The Falcon

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Okay, I just got done reading Ultimate Nightmare. Who else thinks Millar should put Sam Wilson on the on the Ultimates? I do.

I even drew up an 'Ultimate' style costume design. Plus, some new 616 inspire gadgets: goggles giving Sam 'Falcon Vision', and a wireless-telepathy controlled cybernetic bird, dubbed "Redwing-1". The goggles would allow him to see through Redwing-1's eyes for some crazy stealth stuff. Redwing-1 would also have combat and artillery abilities too.

I think he'd be a nice fit. They could probably bring him in near the beginning of GTA (befor the action really heats up).

I'm not sure about him being on the team just yet. There are strong dynamics at play at the moment, and I think his strong personality would upset that balance. After Millars run it would be a certainty that he should join.
Though not keen on the novelty pet gadget bird thing, it feels a bit cheap considering how serious Sam's character is.

Guijllons said:
Though not keen on the novelty pet gadget bird thing, it feels a bit cheap considering how serious Sam's character is.

I was just thinking that since he's a tech guy, he might have some wierd gadgets. The bird could just be one of many.

But mechanical pets (coz that's essentially what it would have to be) don't really fit in with Sam Wilson's character. He has shown that he is very serious about his science.

moonmaster said:
Okay, I just got done reading Ultimate Nightmare. Who else thinks Millar should put Sam Wilson on the on the Ultimates? I do.

I even drew up an 'Ultimate' style costume design. Plus, some new 616 inspire gadgets: goggles giving Sam 'Falcon Vision', and a wireless-telepathy controlled cybernetic bird, dubbed "Redwing-1". The goggles would allow him to see through Redwing-1's eyes for some crazy stealth stuff. Redwing-1 would also have combat and artillery abilities too.

I'd love to see him in the Ultimates. And I'd LOVE your idea about a cybernetic Redwing. Altho I'd prefer it if he could only see through it with the goggles. Dont think it should have lots of abilities, just stealth

I didn't necessarily mean for it to be a pet. It would mostly be a body that could have various "skins" place on it to give it the appearence of a real bird so it could blend in to natural settings. Plus, I figure that there would be a lot of different models that would immitate different kinds of birds.

And you may think robotronic birds are silly, but imagine The Falcon swooping in with a hundred of these things (which would be made of steel and adamantium, with razor-sharp appendages).

TheManWithoutFear said:
NO BIRD? Guij do you just want to strip every hero to just their jockeys? I swear you're worse than Hitler.

what?? A creative decision was made early on to reevaluate each character on the merits of their usefulness. Having such superfluous elements is essentially detrimental to the actual development of a character. But watering down each hero with nonsense you get the same problems as you have in the 616. Some things are not acceptable, and not required to tell the story of that character.

TheManWithoutFear said:
A robot bird?! What are you people on? If he's so serious about science and obviously nature (he was working on something before Fury got to him right?) I think he'd mix the two and have a real Falcon. Robots are cheese.

I just thought that in the UU The Falcon wouldn't have a real falcon, he'd have a more realistic technological alternative. To me having a telepathic link with a real bird is a lot less realistic.

And yeah robots are cheese. That's why I develope superultraROBOpowers when I eat it (perfect for killing squirrels...).

How bout of instead of having a robot bird which is just as bad as a telepathic link (although the link is plausible because Hank can communicate with ants) they have just a really well trained bird. There that's about as realistic as you guys are gonna get.

TheManWithoutFear said:
How bout of instead of having a robot bird which is just as bad as a telepathic link (although the link is plausible because Hank can communicate with ants) they have just a really well trained bird. There that's about as realistic as you guys are gonna get.

I just can't believe that if Sam came to Fury and said, "I'm gonna carry around this bird that I trained" and Fury would reply "Sure, that sounds like a great idea!" Fury wouldn't stand for one of his "persons of mass destruction" carrying around a real bird. It's probably the same reason why, no matter what happens with Hank, we'll never see him use the Ant-Man helmet in battle. Fury would think it was lame.

The Ant-Man helmet works on pheromones, and Hank said that he's working up to a trial on spiders. Mammals would be a different kettle of fish altogether, and don't use pheromones in the same way anyway.

moonmaster said:
I just can't believe that if Sam came to Fury and said, "I'm gonna carry around this bird that I trained" and Fury would reply "Sure, that sounds like a great idea!" Fury wouldn't stand for one of his "persons of mass destruction" carrying around a real bird. It's probably the same reason why, no matter what happens with Hank, we'll never see him use the Ant-Man helmet in battle. Fury would think it was lame.

I didn't know Fury was in charge of the fashion police. If the falcon was useful, used properly, and under control then why the hell wouldn't he let him have it. I mean this doesn't make sense as far as the world of comics is concerned aren't mutants and animals on the same level? So they have Wanda and Maximoff on the team. Why not a Falcon? I don't understand why you guys think it'd be so bad?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think getting intouch with mammals would be slightly easier than controling insects.
Its all got to do with the way insects communicate.

Mammals have far more complex brains then insects remember. But the point is academic really. I don't think the Falcon, needs a falcon, he has his own wings.

Latest posts

Back