The Post-Flashpoint DC Comics Reboot

Any one know what's gonna happen to the young justice comic.
And is dc , gonna, run a separate kids line?

I just want to know what they're doing with Wally. Barry's still the Flash (a younger one at that) and Bart appears to be the Kid Flash in Teen Titans. It's a shame he's been pushed out of the mainstream so much in little over a year after being the main man for two decades.

tumblr_lmp9a8P2ZT1qcaee5o1_500.png

Some of the re designed costumes look a little off, but I can't judge these books off of a cover. Very interested to see how these stories play out. They have me following flashpoint and I haven't bought a comic in 8 months.

*just facepalms*

I think I am going to sit down and do my own redesigns.

*just facepalms*

I think I am going to sit down and do my own redesigns.

Me too.

Let's make a competition out of this.

I'm gonna go ahead and warn you, though.

'cuz I'm the best.

Around.

No one's ever gonna bring me down.

We've got full Solicits HERE

So lets see what I'm getting from DC that month...

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
THE FURY OF FIRESTORM #1
ACTION COMICS #1
GREEN LANTERN #1
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS #1
RED LANTERNS #1
SWAMP THING #1
RESURRECTION MAN #1
STORMWATCH #1
GRIFTER #1
ALL-STAR WESTERN #1
BLUE BEETLE #1
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1
LEGION LOST #1

Wow. 15 Books. That's more than doubling my DC Pull. Oh well, half of these will be cancled in 6 months.

I'm going to be crazy and try all of them.

:?

Yeah, I don't really get the point of all this. Just seems like the cheapest kind of meaningless, 90s gimmickry. And the new costumes look atrocious. Ugh Ugh Ugh. I'll try out Batwoman and Superman for obvious reasons but I have a bad feeling about all this. I worry with how sudden this change is that Morrison isn't really going to have his heart in writing Superman and they're just using his name to sell books until they let him go back to Batman.

Speaking of Morrison, I've been rereading New X-Men and reading up on some of the stuff that's happened with the X-Men books since then and it really annoys me the way Marvel and DC have trampled over his generally brilliant attempts at actually bringing change to mainstream superhero comics (I can't remember the whole story with Final Crisis, but I seem to remember a lot of the problems surrounding it having to do with DC saying no to a lot of his ideas and severely limiting what he was allowed to do) but will gladly restart their entire universe in service of what looks to be an incredibly bland, typical summer "event".

:?

Yeah, I don't really get the point of all this. Just seems like the cheapest kind of meaningless, 90s gimmickry. And the new costumes look atrocious. Ugh Ugh Ugh. I'll try out Batwoman and Superman for obvious reasons but I have a bad feeling about all this. I worry with how sudden this change is that Morrison isn't really going to have his heart in writing Superman and they're just using his name to sell books until they let him go back to Batman.

Speaking of Morrison, I've been rereading New X-Men and reading up on some of the stuff that's happened with the X-Men books since then and it really annoys me the way Marvel and DC have trampled over his generally brilliant attempts at actually bringing change to mainstream superhero comics (I can't remember the whole story with Final Crisis, but I seem to remember a lot of the problems surrounding it having to do with DC saying no to a lot of his ideas and severely limiting what he was allowed to do) but will gladly restart their entire universe in service of what looks to be an incredibly bland, typical summer "event".

The rumor is, Final Crisis was originally supposed to lead to a reboot like this, but Levitz vetoed the idea.

Looking back at FC, that makes a LOT of sense.

The thing about it is, the books I read anyway either exist or have the writer involved in an equivalent book. A lot of the new books look worse than the old books, but since I didn't read those old books anyway, what do I care? Plus, there's a bunch of cool stuff on the fringe of the lines with the reintegration of Wildstorm and Vertigo. So bully for DC!

Last edited:
It would have made a lot more sense after Final Crisis (or even Infinite Crisis instead of the whole One Year Later thing).

The rumor is, Final Crisis was originally supposed to lead to a reboot like this, but Levitz vetoed the idea.

Looking back at FC, that makes a LOT of sense.

The thing about it is, the books I read anyway either exist or have the writer involved in an equivalent book. A lot of the new books look worse than the old books, but since I didn't read those old books anyway, what do I care? Plus, there's a bunch of cool stuff on the fringe of the lines with the reintegration of Wildstorm and Vertigo. So bully for DC!
Yeah, that's it. As far as I can remember, Morrison wanted to end Final Crisis with the major DC heroes all dying or retiring and the titles being passed to the next generation, while the actual flagship Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman books would take place in a simplified, more accessible, All-Star style universe where Clark Kent is still Superman, Bruce Wayne is still Batman, etc. I can't remember where I read all this though so perhaps I am making it up.

That would have been a meaningful and inventive way of breathing new life into the DC Universe. This just seems weak and meaningless. That being said, sure, some of these books could be great, despite how they look.

Latest posts

Back