The Music Thread : It's So Easy To Fly Through A Window

I couldn't get into it.
The Rainbow Connection cover song I couldn't get into myself, but the rest of the album I'm enjoying. OK GO's "Muppet Theme Song", Andrew Bird's "Being Green", & Matt Nathanson's "I hope that something better comes along" are the three best tracks.

The Rainbow Connection cover song I couldn't get into myself, but the rest of the album I'm enjoying. OK GO's "Muppet Theme Song", Andrew Bird's "Being Green", & Matt Nathanson's "I hope that something better comes along" are the three best tracks.

This reminds me - I got a notice of a DM you sent me on Twitter...at least I think that's what it was, but I looked and it wasn't there.

This reminds me - I got a notice of a DM you sent me on Twitter...at least I think that's what it was, but I looked and it wasn't there.

There are a lot of spam DMs going around on Twitter at the moment.

Pink Floyd's entire discography remastered and repackaged is out today.

Also the 20th Anniversary edition of Nirvana Nevermind with a bunch of b-sides and demos.

I picked up Nevermind as well as The Wall, Wish You Were Here, and Dark Side of the Moon.

I got the Immersion Editions of Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall and Wish You Were Here.

I just listened to The View by Metallica & Lou Reed and what did I just listen to I can't even process this

Ever since they put out a trailer for John Carter that features Peter Gabriel's cover of Arcade Fire's "My Body is a Cage," I've been listening to the album it's from (Scratch My Back) absolutely non-stop.

Peter Gabriel singing "My Body Is A Cage" - must find that.

I hate to admit, I've been on youtube listening to the MLP fan music/mixes. -.-

The upcoming Coldplay album has leaked. Listening now.

I really like it. "Paradise" is great...

I am absolutely astounded as to how bad the Lou Reed/Metallica album "Lulu" is. You can talk as much as you want about how you knew it was going to suck, or how bad Metallica or Lou Reed are, but until you hear this you can't even fathom what it is like. I am absolutely shocked that a record company would release something like this with their name on it. I'm embarrassed for them after listening to it.

It seriously is the worst album ever made.

I am absolutely astounded as to how bad the Lou Reed/Metallica album "Lulu" is. You can talk as much as you want about how you knew it was going to suck, or how bad Metallica or Lou Reed are, but until you hear this you can't even fathom what it is like. I am absolutely shocked that a record company would release something like this with their name on it. I'm embarrassed for them after listening to it.

It seriously is the worst album ever made.
I'm still waiting for the Bono/Guns n' Roses collaboration.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. Any thoughts?

Pretty much in love with most of it. If I passed a song by during my first listen it didn't take me too long to wrapped in the whole album. Noel's going to carry the torch of the Oasis legacy. Liam's selfish destructive antics that a lot of fans loved... well, I just don't think he holds a candle to his older brother. Beady Eye's album definitely had the Oasis sound but was most likely junk that Noel would have never let on any of Oasis albums.

Anyway I have my tickets to see Noel and am looking forward to hearing the new songs and old Oasis songs done by Noel without his kid brother.

Top 3 songs
If I Had A Gun
(Stranded on) The Wrong Beach
The Death of You and Me

Watch the videos
Peyton List (schwing!) is on If I Had a Gun and Russel Brand is on Aka...What a Life

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. Any thoughts?

Listening to it right now, oddly enough. It's good. It sounds exactly like what I would expect a Noel Gallagher album to sound like, for better or worse.

Started listening to Christmas music a few days ago. Every year I try to hold off until the end of November, and every year I end up failing.

Started listening to Christmas music a few days ago. Every year I try to hold off until the end of November, and every year I end up failing.

You are a monster.

The Christmas season starts December 1st. Extenuating circumstances can stretch that to the day after Thanksgiving but that's it.

The Beach Boys The Smile Sessions is out! I just got mine last night.

FOr as choppy and incomplete as it sounds, it sure is amazing to listen to.

You are a monster.

A Holly Jolly Christmas monster.
Rudolph_Bumble.jpg

Extenuating circumstances can stretch that to the day after Thanksgiving but that's it.
and anyway Thanksgiving was almost a month ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back