The Prisoner

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
amc-the-prisoner-comic-con-two.jpg

About 10 minutes of footage shown at San Diego...

I've been excited for this since it was announced. The original Prisoner was a very interesting show and I'm hoping this will not only have the same tone and feeling but also provide us with a fully intact story. It looks good so far.

Out of curiosity I watched the final episode. Now I knew that the ending was going to be ambiguous and confusing. But the whole Dem Bones scene just completely blew my mind. I just don't get that

The original series was fantastic!! To bring it around to comics: If you read Umbrella Academy, it obviously had a strong influence on Gerard Way.

Hurm.

I'm watching COLUMBO these days, and am currently watching an episode with Patrick McGoohan.

The fact that McGoohan is in the pilot, as Number 6 and that he 'got out', is all kinds of awesome.

Unfortunately, the rest of it looks like a tarted up hybrid of PRISON BREAK and LOST. It lacks the inherent distinctive look the original had. I don't mean that the new one should look the same, only that the village should just look odd. It doesn't. It looks kinda a bit like THE TRUMAN SHOW. It looks very typical 50s Americana - like the model village in CRYSTAL SKULL, and everyone is wearing very regular clothes.

It might be good (it doesn't look awful or anything), but nothing in the trailer made me think it would be. I'd've preferred a 10-minute scene like the bank robbery from THE DARK KNIGHT to a 10-minute trailer of stuff we'll see throughout the entire season. :/

So... not too excited, but I'll definitely give it a looksee in November. No questions 'bout that.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I watched the final episode. Now I knew that the ending was going to be ambiguous and confusing. But the whole Dem Bones scene just completely blew my mind. I just don't get that

haha, yeah, i watched the orginal with my dad when i was a kid (our library had all the episodes on VHS) I got to the last episode and was so confused! "Dem bones, dem bones, dem DRRRYYYY Bones!"

This looks so good! I hope it will be streaming online so i can watch it!

(i was so excited to see Rover, I can't even tell you)

haha, yeah, i watched the orginal with my dad when i was a kid (our library had all the episodes on VHS) I got to the last episode and was so confused! "Dem bones, dem bones, dem DRRRYYYY Bones!"

I got why 48 was singing it, but I just don't get why all the white ropes joined in, the preceding dialog went by way to quick for me to get what the **** they were saying

Me too! Just saw that one last week. Columbo is the best.

Columbo is all kinds of awesome. But there's at least TWO McGoohan episodes. One where he's a spy, and another where he's the principal of a military school. I was watching the spy one.

Also, I'm watching the ONLY episode of Columbo where you don't see who the murderer is and it's revealed at the end in a "all the suspects sit in a room while the detective reveals the identity of the murderer" scene which Columbo NEVER has.

It's directed by McGoohan. Odd fellow.

It's directed by McGoohan. Odd fellow.

He really is, I mean I read what the original direct of the Prisoner had planned and it made sense. But he left the show due to creative differences and what we got in the end was McGoohan's self view about conformity which is damn odd.

Anyone catch this on AMC? It's a remake of a show that inspired Lost. Ian McKlellan and Jim Caveizal star...

From what I saw it was alright but I don't know if I'll continue to watch or not. It wasn't too weird, but I really feel like if I want to know what happens I can just read about it from what happened in the television series before it.

I caught most of it and I generally agree. I really don't like the brainwashing "there is only the village" thing going on. Ever since I saw the concept in the trailer I was turned off. I love the original's concept as a prison for spies to be mentally broken down. But this seems very lame. It was incredible well made I loved how they got top movie actors for the lead. Caviezel's Number 6 is great. I love the scene where he lists everything about the towns people of just casual observation.

I was really excited for this until I saw the near-universal panning it got. I decided to skip it.

They also aired all 6 episodes over 3 days which seems like a strange decision...

I'm still downloading the first 2 episodes. I have low expectations so maybe I'll actually enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back