The Iceman thread.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Ok, going on from another thread, Iceman is not gay. I have nothing agaisnt gays, but Iceman will never be one. He has been known to be a "ladies man", or at least have tried to be one. Yes, Northstar had a crush on him, but that's as far as Northstar took it. Iceman's last girlfriend was Opal Tenaka, a Japanese girl who before dating Bobby, was dating Sunfire.

The reason why said that it's rumored why Bobby might be returning with Lorna, is because in an X-Men letters page, some months ago, someone complained to Marvel (No, not me) about Bobby being permantly stuck in his ice state. The editor had replied that it was ok, and hinted at Bobby returning with Lorna, since he said that somone with a magnetic personality would sooth him, or something like that. Bobby tried going out with Nurse Annie, but that basically just became a "one-night stand" kinda deal.

Last edited:
The Iceman thread... What next?

TheManWithoutFear said:
How's he gonna get any lovin' if he's in perma-ice state?
My thoughts exactly. But what I was thinking, which I doubt will happen, but it's just a thought, is that wheter he hooks back up with Lorna again or not, maybe she can use her powers to help him revert or something... :?

I hope your right Ice. I hope your right.

Why can't he have something better than that as a secondary mutation... What's turning completely into ice going to do?

Yeah, and well, he gave Archangel blood that can heal others, and his younger brother, Jay, the EXACT same powers. Flight, and blood that can heal others.

That's..ok. But what he did to Iceman, that I don't like at all. But the funny thing is, is that For the Marvel Holiday Special 2004, Iceman was in one story where in two scenes, he was in his human state. I believe it was written by Aguiree-Sacasa (MK:4, Nightcrawler).

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Why is Iceman permanently in his ice state?

Secondary mutation. There is a good side to this though... it will be hard to harm him. Just as long as someone doesn't have a flamethrower.

ProjectX2 said:
Secondary mutation. There is a good side to this though... it will be hard to harm him.
Although that may be a good thing, I still don't like that he's permantly like that.

ProjectX2 said:
Just as long as someone doesn't have a flamethrower.
That happened once. In his Iceman:Icons 4 issue mini.

Who attacked him with it? What happened?

I shall answer in invisotext:

What happened was he was in China, going to see Opal, since she had called him for something important, and while in the airport, some anti-mutant group figured out who he was by a mutant scanner they had, and used their flametrowers on him.

I think he meant how did Iceman survive the Flamethrower assault... if not, i would like to know...

Well, just checked to be sure, and it was only one guy who had a flamthrower. They he survived it was that he tricked the guy with the flamethrower, by making an ice copy of himself, and the attacker melting the fake Iceman. The real Iceman came from behind and knocked him out with an ice blast.

Goodwill said:
Why can't he have something better than that as a secondary mutation... What's turning completely into ice going to do?

Hmmm wouldn't it be so cool if all the characters had useful mutations? Cmon guys mutations can't always be a good thing? The perma-ice I'm not to crazy about either but I understand why they did it.

In the Draco arc he got reduced to just a head, and to rebuild himself he took the water from someone's body, because there wasn't enough in the air in that dimension. So i guess it works in a similar way to wolverine's healing factor. you blast one of iceman's arms off now, and if there is enough water about, he can grow it straight back.

Latest posts

Back