The Golden Man

GMaster

Banned
Come one, come all.
The Golden Man is a one shot comic that should be out sometime next year. It's still being worked on, but we are close to completion. It will be black and white, and I have written it and lettered it (argh!), and my good friend Bogdan Chelaru has done the awesome pencils and inks for it.

So, I'm going to give you a teaser, the pencilled cover, and the first two finished pages. Tell me what you think.

Pencilled cover, without the logo.
pencilled%20cover.jpg

Page One
page1-finished.jpg

Page Two
page-2---finished.jpg

That's all your getting. As I said, should be out sometime next year, and will be about 32 pages in length.

NOTE: Big thanks to Guij who helped me work out how to use Illustrator. Go Guij!

Last edited:
He doesn't look golden to me.

ProjectX2 said:
It hasn't been coloured yet... :?

Come on. That was most ProjectX2-esque post I've ever made.

You need to put me in touch with that artist....

Cool that you might be breaking in GM, I'll be sure to pick up a copy.

Do the idea people get free copies sent to them? :wink:

I believe he's already got a deal with a London comic company.

a fan said:
Only one place to submit the work to and that place is... MARVEL COMICS!!!!
....um, no. I'd rather work for DC, specificly Wildsotrm or Vertigo (Things actualy happen to thier characters, wich the main branches of the BIg Two can't really let) or maybe Image.

Besides, you remember all that theivery that went on at Marvel back in the late 70s/Early 80s don't you? they used to raid the submission boxes for good ideas.

Baxter said:
....um, no. I'd rather work for DC, specificly Wildsotrm or Vertigo (Things actualy happen to thier characters, wich the main branches of the BIg Two can't really let) or maybe Image.

Besides, you remember all that theivery that went on at Marvel back in the late 70s/Early 80s don't you? they used to raid the submission boxes for good ideas.
I think this may be the first thing Baxter's ever said I agree with. I doubt this comic would fit in with Marvel's range (well, I call it a range, I don't think 'only superheroes' is really a range).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The art is pretty ****ing amazing, I think you should print this and sell it out to people.

Johnny Bravo said:
How do we get it?
Depends how much interest is gotten from it. To start off with you might have to order it direct from the publisher, but this won't cost any extra. However, if it gets popular, it will probably be shipped through Diamond.

Latest posts

Back