The Post-Flashpoint DC Comics Reboot

tumblr_lmp9a8P2ZT1qcaee5o1_500.png

It's like I can actually see the title being replaced with the word "POINTLESS" in the same font at the top, so hard.

Too small a change to grab new readers or whatever, just big enough to piss off everybody who already cares. And they even, ever so slightly, had to give him those glowing red "badass" eyes; a final and fitting "**** you" to folks like me.

I'm going to be crazy and try all of them.

Same here. And...

It's not as crazy as if you tried all of them and paid for all of them.

Post of the Day. :lol:

Too small a change to grab new readers or whatever, just big enough to piss off everybody who already cares.

That is it EXACTLY. Zero percent of the new readers they pick on this, assuming there are any, will be doing so because of the costume changes, and most/all of the other current readers seem to be griping because there's no point in the changes. They are just dumb.

Has DC, whether in interviews or press releases or whatever, given "credit" to anyone for the changes? It almost seems like they think and expect this to be one of the big "features" of the reboot, but the changes are so arbitrary and meaningless that they could not possibly have put any thought into them.

"I don't know about you, but someone should give him a job, no?"

No, they ****ing shouldn't. They should fire him from the job he doesn't have.

Really? I think the actual art is great. It's the design that's terrible.

Really? I think the actual art is great. It's the design that's terrible.

Well it's that artist that gave him the glowing red eyes and even more shiny metallic curves and Power Ranger arbitrariness. The S looks bad and Superman's face looks like a bloated, fake-tanned version of Ted Mosby.

The actual dimensions of his body are fine, I guess.

Last edited:
I guess we should have known; it is different from the costume on Action Comics #1.

I guess we should have known; it is different from the costume on Action Comics #1.

But it is the same costume on George Perez's Superman cover.

In another 5 years DC will reboot everything again with "Infinite Crisis on Final Crisis!"

Last edited:
It's weird Morrison actually wanted Final Crises to live up to its name and be final. But Didio's right that'd be stupid.

Read this today, and the letters from Damien to Dick actually had me tearing up at the end.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/06/23/robin-damian-wayne-letters-dick-grayson-nightwing/

That is adorable. And now I really, REALLY hate that they won't be teamed up any more.

As cute as that is, though, I don't think Damien would have the handwriting of a normal 10-year old (or write with crayons). I prefer to think he can write like an adult and could even mimic writing styles. :)

That is adorable. And now I really, REALLY hate that they won't be teamed up any more.

As cute as that is, though, I don't think Damien would have the handwriting of a normal 10-year old (or write with crayons). I prefer to think he can write like an adult and could even mimic writing styles. :)

Oh i agree on all counts, but it still doesn't stop it from being painfully adorable, or making me hate DiDio for messing with the Dick/Damien dynamic.

or making me hate DiDio for messing with the Dick/Damien dynamic.

Yeah, I'd love to know the reasoning behind that. It's not like it didn't work.

Yeah, I'd love to know the reasoning behind that. It's not like it didn't work.

the reasoning is simple, DiDio's an idiot, he makes Quesada look competent

Latest posts

Back