The Music Club

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Totally ripping off Doublehex's Classic Games Club idea...

I'm thinking about trying something out, kind of like a book club but with albums. We all (those who wish to participate) listen to one album at the same time, that the majority of us have never heard before, then we discuss it.

Proposed Rules:

Every week, 2-3 participants will suggest an album that they like that they think the majority of the group has never heard before. You can still participate if you don't want to make any suggestions, but it would be nice if it wasn't just 2 or 3 people making suggestions ever week.

The suggestion can be just about anything. It doesn't have to be a "classic", and it could be from any genre or time period. You can pick something that you think others here would like, or not at all. Just make sure it's something that you personally enjoy, and that most of us haven't listened to it before.

This isn't necessarily about specific recommendations, it's about trying something that you're completely unfamiliar with without any kind of pretense. I'm always excited when I find an album that I'm totally unfamiliar with and I'm able to fall in love with it. That's sort of the point of this.

Is anyone interested??

I might indeed dip into this.

May I suggest at one point we use Bullet For My Valentine: Scream, Aim, Fire as one of the suggestions? I love them but dunno how many people have heard of them here as they are a relatively new band from very close to where I live.

Ahem.

191CDM.jpg

Would it be wrong to suggest setting up a place to upload music so that we can share potentially obscure music?

You're disqualified.

From life.
Would it be wrong to suggest setting up a place to upload music so that we can share potentially obscure music?
I have no problem with that, but we'll see if E's okay with it. (Perhaps links could be PMed rather than posted here.)

Since we seem to have a good six or seven people involved, I think we should officially begin. I've had a suggestion lined up since I started the thread so I'll give mine and then we'll do a first-come, first-serve thing. The first two suggestions formally made after this post will be up for this week as well. Make your suggestion without pretense, don't make any personal comment on the music for the moment. (We can start talking about what we think after people have started listening to the albums.)

My suggestion:

146114deerhuntereurotour_0.jpg

Deerhunter - Microcastle

If you've heard the album before, please comment and another selection will be made. Once two more albums have been suggested and "confirmed", we can officially begin.

Last edited:

I think that might be neccessary but I don't think it's a good idea to post it...moonmaster is right - maybe we should just PM the link.

Any more suggestions from anyone? (Ourchair sounded like he might have something...)

I would probably submit Electric Six's I Shall Exterminate Everything Around Me That Restricts Me From Being The Master and The Dirtbombs' Dangerous Magical Noise

I would probably submit Electric Six's I Shall Exterminate Everything Around Me That Restricts Me From Being The Master and The Dirtbombs' Dangerous Magical Noise
First to respond, you get it. But we're only doing 3 albums a week, so you'll have to pick one.

Latest posts

Back