The Phoenix shall- what? Back Again?!!

I'm just remembering to so i could be wrong. But that brings up the whole argument of is thinking about it just as bad, esepcially with telepaths??

Caduceus said:
I'm just remembering to so i could be wrong. But that brings up the whole argument of is thinking about it just as bad, esepcially with telepaths??

I think my wife would be a little bit more annoyed with me if she caught me having sex with someone as opposed to just thinking about it. :shock:

I don't have anything against the Phoenix/Jean return. The only thing that annoys me is that they try to sell it as a big tragedy when she dies, but every reader knows that Jean is just taking a nap. Phoenix death should be treated like Kenny's death in South Park:

-Oh my god, Jean is dead!
-You bastards!!

mutantfreak said:
Phoenix death should be treated like Kenny's death in South Park:

-You bastards!!

:lol:

But as of right now, in this mini, Jean is dead herself, and the Phoenix force is looking for her.

mutantfreak said:
I don't have anything against the Phoenix/Jean return. The only thing that annoys me is that they try to sell it as a big tragedy when she dies, but every reader knows that Jean is just taking a nap. Phoenix death should be treated like Kenny's death in South Park:

-You bastards!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love it.

You can just see Scott with no neck and a strange hat "You Bastards!!!"

Its great

Don't mean to get all Claremont on you, but nothing can kill Phoenix. It's life incarnate; life itself. You can contain it, but not kill it.

here we go, the phoenix is energy, energy never dies it just changes form, blahdeblahdeblah.

Let me phrase the question for the not so pedantic of you out there :wink:

How would you contain the Phoenix?

longshotjimlee said:
What can kill Phoenix?

I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of the Xavier protocols. Was there a protocol for the Phoenix/Jean as the Phoenix?

UltimateE said:
I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of the Xavier protocols. Was there a protocol for the Phoenix/Jean as the Phoenix?

Maybe. I doubt it. They would need to know everything on the Phoenix, which I don't think they did.

But still, it would only be to hurt Jean really. They might have had a way to hold the Phoenix, but not kill it. I've read in different places where people have tried to (including the S'hiar), but had no luck.

Not surprising really. Every hardcore X-fan will be after this story, good or bad. From what i've heard, its not too bad at all.

Nope, it's not bad at all. It really is good!! Greg Pak (writer) has even given that nerd guy who started the "Riot at Xaviers" a cameo!

And OH. MY. GOD. The art by Greg Land? AWESOME!!!!!! :D If you think his covers are great, check out the inside art! Oh man, he's gonna do sooooooo great on UFF.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks to DJF giving us the link to see the whole preview of UXM #55, I saw that there was a preview for Phoenix: Endsong #2 (of 5). It's the WHOLE preview. And man, I'm loving Greg Pak. The art is just so.....so beautiful. :cry:

And looks like the Quire kid is gonna have more than a cameo! You guys gotta check this out. Definetly worth getting. :p

I actually thought the art was a bit dodgy. There were some very good bits and some really terrible bits. Plot was interesting though

P.S. Emma Frost is kinky. What a surprise

Latest posts

Back