The Music Thread : It's So Easy To Fly Through A Window

I got tickets to see Radiohead in November. This is the first time they've come to Australia in about eight years and it's my first time seeing my favourite band. I fortunately discovered a pre-sale thing a couple of days before they went on sale to the general public and if I didn't... I don't think I would have got them. They went fast.

They play here tomorrow :( and I'm practically the only one of my friends who doesn't have a ticket. It's going to be a sad, sad, sad night.

Zombipanda said:
I gotta go with Proj on this one, but Mellow Gold is pretty great too.

Have you guys heard his Record Club stuff?

Yeah they were pretty good. I think I liked the INXS Kick one best but it's been a while since I heard them.

Wrecking Ball. Anyone. Not a fan of Working on a Dream and weary of anything new he puts out but I really enjoy Bruce's new one. I usually hate how left-wing he can be but this just seems like it's the perfect political tone.

After a couple listen throughs I could not get into it. I'll try it again later...I've been listening to The Kinks exclusively for about a week.

I'm listening to an album by a band called The Features. One of the songs is in a car commercial. Good stuff.

Also, I recently picked up You Can't Teach An Old Dog New Tricks by Seasick Steve, which is pretty much the best blues album I've ever heard.

I'm listening to an album by a band called The Features. One of the songs is in a car commercial. Good stuff.

Also, I recently picked up You Can't Teach An Old Dog New Tricks by Seasick Steve, which is pretty much the best blues album I've ever heard.

Gave these a run. Def digging The Features better than Seasick Steve. Not really much of a blues guy. But he sounds a bit like if ZZ Top and Steve Earle had a kid imo. (sorta looks like it also :D)

Gave these a run. Def digging The Features better than Seasick Steve. Not really much of a blues guy. But he sounds a bit like if ZZ Top and Steve Earle had a kid imo. (sorta looks like it also :D)

Seasick Steve has a pretty amazing history if you care to read it (Wikipedia). I like him - I love the blues when done right and he definitely does it right. Too many guys just redo old Robert Johnson songs and don't really add much to it.

Thanks for listening to my recommendations. I feel important.

I also just listened to the new Orbital album but it did nothing whatsoever for me.

New releases by Ting Tings (ok if you like that bubblegum pop sound but not as good as their last album) and a release from a couple years ago or so by Shooter Jennings & Hierophant ("Black Ribbons") that I gave a listen to because I read that Stephen King co-wrote some of it. Not bad.

Seasick Steve has a pretty amazing history if you care to read it (Wikipedia). I like him - I love the blues when done right and he definitely does it right. Too many guys just redo old Robert Johnson songs and don't really add much to it.

Yeah he didn't suck by any means. I just wasn't that into it. But in the right mood I could see where his music could appeal to me in the same way bluegrass does. I def thought it was better than most more mainstream blues I have heard.

Thanks for listening to my recommendations. I feel important.

No problem. I am often at work trying to find something to listen too. So when I saw your recommendations I figured I'd give them a listen. I'll listen to anything once. :D

Last edited:
I'll listen to anything once. :D

I follow the same rule generally. There are exceptions that I just will not bother with but I guess more accurately I'll try almost anything new.

Newer albums that are really good:
The Shins - Port of Morrow
Jack White - Blunderbuss
fun. - Some Nights

Newer albums that are pretty good:
Bonnie Raitt - Slipstream
Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball

Ew, Springsteen.....

In random news, Across 110th Street by Bobby Womack may be the greatest song ever written.

Also, anyone who hasn't checked out the first album by this guy Kishi Bashi is doing themselves a disservice. It's good. Very good. He's gonna be big.

Ew, Springsteen.....

Ah, I hadn't realized that Bruce Springsteen hasn't crossed over into snobby music elitist appreciation territory yet. My mistake.

If you can't listen to The Rising or Nebraska without a permanent chill running down your spine you need to retire from listening to music.

Ah, I hadn't realized that Bruce Springsteen hasn't crossed over into snobby music elitist appreciation territory yet. My mistake.

If you can't listen to The Rising or Nebraska without a permanent chill running down your spine you need to retire from listening to music.

Jesus Christ, dude. I just don't like Springsteen. I've never found heartland rock appealing.

Sorry.

Last edited:
I've been on this weird kick of listening to OLD (read 1950's - 1960's) Country & Western, especially the storytelling stuff, like Marty Robbins.

I'm looking forward to the new Tenacious D album in two weeks.

I want it in good quality with all of the bonus tracks.

That's probably out there. I got it at 320kbps but I'm not sure if I got bonus tracks.

I don't usually see any new releases, even leaked ones, under 256kbps.

I've been into TV On The Radio the last couple weeks or so.

Nine Types of Light is one of my all time favorite albums (even though it's barely a year old). Return To Cookie Mountain is also great. Dear Science is pretty, pretty, pretty good. I've just kind of had those three albums on rotation.

There is a new Garbage album 'Not Your Kind of People' which is only OK (their first album was killer).

The new Beach House album 'Bloom' is surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting to like it; Teen Dream didn't really do much for me. Maybe I should give that another listen. I like "The Hours" and "Irene".

The new Jack White album 'Blunderbuss' is very good.

The new Santigold album 'Master Of My Make-Believe' has a few good songs on it...overall it's pretty good.

The new George Harrison demo album 'Early Takes Vol. 1' is very good but very short - barely half and hour.

The new Best Coast album 'The Only Place' is pretty good...pretty much more of the same.

Latest posts

Back