The future of Ultimate Marvel

TheManWithoutFear said:
hmmmm....

Guij did you say Vaughan's been looking at Millar for framework? Vaughan's 20 times better with ultimizations. Millar's better at characterizing but Vaughan is responsible for making changes and subtly still leaving imprints of their 616 selves. And Vaughan keeps in mind what is happening in the rest of the universe. Millar's in his own world.

I have to agree with this. MWoF must've been sober when he posted this. ;)

TheManWithoutFear said:
hmmmm....

Guij did you say Vaughan's been looking at Millar for framework? Vaughan's 20 times better with ultimizations. Millar's better at characterizing but Vaughan is responsible for making changes and subtly still leaving imprints of their 616 selves. And Vaughan keeps in mind what is happening in the rest of the universe. Millar's in his own world.

I think Vaughan is the only writer in the UU that looks at the other titles. Bendis, Millar, Ellis and that hack Card don't give a damn about what each other does. Burns me, but hey? What are can ya do?

Lynx said:
I think Vaughan is the only writer in the UU that looks at the other titles. Bendis, Millar, Ellis and that hack Card don't give a damn about what each other does. Burns me, but hey? What are can ya do?

I agree. But I think this is more the editor's fault than anyone else's. Its the editor's responsibility to make all the titles synch up, and if a writer writes a story which doesn't do this, its up to them to make minor changes to make it work. Macchio and Lowe and Co. are amateur hacks.

DIrishB said:
I agree. But I think this is more the editor's fault than anyone else's. Its the editor's responsibility to make all the titles synch up, and if a writer writes a story which doesn't do this, its up to them to make minor changes to make it work. Macchio and Lowe and Co. are amateur hacks.

Agreed. I think their approach to the Ultimate U is "Well, the point was to do away with continuity between books anyways, why do we need to keep them in synch?" To readers who only read one or two Ultimate titles, this may work. But to continuity freaks (Like you and, to a lesser extent, me), it burns. I seriously think you should apply as Ultimate Marvel Editor, DB. I'd enjoy the Ultimate Books that much more if you were correcting these mistakes, bub. :D

DIrishB said:
And you gotta remember that Lowe was the one who told BMB to do the Spidey/Wolverine team-up, which not many people liked. So it goes to show that even editors can have bad stories in mind just as much as a writer.

ProjectX2 said:
Hmm...

My favourite arcs from each title:
Ultimates - Gods and Monsters
Ultimate Spider-Man - Legacy
Ultimate Fantastic Four - Doom
Ultimate X-Men - The Tempest

Mine...

Ultimates - Superhuman
Ultimate Spider-Man - Venom
Ultimate X-men - Blockbuster/The Tomorrow People
Ultimate Fantastic Four - Fantastic

Ultimate Mini - Ultimate Elektra
Ultimate Marvel Team-Up - The Spider-Man/Man-Thing issue.

icemastertron said:
And you gotta remember that Lowe was the one who told BMB to do the Spidey/Wolverine team-up, which not many people liked. So it goes to show that even editors can have bad stories in mind just as much as a writer.

This is true...they still dropped the ball on all the continuity screw-ups though, that was my point.

TheManWithoutFear said:
hmmmm....

Definitely agree. I really think that the "Mojoworld" characters were the best Ultimizations I have read, namely Longshot and Mojo. Mr. Sinister was also pretty good.

Lynx said:
I love Millar on UFF. People can whine about it being too fantasy sci-fi, but it's the Fantastic Four, for God's sake! Traveling to the N-Zone was just as fantastical as time travel.
Who are these defective human beings who think that Fantastic Four can actually become "too fantasy sci-fi"? You mean there's supposed to be a limit on the fantastical quotient on these characters?

As Millar put it, "they're not the Mundane Four, they're the FANTASTIC Four."

ourchair said:

I love that quote.

ourchair said:
Who are these defective human beings who think that Fantastic Four can actually become "too fantasy sci-fi"? You mean there's supposed to be a limit on the fantastical quotient on these characters?

To some, yes. A few people were complaining about how time travel wasn't adequetly explained when it showed up in UFF 21.

Me? I love time travel, just keep it in UFF. The day I see an Ultimate X-man time travel is the day I drop the Ultimate line.

icemastertron said:
But...but...how are then the X-Men to fight the real Cavemen version of the Brotherhood? :please:

By petitioning Cable from timeline 452b

In the 616 universe.

I don't like FF that much, it's too cosmic for me... i mean, they powers are great, but not THAT great, at least in the 616 universe, it's kinda stupid they make Galactus go away like 3 times a year... He was there when the universe began, how can 4 ppl that have not that fantastic powers make a force of the universe simply go away? It pisses me off

Well at least the Ultimate line isn't that bad, i just hope Sue doesn't start making weird things in other ppl brains in a daily basis.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I don't like FF that much, it's too cosmic for me... i mean, they powers are great, but not THAT great, at least in the 616 universe, it's kinda stupid they make Galactus go away like 3 times a year... He was there when the universe began, how can 4 ppl that have not that fantastic powers make a force of the universe simply go away? It pisses me off

It's not their powers, it's because Reed is the smartest man on Earth (Possibly one of the smartest beings in the Universe).

At least with Ultimate Gah Lak Tus, it'll be more difficult.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:

Well at least the Ultimate line isn't that bad, i just hope Sue doesn't start making weird things in other ppl brains in a daily basis.

:sure:

I'm just taking a wild guess here that you don't read Fantastic 4.

Latest posts

Back