The Great Ultimate Central Super-Hero Universe! [Idea]

I'll have to leave this as the story I'm doing doesn't fit at all with all these Elemental Planes and stuff.

Well, this is supposed to be one big idea dump. Pretty much, anything should work.

Am I doing this wrong? They should have manuals for these kinds of things.

I don't quite understand what you are asking.

If you are asking for me to have some sort of reason why this universe is connected to all these planes and alternate universes, then don't. This is a super hero universe! Since when did they have a good reason for anything?

If you guys want to finish up the moral planes for me, then say so. If not, it will be done by the end of the week.

What I'm asking is, what purpose do they serve to the story? There's no need for cataloging unless it's going to serve the purpose of your story.

It just reads like something out of Dungeons and Dragons.

Well, like I said earlier, they are just idea dumps. You are free to do with them as you please. Maybe you could have a character from one of these planes. Like I just said, it is an idea dump. Do whatever the frak with it as you want.

Except something stupid, like blow them up. That would be just silly. And dumb.

Well, this is supposed to be one big idea dump. Pretty much, anything should work.

Am I doing this wrong? They should have manuals for these kinds of things.

Well my story features Demons, Cyborgs and a group hell bent on bringing the end of the world.

My suggestion :
I think if we are doing this together we need a list of who's agreed on the the front page then when you are ready to sit down e.g on uc chat and work something out e.g one may have Demons a certain way where as I may have them another for it to be one universe one world we need to say what they are before we do stories so we know.

Once we have rules set for everything we are using and tooled others to match E.g You mention Elemental Planes which I'm guess you plan to use, if they don't fit with the other stories then rework them to been say a mystical spiritual thing that only certain people can use.

So then we release our stories and after we have 2 or 3 out all discuss crossovers/events that we would like to do and when we do a cross over say Iron Dragon/Nightbane crossover but both Zombipanda and Hellsbuttmonkey in that case would have to tool that in away they like be it pitch ideas and co-write or pitch ideas and one right.

Just like events we would all need to talk about. Besides that I say keep it like Marvel for E.g Where they have mutants , aliens , mystics, genetic accidents ect.. However X-men feels different to Hulk and Hulk feels different to Iron man ect.... but yet they exist together and all work when they need a cross-over and such.

Well my story features Demons, Cyborgs and a group hell bent on bringing the end of the world.

Demons = from hell, cyborgs = well, some earth corporation I'm sure, group hell bent on bring the end of the world = err...

My suggestion :
I think if we are doing this together we need a list of who's agreed on the the front page then when you are ready to sit down e.g on uc chat and work something out e.g one may have Demons a certain way where as I may have them another for it to be one universe one world we need to say what they are before we do stories so we know.

Well, the plan was that there we would set down the rules. We would say just how this multiverse is organized. Look, there are no parallel Earths. But in this alternate form of Earth, we have intersected with other universes. Thus, the UC Universe is basically an idea dump. Within reason, anything can work.

Once we have rules set for everything we are using and tooled others to match E.g You mention Elemental Planes which I'm guess you plan to use, if they don't fit with the other stories then rework them to been say a mystical spiritual thing that only certain people can use.

Like I said before, we should have the rules of this Multiverse set before we really get into it. That way, we won't have more re-canons than you can blink at. I am thinking of Marvel and DC here.

So then we release our stories and after we have 2 or 3 out all discuss crossovers/events that we would like to do and when we do a cross over say Iron Dragon/Nightbane crossover but both Zombipanda and Hellsbuttmonkey in that case would have to tool that in away they like be it pitch ideas and co-write or pitch ideas and one right.

Right. The authors get together and try to figure out how to do it. No problems wih that.

Just like events we would all need to talk about. Besides that I say keep it like Marvel for E.g Where they have mutants , aliens , mystics, genetic accidents ect.. However X-men feels different to Hulk and Hulk feels different to Iron man ect.... but yet they exist together and all work when they need a cross-over and such.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you mean. We could have planewalkers IE individuals who frequently travel between the planes of existence. But they can be different in terms of moral POV and ways of interpreting things or, heck, be of different races.

Demons = from hell

See I figured that would be route however my story has been planned out more with buffy/angel idea that demons are races and there are good demons and bad not all evil from hell.

but yeah it's cool dude. It's up to you how people go about it. I was just making a suggestion or two.

Last edited:
See I figured that would be route however my story has been planned out more with buffy/angel idea that demons are races and there are good demons and bad not all evil from hell.

but yeah it's cool dude. It's up to you how people go about it. I was just making a suggestion or two.

Well, I was thinking we go the Planescape route where demons can essentially be divided into two classes - the go kill anything and everything and DESTRUCTION IS GOOD stereotype, and the demons that believe that there is a specific way of doing evil, and you should follow said procedure, mostly with manipulations and trickery.

Well, I was thinking we go the Planescape route where demons can essentially be divided into two classes - the go kill anything and everything and DESTRUCTION IS GOOD stereotype, and the demons that believe that there is a specific way of doing evil, and you should follow said procedure, mostly with manipulations and trickery.

See. That's my point right there. Why classify things, working them into boxes before you actually have any ideas for them, when you can instead leave them untouched and wait for someone who has a story angle for them to do the fleshing out.

See. That's my point right there. Why classify things, working them into boxes before you actually have any ideas for them, when you can instead leave them untouched and wait for someone who has a story angle for them to do the fleshing out.

That was my point, As my story really needs them to be handled how I said.

That was my point, As my story really needs them to be handled how I said.

Take note that I said that is what I was *thinking*.

OK fine, no rules set, except how the multiverse is constructed. But how the multiverse works will be made as we go.

Take note that I said that is what I was *thinking*.

OK fine, no rules set, except how the multiverse is constructed. But how the multiverse works will be made as we go.

Incidentally, was all that trans-dimensional planar stuff jacked from Planescape?

Not intentionally. I was more like...err, inspired by Planescape.

Aw **** it, I ripped it from Planescape.

i think you guys should draw pictures of your heroes too (^_^)b
c`mon this board doesnt have enough artists imo :p

Or use heromachine like I do for story pics

Latest posts

Back