The Music Thread : It's So Easy To Fly Through A Window

Proj, I'm pretty peeved. Giacchino's "Up" score is only going to be out as a digital download. Why? I don't know, but there are no plans for a CD as of yet. Ucch. How do you personally get his music? Through iTunes? I would totally do that, but I love having an actual CD, because my computer speakers are crap and we have an awesome Bose CD player at home. I really want to hear the score right after I see the movie, but I don't know if I should just get on iTunes or wait -- however long -- to see if a CD will come out.
Urgh.

As I obtain all my music from either illegally downloading it or ripping it from a CD, I won't be much help. I think most of his stuff is on iTunes but I have no idea if it would ever be released on CD.

If Proj were a mod, he could delete all of this.

I know the insufferable nature of shameless dance remixes of songs that probably shouldn't be given dance remixes has been discussed here before but I'm loving this shameless dance remix of Grizzly Bear's "Two Weeks" (which is already probably one of the best songs of the year) way more than I would've expected. Am I crazy or is this actually pretty good:

Original song:

[youtube]_Q_3Iq-Lnag[/youtube]

Remix:

[youtube]TLKTTSteyy4[/youtube]

The funny thing is that there's also a new remix of Animal Collective's "Summertime Clothes" and that one, I hate. Sounds like background music in a Sonic the Hedgehog level.

Burn it to CD?

This would seem to be the most obvious solution...

Ucch, doy, why didn't I think of that? :oops:

As I obtain all my music from either illegally downloading it or ripping it from a CD, I won't be much help. I think most of his stuff is on iTunes but I have no idea if it would ever be released on CD.

All of his scores -- except for "Sky High" and a couple of others -- are on CD. It just seems weird that they wouldn't make one for a high profile Pixar film.

it'll hit cd eventually don't worry

I hope. :D

Lollapalooza 2009 Lineup:
* Depeche Mode
* Tool
* The Killers
* Jane's Addiction
* Beastie Boys
* Kings of Leon

* Lou Reed
* Ben Harper and Relentless7
* Thievery Corporation
* Snoop Dogg
* Rise Against
* Andrew Bird
* TV on the Radio

* Vampire Weekend
* The Decemberists
* Neko Case
* STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9)
* Animal Collective
* Band of Horses
* Of Montreal

* Arctic Monkeys
* Coheed and Cambria
* Ben Folds
* Fleet Foxes
* Silversun Pickups
* Kaiser Chiefs
* Crystal Castles
* Bon Iver
* Santigold
* Atmosphere
* Dan Auerbach
* Cold War Kids
* Deerhunter
* Lykke Li
* Robert Earl Keen
* Peter Bjorn and John
* Heartless Bastards
* Gomez
* Glasvegas
* Federico Aubele
* Dan Deacon
* Passion Pit
* Zap Mama
* The Raveonettes
* The Gaslight Anthem

* The Airborne Toxic Event
* White Lies
* Ra Ra Riot
* No Age
* Asher Roth
* Los Campesinos!
* Bat For Lashes
* Chairlift
* Gang Gang Dance
* The Virgins
* Amazing Baby
* Portugal. The Man
* The Knux
* Ida Maria
* Delta Spirit
* Friendly Fires
* Manchester Orchestra
* Constantines
* Ezra Furman & The Harpoons
* Hockey
* Miike Snow
* Alberta Cross
* Hey Champ
* Sam Roberts Band
* The Henry Clay People
* Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam
* Cage the Elephant
* Living Things
* The Low Anthem
* Blind Pilot
* Langhorne Slim
* Other Lives
* The Builders and The Butchers
* Eric Church
* Joe Pug
* Kevin Devine
* The Greencards
* Carney
* Thenewno2

Lol what is Snoop doing in that lineup?

I was wondering, how do people get caught illegally downloading music? It seems like marijuana .... Everyone does it, but how do they get caught when it's hidden at home?

Last edited:
I was wondering, how do people get caught illegally downloading music? It seems like marijuana .... Everyone does it, but how do they get caught when it's hidden at home?

IP address tracking. On a peer-to-peer connection you can see the IP addresses of everyone connected to you. They track that IP address to an ISP and bully the ISP into releasing records of who was using that IP address at a given date and time.

What do you guys think is the best cover song of all time?

I think it's probably Hendrix' version of "All Along the Watchtower." It's more than a cover, it's pretty much it's own song.

What are your guys' favorite cover songs?

I've always preferred Dylan's version. It's always seemed like Hendrix just put the song on top of a guitar solo and yelled it. I don't think it really adds anything.

But then again I'm having a hard time thinking of any cover songs I particularly like at the moment.

I still maintain that this is the worst cover of all time. (Yes, even worse than Hillary Duff doing "My Generation"):

[youtube]fpxffUU6qvo[/youtube]

The worst part are the commenter on the video who actually think it's good.

Guns N' Roses did a fantastic version of "Sympathy for the Devil".

I like Jimi Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and Ryan Adam's "Wonderwall" covers.

Latest posts

Back