The new greatest invention ever

And furthermore, why the hell would you go on and on about Blu-Ray

I don't think I've ever "gone on" about Blu-Ray.

But anyway, a Blu-Ray disc holds one movie. Hook a hard drive up to one of these babies and you can put as many on as the disc can hold. A guy I work with has a 1.5TB drive with over 200 movies on it.

how does it make it easier or better to watch movies?

:arrgh:

Apparently my new internet provider in Australia will be able to transmit files from the computer to the TV wirelessly for me to watch for free. I guess I'll just have to figure out how.

I just watched Hancock on this and browsed some of the other features. It has a feature that lets you browse Youtube videos as well as videos from CNN and a few dozen other sites, Flickr, and other sites.

I just started an ambitious new project. I am going to rip all of our DVDs and put them all in a central location for watching on the Popcorn Hour. This is major due to the amount of time it will take; I'm sure plenty of people have more DVDs than I do but there's still a lot to do. I'm working on the TV shows first, and a couple of movies I really like that I don't already have HD versions of (like Bowfinger). I started Justice League and tomorrow I should be able to start on Seinfeld, Arrested Development, and Transformers Animated.

I will probably burn out on it before I can make a dent in the whole thing.

I just discovered last week, that this Popcorn Hour thing is something my father has had for months prior to this thread.

That's being Asian for you, you don't realize you have totally awesome gizmos because they're lying around right next to all the other awesome gizmos.

I just discovered last week, that this Popcorn Hour thing is something my father has had for months prior to this thread.

That's being Asian for you, you don't realize you have totally awesome gizmos because they're lying around right next to all the other awesome gizmos.

You better not already have a time machine?

Note to self: convert to Asianity.

I think the new internet service I'm looking at can do this for me as long as I have a suitable television. I hope so, because I will totally download more movies if I can watch them on a TV instead of a computer screen.

I think the new internet service I'm looking at can do this for me as long as I have a suitable television. I hope so, because I will totally download more movies if I can watch them on a TV instead of a computer screen.

What I like about this thing is that I have the movies on the hard drive; not only can I watch it on my TV OR computer, but I can watch it on any TV, regardless of whether or not it is HD or connected to the web.

I love this thing so much. I just downloaded all episodes of Transformers G1 and streamed them over my home network to watch them with my son. I'm also downloading M.A.S.K. and even downloaded 30gb worth of The Flintstones.

Proj, did you say you got a WD TV?

I love this thing so much. I just downloaded all episodes of Transformers G1 and streamed them over my home network to watch them with my son. I'm also downloading M.A.S.K. and even downloaded 30gb worth of The Flintstones.

Proj, did you say you got a WD TV?

I have an HD TV and a WD Media Player which connects to an external harddrive and plays the files from that.

It's great so far.

I have an HD TV and a WD Media Player which connects to an external harddrive and plays the files from that.

It's great so far.

Have you ripped any DVDs to the drive yourself or is it all downloaded?

In Asia, Popcorn Hour is going to become a portable device that also makes egg muffins very soon, sometime around September.

In Asia, Popcorn Hour is going to become a portable device that also makes egg muffins very soon, sometime around September.

This is the kind of stuff I'd like to see Reed Richards inventing.

In related news, I finally figured out all of the right settings for ripping DVDs so they can be played on Popcorn Hour and iTunes/iPod/iPhone with no problems. I was getting audio problems on PCH, then I was struggling with making M4V files that could play on the iPod.

No I just need to rip all of my DVDs so I can put them in storage and clean out the front closet.

Have you ripped any DVDs to the drive yourself or is it all downloaded?

I do have some DVDs I ripped but never got around to watching on it but it's mainly just movies and TV shows I've downloaded.

Latest posts

Back