The Phoenix shall- what? Back Again?!!

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Okay, let me get this out. We all know she wasnt staying dead for long. Come on! Who actually thought that?

Anyway, here's a cover for the first issue of the Phoenix series. Whether its a mini or ongoing, not sure. But maybe you guys can find it here:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17672

And here is the cover:

Phoenix01__col2.jpg


*Edit:
*Sketches can be found in the same link above.*

So what are your thoughts on this fellow board members?
 

sto110

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
136
Location
PA
i remember reading somewhere that this may be just about the pheonix and jean may not appear in this book. I highly doubt that. I dont mind them bringing her back that is kinda the nature of the character but why a mini series? it is just a blatent way to milk more $$ out of people. They should bring her back in the pages of one of the many x-books if they want her to return.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
And this is not necessarily a return; this could be a flashback story. I didn't read the solit so I don't know.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
It's supposed to come out sometime in 2005 . Again, hasn't been officially said whether its an ongoing or mini.

But if anyone has noticed, without Jean, they dont really mention or show the Phoenix.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Ok, I was thinking of this:

(All this is hypethetical)

Let's say they bring back Jean in a later arc of Astonishing. Cyclops and Emma are really into each other. Do you guys think that Jean would go with Logan, or try to go back with Scott?

All this came to my head just by looking at the sketch picture with Logan in it.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Just read in Wizard that it is going to be a mini (as I figured). It's going to be called "Dark Phoenix". It's going to be a 5 issue mini that starts in January 2005.

The writer (Greg Pak) says that it's going to be the last Jean Grey/Phoenix story--ever! Don't know if this is meant as a joke or what.

And Greg Land isn't just doing the covers, he's also the artist on the book.
 

eroz

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
758
Location
chicagoland
man....I still haven't gotten my issue of Wizard....:( the art looks pretty good, but there is something about wolverine....not sure what it is...
 

René

Starring in "The Longest Yard", opening Memorial D
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
1,249
Location
Bay Area
Im kinda tired of the whole Dark Phoneix thing. I love the character but shes been dead and shes come back so many times, that its annoying. I might pick it up. Not 100% sure
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
It looks like it's Phoenix that's coming back, not Jean. Well...check this out:

X-MEN: PHOENIX - ENDSONG #1 & 2 (of 5)
Written by GREG PAK
Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND


Industry superstar Greg Land and rising star Greg Pak begin their amazing X-Men work here! The mysterious and powerful PHOENIX FORCE is life incarnate, and yet it consumes whole worlds in a moment. Its long history with the X-Men is fraught with tragedy…especially concerning one of the most beloved of their number, JEAN GREY. What will happen when the Phoenix returns to Earth in search of the one mortal who could ever contain its power…only to find her dead?

(Taken from: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=4343)
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
René said:
Im kinda tired of the whole Dark Phoneix thing. I love the character but shes been dead and shes come back so many times, that its annoying. I might pick it up. Not 100% sure

When people say this it strikes me as funny - and I mean absolutely no offense by this - but the entire point of the Phoenix is that it dies and rises again. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix

XTFLyons said:
What is this wolverine crap with Jean?? totally know nothing about this... help me out

Well he ends up with her anyway in Earth X...sort of... :shock:
 

longshotjimlee

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
966
Location
Mojoworld
UltimateE said:
When people say this it strikes me as funny - and I mean absolutely no offense by this - but the entire point of the Phoenix is that it dies and rises again. :wink:


It gets on my nerves when Marvel kill people off only to bring them back again later.
 

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,491
Location
Australia
XTF, surely you know about Wolvie and Jean. I know you say you don't read 616 but this is all through Ultimate X-men as well. It was on a bit of a high note because towards the end of Morrison's run in New X-men, Scott was having telepathic sex with Emma and Jean was wandering around in the woods hitting on Wolverine (rejected too).

I'm still laughing about the issue where the word sex appeared like times or something just in the background.

Again, the preview looks absolutely fantastic. i thought it was actually quite funny. For a little while, that dragonfly was capable of destroying the earth.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Caduceus said:
XTF, surely you know about Wolvie and Jean. I know you say you don't read 616 but this is all through Ultimate X-men as well. It was on a bit of a high note because towards the end of Morrison's run in New X-men, Scott was having telepathic sex with Emma and Jean was wandering around in the woods hitting on Wolverine (rejected too).

I'm still laughing about the issue where the word sex appeared like times or something just in the background.

Again, the preview looks absolutely fantastic. i thought it was actually quite funny. For a little while, that dragonfly was capable of destroying the earth.

'Sex' appearing all over was pretty funny.

I'd have to go back and look, but I thought Scott was just thinking about having an affair with Emma - he didn't actually do it.
 

Latest posts

Top