The Return of Random… with a BIG surprise!

Because I'm so awesome, not only did I put the order in (on Sunday) for The UC Movie DVD, but I also got The Mike Weiss Show. Booyah!

Because I'm so awesome, not only did I put the order in (on Sunday) for The UC Movie DVD, but I also got The Mike Weiss Show. Booyah!

You also got The College Years: Season 1. See this is why Ice is more awesome then the rest of you

Okay, I'm trying to record my lines for the UC Flash, but I can't seem to get the playback to work properly.

I've been recording into audacity, and then playing it back and it comes out fine, but when I save the file into both MP3 and WAV formats, I get some weird squeaking and squawking that ISN'T in the project file. Anybody know how to deal with this?

Okay, I'm trying to record my lines for the UC Flash, but I can't seem to get the playback to work properly.

I've been recording into audacity, and then playing it back and it comes out fine, but when I save the file into both MP3 and WAV formats, I get some weird squeaking and squawking that ISN'T in the project file. Anybody know how to deal with this?

When I recorded mine, I found the simple Sound Recorder program that comes with Windows to work fine.

I found Audacity to be too cumbersome to work with cause it creates those two files whenever you record one line.

Hurm... no idea. You could try noise removal, highlight only the section with the noise, got to effect and Noise Removal, click Get Noise Profile. Then highlight the entire project and got to effect and Noise Removal and play around with the reduction levels and play the preview to see if that gets rid of the noise.

That's about all I can think of. If that doesn't work you can send the wav file to me and I can try and figure it out
When I recorded mine, I found the simple Sound Recorder program that comes with Windows to work fine.

I found Audacity to be too cumbersome to work with cause it creates those two files whenever you record one line.

That's why you only should just save as a wav file, there's no need to save the project. in fact you can just deleted the audio track after each recording and record a new one

Last edited:
Hurm... no idea. You could try noise removal, highlight only the section with the noise, got to effect and Noise Removal, click Get Noise Profile. Then highlight the entire project and got to effect and Noise Removal and play around with the reduction levels and play the preview to see if that gets rid of the noise.

That's about all I can think of. If that doesn't work you can send the wav file to me and I can try and figure it out
GAH, I figured it out. I forgot to re-enable Sound Acceleration in my DXDIAG panel. I had to disable it to run some game that was giving me problems. With acceleration off it totally explains why Audacity plays the recording fine but Winamp muddles it. Thanks for the help anyway.

Random said:
That's why you only should just save as a wav file, there's no need to save the project. in fact you can just deleted the audio track after each recording and record a new one
EXACTLY. I just export straight and half the time I don't bother with saving the project files unless I REALLY plan to do anything with them or they're works in progress.

GAH, I figured it out. I forgot to re-enable Sound Acceleration in my DXDIAG panel. I had to disable it to run some game that was giving me problems. With acceleration off it totally explains why Audacity plays the recording fine but Winamp muddles it. Thanks for the help anyway.

Well... that made little sense to me but what ever

Latest posts

Back