The Pixar Thread

bluebeast said:
The level of hate for Larry the Cable Guy here is proportionate to how many teeth you have.

Post of the Day.

Even though I fell asleep for half the movie -- my mom wanted to go to the 11am screening on a weekend! -- I enjoyed CARS 2 much more the second time around. I saw it in 3D this time, and it was the first time the 3D really added something to a PIXAR film. (I'm upset I fell asleep, because I paid extra for the 3D and then missed out on half of it; I'm definitely not going to see it a third time, though.) A friend of mine said he enjoyed the film far more on a second viewing, too, so this may be common if you don't *really* really like it the first time around. A definite B+, and either a high *** or low ***1/2 (out of 4).

Has no one else here really seen it yet?

Even though I fell asleep for half the movie -- my mom wanted to go to the 11am screening on a weekend! -- I enjoyed CARS 2 much more the second time around. I saw it in 3D this time, and it was the first time the 3D really added something to a PIXAR film. (I'm upset I fell asleep, because I paid extra for the 3D and then missed out on half of it; I'm definitely not going to see it a third time, though.) A friend of mine said he enjoyed the film far more on a second viewing, too, so this may be common if you don't *really* really like it the first time around. A definite B+, and either a high *** or low ***1/2 (out of 4).

Has no one else here really seen it yet?

Not until it's out on video. My kids don't really have any interest in it. They weren't really all that into the first Cars either.

Cars isn't a bad movie (I haven't seen Cars 2) but I think the lower (compared to other Pixar films, at least) ratings are justified because nothing that involves Larry the Cable Guy deserves to be taken seriously enough to give it a good review.

They did the same thing when Toy Story 3 came out.

Of course that's comparing the need for a Toy Story trilogy collection to the two Car's movies and straight to DVD Larry the Cable Guy flicks.

Although it was 1 or 2 less discs and the original price was not that high.

Today I bought the Incredibles on Bluray as it was on sale. After re-watching it, It's not as bad I use to think. Sure it's not as good as other Pixar films IMO like "Toy story" "wall-e" or "cars" but its better than a bugs a life or monster inc. I laughed more this time than before but still found a lot of it dull.

However the bluray extra "Jack Jack Attacks" = hilarious :lol: I loved the scene
where the baby sister is showing him cards and shows him one of a fire, and the baby lights on fire as she freaks out.
That scene = my favourite incredible related scene.

So yes not as bad as I thought. Still not great but fun if i'm in the mood.

Really? I'm surprised you didn't enjoy it that much. But, I suppose WALL•E, UP, and TOY STORY 3 are better.

Until I watch THE INCREDIBLES again and then it's the best one ever. :p

Really? I'm surprised you didn't enjoy it that much.

I think my biggest problem is most of the "clever ideas" and jokes, were done so many times in the past. Not all but most. In stuff like Mystery Men , Walter Melon or even the show My Hero.

I'm not saying they ripped all that off at all. It's just with seeing all the above and more when it happened it just felt so "been there" You know what I mean? Now the older stuff is more out of my mind its more fun but at first it bored me.

I know that's an unpopular opinion here and that's okay. But I was watching it just feeling bored the first time. Now I've changed my mind and realise it's not as bad. In fact like i said if I'm in the mood I'll watch it again it's fun.

But the stuff in was done better before the film and since the film stuff like "Megamind" have done it better and with more original stuff too. Still a fun film even if not my favourite pixar movie.

The Toy Story movies are the only Pixars even arguably better than The Incredibles.

That's cool if you think that. Personally the one's I enjoyed more =

Toy Story 1,2 + 3 ,Ratatouille, Finding Nemo, Cars, Up and WALL-E.

BUT it's better than Bugs life and Monsters Inc. as those 2 are just bad IMO.

I love the Incredibles. So much. I really wish they would make a sequel.

I'm not sure which Pixar movie is better, but I really like Toy Story 3, Up, and the Incredibles - all for very different reasons, which make them hard to compare.

It really switches between Finding Nemo and Incredibles for me. Ah Pixar.

Last edited:
[video=vimeo;28014535]http://vimeo.com/28014535[/video]

Lassiter: "A challenge in Brave! Try to find the Pizza truck there." :lol:

I think my biggest problem is most of the "clever ideas" and jokes, were done so many times in the past. Not all but most. In stuff like Mystery Men , Walter Melon or even the show My Hero.

I'm not saying they ripped all that off at all. It's just with seeing all the above and more when it happened it just felt so "been there" You know what I mean? Now the older stuff is more out of my mind its more fun but at first it bored me.

I know that's an unpopular opinion here and that's okay. But I was watching it just feeling bored the first time. Now I've changed my mind and realise it's not as bad. In fact like i said if I'm in the mood I'll watch it again it's fun.

But the stuff in was done better before the film and since the film stuff like "Megamind" have done it better and with more original stuff too. Still a fun film even if not my favourite pixar movie.

That's cool if you think that. Personally the one's I enjoyed more =

Toy Story 1,2 + 3 ,Ratatouille, Finding Nemo, Cars, Up and WALL-E.

BUT it's better than Bugs life and Monsters Inc. as those 2 are just bad IMO.

I love the Incredibles. So much. I really wish they would make a sequel.

I'm not sure which Pixar movie is better, but I really like Toy Story 3, Up, and the Incredibles - all for very different reasons, which make them hard to compare.

It really switches between Finding Nemo and Incredibles for me. Ah Pixar.

For me, it's whatever one I just saw.

So, CARS, at the moment.

Latest posts

Back