The Most Unsettling and Strange Piece of News That I've Ever Heard...

I like to call him God.

Or her God.

*blows the collective minds of Hibiki and Venom Melendez*

I get a kick out of vegetarians. They all seem to ignore the fact that eating red meat is what led to higher brain functions for early humans. In theory, that'd mean us meat eaters would continue to develop our brains whereas vegans would end up stuck in the same evolutionary phase.

Irony would be to shoot the vegans with our mind bullets.

I'm gonna go grill a steak.
Mmmmmm, steak.

I had steak for dinner last night, and lunch today!

Do humas count as red meat?

Yes, but I don't want butt.

There's nothing funny about going off topic ever. :shifty:

EVER.

DIrishB said:
I don't see anywhere in my post where I made a distinction aimed specifically at either classification.

I inferred the distinction when you said "You just can't get essential amino acids from soy and veggies. And supplemental amino acids are dubious at best.". This seems to refer to vegans only, because the essential aminos, with the exception of L-Carnitine, are availiable through eggs and certain dairy products and other non-supplemental forms that us vegetarians consume as much as anybody, while vegans don't.

After this, you said "In conclusion, vegans are--or at least will be--dumber than meat eaters".... If you're still only refering to the L-Carntine issue, and not the handful of aminos that vegetarians get but vegans don't, then this should say vegetarians.

Now, in terms of the L-Carntine issue itself...

This isn't completely true. As I said, L-Carnitine, an essential amino for muscle and brain development, is ONLY found in red meat. Other types of Carnitine are found in dairy products, nuts, and some vegetables/fruits; but the essential L-Carnitine is only found in red meat.

You did originally say essential amino acids, which is what I was rebutting.

If L-Carnitine is the only one, that's too bad for us, but.... I think the reduced risks of heart disease, cancer, alzheimers, high blood pressure, diabetes and osteoperosis, not to mention higher life expectancy, sounds a bit more attractive than a theorectical evolutionary benefit.;)

I inferred the distinction when you said "You just can't get essential amino acids from soy and veggies. And supplemental amino acids are dubious at best.". This seems to refer to vegans only, because the essential aminos, with the exception of L-Carnitine, are availiable through eggs and certain dairy products and other non-supplemental forms that us vegetarians consume as much as anybody, while vegans don't.

After this, you said "In conclusion, vegans are--or at least will be--dumber than meat eaters".... If you're still only refering to the L-Carntine issue, and not the handful of aminos that vegetarians get but vegans don't, then this should say vegetarians.

Fair enough. I was speaking in terms of red meat and L-Carnitine's role, so I may have misspoke...or mistyped.

Now, in terms of the L-Carntine issue itself...

You did originally say essential amino acids, which is what I was rebutting.

If L-Carnitine is the only one, that's too bad for us, but.... I think the reduced risks of heart disease, cancer, alzheimers, high blood pressure, diabetes and osteoperosis, not to mention higher life expectancy, sounds a bit more attractive than a theorectical evolutionary benefit.;)

There's nothing theoretical about it. There's no doubt higher brain development began when early man started to hunt and consume red meat. There's also no reason to believe this trend wouldn't continue. Sometimes its about the benefit of the all or whole over the individual. ;)

Well, that and red meat is freaking awesome.

What is this, Biology? Go away.

Seriously,... I've never thought of you as a very deep person.

I heard of this before, it was very intresting consept. But the way it was told to me. Is if I were just a brain hooked up to a super computer and that everyone I knew and everything I had done was just a program to study the human mind. And the person telling me this was just a program to see how my brain would react to such a consept.

I've never thought of you as someone who gets laid.

Hasn't everyone here pretty much thought at some point early on in their life that they were the subject of a Truman Show-like show? When I was 10, I was noticing all this evidence all around me that I was being watched by millions of people on TV. Man, was I paranoid.
Self-centered.

:noway:
Thats just bull****, not irony. The song would've been different had Two Live Crew written it.
It's like a ***** that don't **** any ***** in the ***,
It's that big ol' *** that you just wanna **** with the **** in the *****.
The way a ***** with her *** on the **** and the **** with a ***** strapped to her *** covered in champagne and **** in the ***.

I like to call him Al.
You can be his bodyguard.
If that were true, shouldn't zombies be super brilliant and able to do more than just roam around looking for brains to eat?
Zombie movies are fairly innacurate representations of the zombie community at large.

Zombies spend much of their time composing symphonies and writing treatise on Nineteenth Century agrarian politics.
What's a vegetable?
A Dragon Ball Z Lunchable?
Well, that and red meat is freaking awesome.
HAMBURGLER FTW!

Hasn't everyone here pretty much thought at some point early on in their life that they were the subject of a Truman Show-like show? When I was 10, I was noticing all this evidence all around me that I was being watched by millions of people on TV. Man, was I paranoid.

I thought that a few times when I experience a coincident that was way to coincidental.

Ironic considering your handle.

The word for meaningful coincidence is "synchronicity" btw. ^__^

Ironic considering your handle.

The word for meaningful coincidence is "synchronicity" btw. ^__^

Hey when random stuff happens to me the world feels as it should, a chaotic and random place, but when there are too many coincidences things feel... set up.

Latest posts

Back