Avengers The Sentry's Fate

How will Bendis handle the Sentry in the New Avengers?

• Total voters
UltimateE said:
Baxter is right, BUT I'm totally expecting Bendis to change this so that Sentry can be used normally.

I'm confused... Bax, do you believe they're the same or not. Yes or No? And E if they're not the same person there's no need for them to change anything. Well wait... of course there will be changes but that's a conflict/solution type deal... Do you mean that Bendis will change the whole concept of relationship between Sentry/Void?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm confused... Bax, do you believe they're the same or not. Yes or No? And E if they're not the same person there's no need for them to change anything. Well wait... of course there will be changes but that's a conflict/solution type deal... Do you mean that Bendis will change the whole concept of relationship between Sentry/Void?
They're the same person phisicly. They share the same body, but the Void isn't the original mind. It's a creation of The Sentry to give him an enemy on the same power level as himself. He has total control of The Void subconsiously, but is unable to exert this due to precreated bariers in his own mind, wich The Void more than wants to keep in place.

It's like Fight Club, if that helps any.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Do you mean that Bendis will change the whole concept of relationship between Sentry/Void?

Or at least a significant part of it, if not eliminating the Void making Sentry powerful enough to keep him in check.

I would prefer that Void stays and just that Sentry is able to keep him in check. I would like the idea of, say, having to monitor Sentry when he sleeps or something like that because Void can get out or something. I don't know; I'm just thinking out loud so to speak.

UltimateE said:
Or at least a significant part of it, if not eliminating the Void making Sentry powerful enough to keep him in check.

I would prefer that Void stays and just that Sentry is able to keep him in check. I would like the idea of, say, having to monitor Sentry when he sleeps or something like that because Void can get out or something. I don't know; I'm just thinking out loud so to speak.
What if they find a way to keep physical manifistations from cropping up, but The Void is still there in THe Sentry's mind, chipping away at his confidance? Having a completly evil being sitting opn your shoulder, critiquing everything you do would be like a living hell.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So what's our takes now?

I personally am no closer to having any idea. If anything I'm more confused.

Curse you, Bendis.

Latest posts

Back