The League (discussion and spoilers)

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
It's a short film made by someone called Kyle Higgins.

http://www.theleaguefilm.com/watch.html

It's about 27 minutes long. I'll wait till some people have seen it before I start explaining how awesome this was.

The first couple of minutes makes it seem cheesy, then it goes bat**** awesome insanity.

The music/writing is really well done, as the imagery in the movie.

Enjoy.

Hey, thanks guys! I'm really glad you dig the film

:shock:

This feels like one of those modern Christmas specials where the cast meets Santa and they don't realize it until after he's left and wishes everyone a Merry Christmas.

This is like the time Robert Kirkman came on to tell us to quit *****ing about Ultimate Cable, except different.

Nice. Welcome.

You should be proud of the movie, it's well done. Especially the imagery.

I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about the film. Like your motivation behind making it.

Thank you. It's always great hearing from people that like your work heh. And by all means, fire away. It took forever to finish, but we're all pretty happy with how the short turned out.

In terms of motivation, I've been a huge comic book fan my whole life, which is what first got me into film. I knew I wanted to do something different for my thesis project, something that might have a chance at getting me noticed. It seemed like a nice circle, to do a superhero flick as my final project since it's the genre that got me into movies in the first place.

Also, I did a couple interviews with The Pulse and CBR, if you're interested:
http://www.comicon.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=529713
http://comicbookresources.com:8080/?page=article&id=19217

Welcome to UC, Kyle!

I just saw the film - gotta say, the story was unfortunately bland. But apart from that, it was extremely impressive. The style and the quality of the piece, and the actors too, was very good.

I really hope you get to do more soon. :)

Welcome to UC, Kyle!

I just saw the film - gotta say, the story was unfortunately bland. But apart from that, it was extremely impressive. The style and the quality of the piece, and the actors too, was very good.

I really hope you get to do more soon. :)

Same here, and welcome.

Thanks. All I can really say to that is that it's extremely tough to tell the size of story we wanted to tell, in 25 minutes. I agree with you though. And especially compared to what we had written, we unfortunately came up short in the final product.

Welcome, Kyle! It's always great to see work like this. It always inspires me to get off my lazy behind and get to work on my ideas.

Great work you have, and wow, two interviews in popular places? Rock on!

Hope you stick around with us. It's awesome that you joined us.

Welcome, Kyle! It's always great to see work like this. It always inspires me to get off my lazy behind and get to work on my ideas.

Great work you have, and wow, two interviews in popular places? Rock on!

Hope you stick around with us. It's awesome that you joined us.

Thanks, Ice. What kind of stuff are you working on? For comics? Film?

Thanks. All I can really say to that is that it's extremely tough to tell the size of story we wanted to tell, in 25 minutes. I agree with you though. And especially compared to what we had written, we unfortunately came up short in the final product.

Only in the story department. Everything else was absolutely fine. I can't think of any problems outside of the story. (And the story isn't atrocious, just mediocre.) It's really an impressive short. I mean that sincerely.

Only in the story department. Everything else was absolutely fine. I can't think of any problems outside of the story. (And the story isn't atrocious, just mediocre.) It's really an impressive short. I mean that sincerely.

Thanks. Alec (who co-wrote it with me) and I have always been of the opinion that the world and idea works best in a more free form storytelling medium. Comic book, television, etc. A medium that is mostly linear (like a short or a feature film) is super tough. It's harder to explore the world

I'd love to hear a bit more about yourself, what got you into the film-making process? What comics you read? Where did you get your schoolin' and all that fun stuff?

Welcome to the Boards! Stick around, should you please!

Latest posts

Back