The Joker Blogs

Grocer Man

[video=youtube;lJtIPi0Nb60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJtIPi0Nb60[/video]

This is a really cool fan webseries, based on the Christopher Nolan Batman films.

The series takes place after the Dark Knight. The Joker is locked in Arkham Asylum, and is undergoing therapy at the hands of Dr. Harleen Quinzel. This being the Joker, things get out of hand, especially with Joker's atracttion to his doctor and the videos of his sessions somehow getting onto Youtube...

The series has finished its second season, and has some superb acting and writing. It matches the tone of The Dark Knight perfectly, and the actor playing Joker does a fantastic job with the role. At time you'd swear he walked right out of the movie.

The first episode is posted above, while the other sixteen episodes can be accessed on the main profile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJokerBlogs

NOTE: This has nothing to do with that fan film idea I had a while back, though the premise is very similar to what I had in mind.

I think most non-comedic Ledger Joker impressions are too embarrassing to watch(arguably including Ledger's;)), but that guy looks amazingly like him. Hair aside, there are some shots that where I probably wouldn't think it was somebody else if I didn't know. I'd rather he take over the role than Joseph Gordon-Levitt or James Franco.

These are really good. As Planet-Man said, a lot of fan-films are embarassing; particularly the wealth of them that involve impersonating Heath Ledger's Joker.

This guy is really good, though. I particularly like how he has his own distinct voice while still paying homage to Ledger.

The best fan-films in my opinion are the ones that are character-plays first and fanboy cosplay sessions second. It's the reason why Patient J was so good. Most of the film is just the Joker sitting around talking, instead of corny action. I hate those Sandy Collora ones (Dead End and the World's Finest fan-trailer).

Last edited:
They actually got Kevin Spacey for this.

Playing Lex Luthor.

I don't really think I need to say anything more.

Latest posts

Back