The Great Comic Challenge!!!!

Friday

I'm bringing it back! I'd have used the old thread but the board seems to have eaten it. The premise is simple. I sugest a book to you, you suggest a book to me and we both go out and pick it up. Then compair if we liked them or not. Its a great way to get someone to try out a book you think they'd like or get a book thats under peoples radar some exposure.

So do I have any takers?

Sounds like a fun idea...

I'd play, but I just don't have the funds to pick up random books. Even if they are highly recommended.

I'm bringing it back! I'd have used the old thread but the board seems to have eaten it. The premise is simple. I sugest a book to you, you suggest a book to me and we both go out and pick it up. Then compair if we liked them or not. Its a great way to get someone to try out a book you think they'd like or get a book thats under peoples radar some exposure.

So do I have any takers?

I'm so all for it. I mean I cannot even begin to tell you how many books I've picked up just because Baxter, Seldes or DSF suggested. Hell---they're the ones who got me into DC/Vertigo.

Let's do this!!!!

BTW---My money is on the fact that this is another one of Baxter's ploys to get us to read Cassanova. :wink:

I'm so all for it. I mean I cannot even begin to tell you how many books I've picked up just because Baxter, Seldes or DSF suggested. Hell---they're the ones who got me into DC/Vertigo.

Let's do this!!!!

BTW---My money is on the fact that this is another one of Baxter's ploys to get us to read Cassanova. :wink:

Actualy Vic I want you to pick up Jonnah Hex. So what am I getting?

You read Punisher MAX? If not...search for the the Punisher MAX: Vol 5 TPB. It's called "The Slavers".

I thought that was the worst arc.

And thanks VVD. I guess I didn't recommend The Authority, Planetary, Fables, Y: The Last Man or Ex Machina. :wink:

I thought that was the worst arc.

Obviously being a mod and all it's god-like powers involved have driven you insane in the membrane. :lol:

And thanks VVD. I guess I didn't recommend The Authority, Planetary, Fables, Y: The Last Man or Ex Machina. :wink:

No....you did. But I wouldn't have even looked at any of those if Bax hadn't gotten me into the DC universe in general.

The Goon. The Noir mini started this week.

Got my copy! :rockon:

I say everyone should check out "Freshmen" if possible. I thought it was hilarious.

Baxter, have you posted your Pull list anywhere?

Also: who prints Casanova Man?

Image. :D

My pull list... Oh my...

52 WEEK
ACTION COMICS
ALL NEW ATOM
AUTHORITY
BATMAN
BEYOND
BLUE BEETLE
BOYS
CASANOVA
CHECKMATE
CRIMINAL
DAREDEVIL
DESOLATION JONES
DETECTIVE COMICS
DMZ
DWIGHT T ALBATROSS THE GOON NOIR
FIRESTORM THE NUCLEAR MAN
IMMORTAL IRON FIST
INVINCIBLE
IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN
JONAH HEX
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA
NOBLE CAUSES
ROBIN
SHADOWPACT
STORMWATCH PHD
TEEN TITANS
TRIALS OF SHAZAM
UNCANNY X-MEN
WALKING DEAD
WILDCATS

And I tradewait

Ultimate Line (tho thats been stuttering)
Runnaways
Y: The Last Man
Fables
100 Bullets
Ex Machina
Y: The Last Man
Cable Deadpool

Last edited:
I wish I had the money to take part in this. It looks fun. I recently made a list of all the series that I began collecting in trades and have yet to finish and it's quite astounding.

My obvious suggestion to anyone who hasn't read it is Promethea.

I'd always appreciated Moore and really enjoyed Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and Miracleman and so on, but to be perfectly honest I can't say I've ever really "connected" with his work. I'm starting to feel it with Promethea.

I wish I had the money to take part in this. It looks fun. I recently made a list of all the series that I began collecting in trades and have yet to finish and it's quite astounding.

My obvious suggestion to anyone who hasn't read it is Promethea.

I'd always appreciated Moore and really enjoyed Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and Miracleman and so on, but to be perfectly honest I can't say I've ever really "connected" with his work. I'm starting to feel it with Promethea.
I keep meaning to follow up on that. I have the first two trades...

Promethea is literally changing my outlook on life.

For instance, I'm trying not to use words like "fictional" and "real world", because according to Promethea, imagination is reality.

Promethea is literally changing my outlook on life.

For instance, I'm trying not to use words like "fictional" and "real world", because according to Promethea, imagination is reality.

You are the man. Promethea was the thought provoking comic series I ever laid eyes on. Plus my Promethea avatar was better. I need to get the trades.

I have a trade if anyone's interested.

Latest posts

Back