Avengers The Sentry's Fate

How will Bendis handle the Sentry in the New Avengers?

• Total voters
TheManWithoutFear said:
Cad, did you read The Sentry TPB? There's no way The Void is getting slipped under the table. It could be one of the most interesting arcs ever written.

I never managed to get a hold of it but what I meant wasn't avoid the Void all together, just not tell them about it for a little while. Don't dive straight in to it, hint a bit, let everyone who hasn't read the Sentry before get to know the character and introduce the Void a little into the series rather than as the first thing after Sentry arrives.

Ultimate Warrior said:
Hey UltimateE. It was speculations like that that made dr Conners into the Lizard :wink:

Veeeeeeeery true. :wink:

Except we don't have any indications that he was a scientific genius, unless I am just forgetting...

UltimateE said:
I don't think much of it...Hulk was a better sidekick.

Besides, [minor Sentry spoiler] the kid is missing an arm - he probably isn't going to be much help[/spoiler].
I agree. There can't be said anything more.

Relationships with the other members

So I was thinking about this tonight at work.

What do you think the relationship between The Sentry and the others will be?

Sentry should obviously be a leader but Captain America is the leader.

Sentry already has tons of respect for Spider-Man but when he leaves him in his TPB he says he has some growing up to do. Do you think SM has done that growing up?

Think there might be any love interests?

There's more I'd like to say but I got to go out now so I'll edit and discuss later... see ya kiddies :twisted:

The Story:
"THE SENTRY!" Part 1 (of 3)
David Finch takes a well-deserved nappy time to give Young Gun guest artist Steve McNiven a moment to shine. The mysteries and tragedies of the Sentry come to the forefront as the New Avengers come to his aid. Who is behind the Sentry's tragic life? The answer WILL SHOCK YOU!

This just hit me. Someone is behind The Sentry's life? Chalk up another mystery for New Avengers and to everyone's favorite hero, The Sentry.

Goodwill said:
What if the Void destroys the Sentry? What do we do then?
Spoiler if you haven't read The Sentry.
We realise that he just commited suicide and go for McDonalds.

All of this good stuff, but things can change depending on what happens in New Avengers. We'll see what happens.

Matt Murdock will rip out his useless eyeballs in order to provide his eye sockets as a place in which to keep the Void. He'll have to don a helmet to keep the Void contained, and hence becomes Ronin.

:p

GMaster said:
The Void is The Sentry. Its The Sentry's Dark-Half. For The Void to be destroyed, The Sentry must sacrifice his own life.
Actually I think it's unfair to make that allegation. We know that The Sentry and The Void are connected. Are they the same entity? I'm not going to delve any deeper The Sentry will be explained in the near future.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Actually I think it's unfair to make that allegation. We know that The Sentry and The Void are connected. Are they the same entity? I'm not going to delve any deeper The Sentry will be explained in the near future.

In the original Sentry series way way back I believe that the only way he ever defeated The Void was by him stopping using his powers. The guys virtually limitless in his power, and the negative side to that is The Void appears when he is The Sentry.

Because not everyon has read The Sentry goddamnit. They're diffrent aspects of the same person. If you read any of the supplemental material by the writer he says that the biggest concept in it was a hero addicted to his powers, ala Hourman. This addiction is fed by him creating his own enemy, so that he will always be able to swoop in and save the day when other heros have failed, giving him both the huge adrenaline rush and the adoration of public and peers. The Void is an external manifistation of his desire to be the best hero imaginable, wich is a horrible thing when you've got undefined abilities and a flare for the dramatic.

Baxter said:
Because not everyon has read The Sentry goddamnit. They're diffrent aspects of the same person. If you read any of the supplemental material by the writer he says that the biggest concept in it was a hero addicted to his powers, ala Hourman. This addiction is fed by him creating his own enemy, so that he will always be able to swoop in and save the day when other heros have failed, giving him both the huge adrenaline rush and the adoration of public and peers. The Void is an external manifistation of his desire to be the best hero imaginable, wich is a horrible thing when you've got undefined abilities and a flare for the dramatic.

Baxter is right, BUT I'm totally expecting Bendis to change this so that Sentry can be used normally.

UltimateE said:
Baxter is right, BUT I'm totally expecting Bendis to change this so that Sentry can be used normally.

I hope he doesn't. If he does, it would suck. The Sentry has almost no limit to his powers. It'd be another Superman fiasco.

Latest posts

Back