The Possible Future of Spidey Games.

the watcher

I kind of don't want to start a new thread for this, but I doubt a lot of people are going to go into the "Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows" thread if I post this there. So here's the scoop, fourteen concepts for potential Spider-Man games have been leaked out of Microsoft and Activision.

Here's the full list:

* Spider-Man: Agile Warrior (Wii) - Let's players control Spidey with the Wii Balance Board

* Spider-Man: Hero Evolved (360, PS3, Wii) - Play as the son of Spider-Man in 2064 using spider powers and future tech to battle villains

* Spider-Man: New Heights (360, PS3, Wii) - Upgrade Spidey's abilities as he moves from battling low level gangs to famous foes at New York City's skyline

* Spider-Man: Gangs of New York (360, PS3, Wii) - Gangs take over the city and Spidey must pit them against each other

* Spider-Man: Adaptation (360, PS3, Wii) - Spidey travels all over the globe, from Tokyo to Paris to Moscow to take out his foes

* Marvel Team Up: Spider-Man Meets the X-Men (360, PS3, Wii) - Doctor Octopus and Magneto team up to take on Spidey and the X-men in locations like Manhattan and the Savage Land via two-player coop play

* Spider-Man: Contest of Champions (360, PS3, Wii) - Destructable fighter for 2-4 players with Spider-Man, Venom, Wolverine, Electro, Doc Oc, Carnage and Green Goblin

* Spider-Man: Mass Evolution (360, PS3, Wii) - Spidey's skills, from speed to strength to spider-senses are upgradeable as you play

* Spider-Man: Chaos (360, PS3, Wii) - Spidey has 8 hours of frenetic action to save the city from certain doom

* Spider-Man: Tactics (360, PS3, Wii) - A stealthy and strategic Spidey game

* Spider-Man: Vision (360, PS3, Wii) - First- and third-person gameplay, Spidey style

* Spider-Man vs. Marvel Zombies (360, PS3, Wii) - Spidey takes on the undead of the Marvel Universe in the future

* Spider-Man: Webmaster (Wii) - Uses a web shooter game controller for third person action

* Spider-Man: Webslinger (360, PS3, Wii) - Use precision web aiming to target enemies, build web slingshots and snipe enemies

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=191007

Last edited:
Spider-Man/X-Men: YES!

I actually made a thread on Spider-Man vs Marvel Zombies when it was mentioned earlier this year. But there hasn't been any info since.

Spider-Man: Tactics sounds like it can be good.

Last edited:
Out of those I would want
  • Spider-Man: Hero Evolved
  • Spider-Man: Contest of Champions
  • Spider-Man vs. Marvel Zombies

I like these just because they seem so different to what we have gotten. Spider-man 2 - Web of shadows have pretty much been the same game just different story and different foes.

Spider-Man: Hero Evolved sounds pretty damn unique plus if you are his son then hopefully it'll have customisation in looks and clothes. Also with it not been Peter Parker it leads it much more open in to what he can do.

Spider-Man: Contest of Champions sounds like that ea game that was cancelled which looked like Marvel nemisis but good. That could be pretty damn cool if it was Marvel Contest of Champions featuring all the heroes and villains but a Spider-man one would also be cool if it has more characters than mentioned.

Spider-Man vs. Marvel Zombies I could have sworn I heard about this a while ago. I think Ice posted it. Which could mean that is the direction they take. As long as it isn't web of shadows but replace symboites with zombies.

What I would like most of all would be a Spider-Man 2-like game of Ocarina Of Time length that is adapted from what I'd call the Golden Age Of Spidey Comics, i.e. from Amazing Fantasy #15 to 1980 via The Amazing Spider-Man. Have it take place over the course of several years. It could be in the 60s or modern day, it could work great both ways. Get to play as Peter Parker aplenty. Fill it with side-quests and street problems. Have all the major villains of the era feature over the course of the game with schemes directly adapted from their exploits in the comic. Have a level where Peter's powers repress and you have to do something as a regular human. Make it an RPG with dialouge options and affecting choices. You know the drill. Wouldn't it be grand.:)

What I would like most of all would be a Spider-Man 2-like game of Ocarina Of Time length that is adapted from what I'd call the Golden Age Of Spidey Comics, i.e. from Amazing Fantasy #15 to 1980 via The Amazing Spider-Man. Have it take place over the course of several years. It could be in the 60s or modern day, it could work great both ways. Get to play as Peter Parker aplenty. Fill it with side-quests and street problems. Have all the major villains of the era feature over the course of the game with schemes directly adapted from their exploits in the comic. Have a level where Peter's powers repress and you have to do something as a regular human. Make it an RPG with dialouge options and affecting choices. You know the drill. Wouldn't it be grand.:)

I would love that sans options/choice I find things like that gimmicky and a bit of a waste most of the time.

Well, in games like Mass Effect it allows to actually alter the entire plot of the game and access different levels and stuff, but I can see what you mean in some cases. The dialogue bit, for me, just always makes it feel more real and emotionally involving. So much of that era of the comic was about his friends and family that it's something I think would really work here.

Last edited:
Well, in games like Mass Effect it allows to actually alter the entire plot of the game and access different levels and stuff, but I can see what you mean in some cases. The dialogue bit, for me, just always makes it feel more real and emotionally involving. So much of that era of the comic was about his friends and family that it's something I think would really work here.

Well it's like for every Mass Effect there's a dozen or more of pointless "choices" in games. But things like maybe romantic interests can shift or change, his relationship with friends, so it's an interesting idea to apply but unrealistic to turn out good.

Contest of Champions sounds like fun though like Mole said it would be better if it was Marvel Characters in general.

Latest posts

Back