or not. If it doesn't, that's okay, but if it does, it needs to get back on track and quit with the over-the-top technology and creepy Illuminati-like technocratic government in Ultimates--I'm sorry, that was wrong. It needs to show the effects of the over-the-top technology and creepy Illuminati-like technocratic government in USM.

I think the Ultimate universe needs to decide whether it has continuity or not. If it doesn't, that's okay, but if it does, it needs to get back on track and quit with the over-the-top technology and creepy Illuminati-like technocratic government in Ultimates--I'm sorry, that was wrong. It needs to show the effects of the over-the-top technology and creepy Illuminati-like technocratic government in USM.

They might as well keep the continuty its just how hard is it to keep 4 main titles and a few minis from conflicting? The UU is not beyond saving all you need to do is get better writing in USM (I say kick Bendis out), and have future writers know the style of the UU and to stick with it. UXM and UFF has their ups and downs but their downs are not so bad. The only real problem with the UU is USM and UP, everything else seems to be more opinion on stories than Marvel producing crap. The UU writers just need to work more closely together and have a competent leader

I like the Ultimate universe more than the 616 universe. Don't get me wrong, I love the 616 universe, but the Ultimate universe is alot more appealing to me... it's so different and refreshing; I really feel like I'm being introduced to all of the characters for the first time. And while people say "who are they going to ultimize next?" I say "who are they going to create next?"

So I want the Ultimate universe to continue on until it's as old and dusty as they 616 universe.

Last edited:
I say a Meteor should strike the Earth, and cause a massive Ice Age.

Then, the Marvel Universe should start there.

will it have a squirl type thing called Scrat that's always trying to get a nut but with hilarious consequences?

if not then it is not an ice age

This is kind of weird, but I actually love complicated, convoluted continuity. I love mountains of old characters and complicated family trees like the Pyms and the Summers. As long as everyone agrees on what happened and when, I actually enjoy plots that take twenty minutes to explain. I guess it's sort of bizarre, but I just love how half the people in 616 are technically related by marriages or by who built them or who raised them.

This is kind of weird, but I actually love complicated, convoluted continuity.

As do a lot of comic fans. There's something inately satisfying about knowing this mountain of information and continuity. Especially when compared to someone else who might be unfamiliar with said series or character.

It makes you feel special and all tingly in the naughty bits.

Or maybe that's just me. Meh....

As do a lot of comic fans. There's something inately satisfying about knowing this mountain of information and continuity. Especially when compared to someone else who might be unfamiliar with said series or character.

It makes you feel special and all tingly in the naughty bits.

Or maybe that's just me. Meh....
Me and you, Doom...

...me and you...

My love of continuity has been stated over and over. I love everything about it. That said, I don't mind a reboot if it's told with a story adn not just "Okay, everything's different now. Enjoy."

But I don't want the UU to end. It's still so young, but I've been with it a long time and I actually care about the characters.

Plus, it's still selling well and it's the perfect playground for their biggest writers and they won't end it for that, if nothing else.

Last edited:
I wasn't either.

And then I read Punisher MAX.

I'm sitting in my beloved Punisher tshirt right now.

I got a punisher T-shirt.

I got mine after watching the punisher movie (travolta version not old one)

I don't like punisher (except movies and crossovers) but I might pick up punisher MAX then.

I have to say, I've never been a fan of the Punisher until Ennis started writing him. And I've never been a fan of Ennis. Something just said, "Ennis on Punisher will be great", and honestly, as much fun as the Marvel Knights stories are, the MAX series is just incredible. You may not like it. It's not for everyone. It's black and rude and extremely violent. But it's also intelligent, mature, and powerful.

As for the actual thread topic, "The End of the Ultimate Universe?"... I'm getting annoyed. People come up with these 'topics' that are supposed to be thought provoking and I knew, immediately, what the essay would be.

I can save you two pages.

"The Ultimate Universe was created to be a streamlined, more efficient version of the original Marvel Universe. Now that the Marvel Universe is better than the Ultimate Universe is there a point to it?
We think that they should make the comics that are late/bad, not late/bad and better or just dump them."​

So you know, when the Ultimate Universe was at its height, the above paragraph was the thought of the day with the two universes switched round, "The End of the Marvel Universe?"

So the point is - The Ultimate Universe isn't very good and the Marvel Universe is better.

Astonishing.

I think it's also rather saddening that the Ultimate Universe has sunk so low that the current creative direction of the Marvel Universe is now something people want it to aspire to be.

:?

Last edited:
I have to say, I've never been a fan of the Punisher until Ennis started writing him. And I've never been a fan of Ennis. Something just said, "Ennis on Punisher will be great", and honestly, as much fun as the Marvel Knights stories are, the MAX series is just incredible. You may not like it. It's not for everyone. It's black and rude and extremely violent. But it's also intelligent, mature, and powerful.

Wait a second. You don't like Ennis? FALSE PROPHET!

Bass said:
So the point is - The Ultimate Universe isn't very good and the Marvel Universe is better.

Astonishing.

I think it's also rather saddening that the Ultimate Universe has sunk so low that the current creative direction of the Marvel Universe is now something people want it to aspire to be.

:D The fact that anyone should aspire to be more like the mainstream Marvel Universe scares the hell out of me. It's a big, scary mess that won't ever be fixed, but manages to have a few stellar books despite this (Ennis, Ellis, Brubaker).

Last edited:
You're just jealous DP isn't in all of them. :wink:

True... very true.
_deadpool__by_Ugghhzilla.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back